PDA

View Full Version : Ouch. This could have gone very badly...

stroker
05-26-12, 09:14 PM
http://now.msn.com/now-plus/0526-daly-crash.aspx

mapguy
05-26-12, 09:21 PM
"Look at his chest heave!"

Rogue Leader
05-26-12, 10:50 PM
I give him credit for being just angry... if it were me Suranovich would have my fist in his teeth for that crap.

opinionated ow
05-26-12, 10:58 PM
WTF is a dude with no rear wing doing even on the racing line? Surely he'd been meatballed out of the equation?

And how ugly are GP3! Piss poor, more expensive alternative to the open Formula 3.

NismoZ
05-28-12, 09:05 PM
Noticed those low fences long before I saw this and wonder if additional changes are in order. ALL ow cars fly in that type of contact. I think an F-1 probably would have cleared it. Not a pleasant thought.

Methanolandbrats
05-28-12, 09:33 PM
Racing Phenom? Did Derek write that.

Tifosi24
05-28-12, 10:02 PM
Noticed those low fences long before I saw this and wonder if additional changes are in order. ALL ow cars fly in that type of contact. I think an F-1 probably would have cleared it. Not a pleasant thought.

I had the same thought after watching it. A GP2 car would have come close to clearing the fence. Hopefully they will add at least a meter to that fence for next year. They also need to ban the blocking driver, his actions were irresponsible and life-threatening.

Trevor Longman
05-28-12, 11:07 PM
Yeah the guy Suranovich driving around without a wing was banned for the weekend and possibly longer, fired from his team, and to top it all off he got back to the paddock and flipped off the chief steward. All in all an eventful weekend for the guy. :laugh:

Elmo T
05-29-12, 06:13 AM
ALL ow cars fly in that type of contact. I think an F-1 probably would have cleared it.

It clearly lifted in the front end, but I never saw it catch air and float. The rear tires stayed relatively close to the ground (I guess ANY time there are tires off the ground, bad things are happening :saywhat:) - but it seemed more like a very long wheel stand caused by the contact - not aero lift.

Had he gone over or in on a slightly different angle :(

Rogue Leader
05-29-12, 07:40 AM
Yeah the guy Suranovich driving around without a wing was banned for the weekend and possibly longer, fired from his team, and to top it all off he got back to the paddock and flipped off the chief steward. All in all an eventful weekend for the guy. :laugh:

He was born in 1995, the freekin guy is 16 years old!

And just flushed his career down the toilet for being the child he is....

NismoZ
05-29-12, 03:31 PM
Maybe he plays tennis?