PDA

View Full Version : The better seats

BarillaGirl
05-27-12, 12:11 PM
As we watch (or choose not to watch) this year's Indy 500, let us remember those who will be watching the race from loftier seats.

RIP pchall, Cam, and Speedy Dan. :(

dando
05-27-12, 12:33 PM
As we watch (or choose not to watch) this year's Indy 500, let us remember those who will be watching the race from loftier seats.

RIP pchall, Cam, and Speedy Dan. :(

Indeed. Sadly that list is quite a bit longer:

Railbird
oddlycalm
fourrunner

Among others (TallCool1 comes to mind as well ???).

RIP. :(

EDIT: and lest we forget #99 riding with Hinch today.

-Kevin

Mary
05-27-12, 12:37 PM
RIP.

Mary

Don Quixote
05-27-12, 01:31 PM
Also theUnions and Madmaxfan2.

NismoZ
05-27-12, 02:48 PM
Well put but may I also mention the many many thousands of soldiers, sailors and airmen who gave their last full measure in service to this nation? This is, of course, their day.

BarillaGirl
05-27-12, 03:38 PM
Of course it is. I just wanted to put in a word for our oc friends, who are missed especially today. I did not intend to undercut anyone else's memorial. This is just a day I feel the loss of my best friend, who taught me everything I know about racing (but not as much as he knew) with extra pain.

devilmaster
05-27-12, 04:01 PM
Well put but may I also mention the many many thousands of soldiers, sailors and airmen who gave their last full measure in service to this nation? This is, of course, their day.

Tried to remember my best friend today, was made to feel like an ******* for not making my post a memorial for soldiers too. See you next year oc.

I miss him every hour of every day, and this day more than most. I hate feeling alone in my sorrow in the one group that might understand it.

Niz, you sir, are a ****ing idiot.

EDwardo
05-27-12, 06:02 PM
Of course it is. I just wanted to put in a word for our oc friends, who are missed especially today. I did not intend to undercut anyone else's memorial. This is just a day I feel the loss of my best friend, who taught me everything I know about racing (but not as much as he knew) with extra pain.

Although Memorial Day was in the past intended to specifically honor those in the military who gave their lives serving their country, the tradition has long included a day of remembrance for all who have passed away without regard to military service. It is entirely proper for you to remember the loss of a friend on this day. I too am remembering the loss several years ago of a dear friend. Don't let an unthoughtful comment be a distraction.

SurfaceUnits
05-27-12, 06:42 PM
Rosco

Rocketdoc
05-27-12, 07:38 PM
Rosco

Is Rosco gone?

DagoFast
05-27-12, 08:31 PM
Is Rosco gone?

But sadly, not forgotten. At least by su.

NismoZ
05-27-12, 10:34 PM
Too bad you feel that way dm. You nearly always seem to look for the worst in everyone and everything and then feel certain you have found it. I sure don't feel anything like a f***ing idiot for sharing my thoughts on the significance of the day and it's special meaning for me also. I acknowledged the day's importance to another and was merely expressing a similar and personal emotion. Wrong place, I guess. I'll be more careful in the future. Tough day for many.

mapguy
05-27-12, 11:03 PM
Too bad you feel that way dm..

Complete and utter bullspit. Steve is a vet and I thank him for his service.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3a/Canadian_Forces_Maritime_Command_Emblem.svg/200px-Canadian_Forces_Maritime_Command_Emblem.svg.png

Michaelhatesfans
05-28-12, 12:24 AM

Nice way to acknowledge someone's grief.:shakehead

TravelGal
05-28-12, 01:52 AM
Nice way to acknowledge someone's grief.:shakehead

We all have a lot of grief today. I'm truly sorry that it is so raw in so many that offense is taken. As I read each post I thought it was simply an addition to a list of those who are remembered, loved, and deeply missed.

None of us is perfect and none of us can say exactly what someone else wishes we would say all the time. Peace out.

G.
05-28-12, 02:22 AM
Is Rosco gone?

yeah. (http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/azcentral/obituary.aspx?n=ross-ogden-kloeber&pid=155444618)

Probably best to temper any commentary, Doctor C. ;)

G.
05-28-12, 02:24 AM
We all have a lot of grief today. I'm truly sorry that it is so raw in so many that offense is taken. As I read each post I thought it was simply an addition to a list of those who are remembered, loved, and deeply missed.

None of us is perfect and none of us can say exactly what someone else wishes we would say all the time. Peace out.

Yes.

Indy
05-28-12, 07:22 PM
I will risk attack by saying that I doubt any of those who have passed one way or the other would want to be fought over. Rest in PEACE, for real, to all of them.

Rocketdoc
05-28-12, 10:05 PM
yeah. (http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/azcentral/obituary.aspx?n=ross-ogden-kloeber&pid=155444618)

Probably best to temper any commentary, Doctor C. ;)

No commentary needed. RIP Rosco.