PDA

View Full Version : Great Seats Still Available

Napoleon
05-24-12, 09:00 AM
So says IMS' website which I just visited.

Don Quixote
05-24-12, 09:16 AM
No way! Must be some kind of mistake.

chop456
05-25-12, 02:21 AM
According to their ticket site, you can still get TWENTY tickets TOGETHER in NW Vista, C Stand, H Stand, Paddock Box, Tower Terrace or NE Vista.

Nice work, Tony! Still taking that hammer to work every day, you dunderhead? :tony:

SteveH
05-25-12, 07:32 AM
Just saw that Jack Arute has four for sale in the Paddock Penthouse. :gomer:

stroker
05-25-12, 08:15 AM
Next thing you know the tenderloins will be on sale...

:shakehead

chop456
05-24-18, 03:15 AM
Plenty of gRAtE seats still available in blocks of 20, kids. Take 19 of your closest friends and pARdY bIF STiLe!

Remember mailing your renewal the day after the race so you wouldn't lose your seats? Remember mailing? :tony:

Lux Interior
05-24-18, 12:36 PM
It may actually be decent race this year.

However, time seems to have passed this form of entertainment by, so no surprise on the large blocks of tickets available.

My brother sent me pictures from NASCAR Richmond VA from the race a few weeks ago. Tons of empty seats. Of course, much like AOW, NASCAR has become somewhat boring as well.

opinionated ow
05-26-18, 04:19 AM
It may actually be decent race this year.

However, time seems to have passed this form of entertainment by, so no surprise on the large blocks of tickets available.

My brother sent me pictures from NASCAR Richmond VA from the race a few weeks ago. Tons of empty seats. Of course, much like AOW, NASCAR has become somewhat boring as well.

I'm somewhat baffled by the drop off in NASCAR crowds. Some races look packed (talladega, kansas, dover) and others look totally empty (richmond, fontana, phoenix). It's not like the racing has changed in the past decade (apart from the stages). Is ecomentalism taking that much of a hold or has NASCAR priced themselves out of the market?

RTKar
05-27-18, 06:00 PM
Plenty of gRAtE seats still available in blocks of 20, kids. Take 19 of your closest friends and pARdY bIF STiLe!

Remember mailing your renewal the day after the race so you wouldn't lose your seats? Remember mailing? :tony:

I had checked a few days ago, 20 decent seats together in the short chutes. There was plenty of bare aluminum visible on overhead shots too. Part of the problem is half the country knows it was Danica's last race but couldn't tell you a thing about the winner or who in the field has won in the past.

RTKar
05-27-18, 06:20 PM
...AND the network news feeds lead with "Danica Patrick's last race", not "and the Indy 500 winner was..."

gjc2
05-27-18, 06:38 PM
The Fox News headline:

"Driver Will Power wins Indy 500 after Danica Patrick crashes out"

SteveH
05-27-18, 07:02 PM
The Fox News headline:

"Driver Will Power wins Indy 500 after Danica Patrick crashes out"

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180527/79368399096fc462c12ad8b4229e43d5.jpg

TravelGal
05-27-18, 11:27 PM
While I don't blame her for being upset and I thought she managed the interview pretty darn well, I can't help but comment that it's vintage Princess PermaPout up there. ^^^^

Lux Interior
05-27-18, 11:36 PM
Nice to see Will Power win one. It's great when the Champcar/CART guys win.

rabbit
05-28-18, 04:36 PM
32 Drivers: “You can’t pass with this aero package!”
Alexander Rossi: “Hold my beverage.”

https://youtu.be/VTY3utkFwZQ

opinionated ow
05-29-18, 01:16 AM

Rossi really has that place figured. He'll win a couple more yet

indyfan31
05-29-18, 04:25 PM

Passed 5 cars between turns 1 and 2, he sure put on a clinic. :thumbup:

stroker
05-29-18, 08:09 PM
I saw a posting on another message board from someone who attended the race that NOBODY checked for whether or not they had tickets to get in to the race...

Rus'L
05-30-18, 12:58 PM
I saw a posting on another message board from someone who attended the race that NOBODY checked for whether or not they had tickets to get in to the race...

I don't believe that.

As much as I love to rag on IMS, that just doesn't make sense. For starters, they are going to want some sort of accounting of how many people showed up and used their tickets. Secondly, in today's day and age, there are going to be various security protocols, and that includes besides checking bags and stuff, ensuring that actual ticket holders are entering the facility.

stroker
05-30-18, 02:54 PM
I don't believe that.

As much as I love to rag on IMS, that just doesn't make sense. For starters, they are going to want some sort of accounting of how many people showed up and used their tickets. Secondly, in today's day and age, there are going to be various security protocols, and that includes besides checking bags and stuff, ensuring that actual ticket holders are entering the facility.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/can-we-please-stop-hotlinking-pics/20411/page3608/

TravelGal
05-30-18, 07:46 PM
I dunno. I'm with Rus'L. Seems pretty far fetched. If that were true, they would never be able to sell tickets for next year. Weird.

chop456
05-31-18, 01:49 AM
I know they didn't check F1 qualifying tickets any of the years I went. Not mine, anyway.

opinionated ow
05-31-18, 03:05 AM
I know they didn't check F1 qualifying tickets any of the years I went. Not mine, anyway.

2005 was more than 10 years ago though. A lot has changed since then