PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm...8-1, Chevy

NismoZ
05-19-12, 05:40 PM
I wonder how long that will last? Only a few min. Left in the NINETY GD min. "Fast 9"...longest dang shootout I ever saw! So, does Honda get pizzed enough to demand keeping quallies boost for the race? This all seems like a Penske orchestrated plan of some sort. I'd hate to have to pull for a Honda to luck in to Milk Jug Lane, but that might just shake things up a little.:)

Trevor Longman
05-19-12, 06:03 PM
I was really rooting for Hinch there because I've liked the guy since he was in Atlantics and he's earned all his rides instead of buying them, also of course because he was carrying Greg Moores glove in his car with him because Greg was never given the chance to race at Indy. That was a really nice touch.

NismoZ
05-19-12, 06:04 PM
First Aussie on an Indy pole. A Canuck and an Ami. I'm OK with THAT, at least. Now, if Ana Beatriz can just pull off a win!:rofl:

NismoZ
05-19-12, 06:08 PM
Yeah, Hinch is a good one. I loved the Atlantic series. Easy to spot the REALLY good ones. They're all over the place racing today.:thumbup:

EDwardo
05-19-12, 06:24 PM
I loved the commentary Hinch gave for Champcar races on Race Director.

Trevor Longman
05-19-12, 07:11 PM
I loved the commentary Hinch gave for Champcar races on Race Director.

Yeah he does a good job now when he commentates the Star Mazda and USF2000 races. Very enthusiastic and knowledgable.

NismoZ
05-19-12, 07:31 PM
Yes! Never heard him until I saw some Youtube stuff. Good job. Didn't he do Mt. Tremblant CC, '07? Made an instant good impression with me. Of course, he's no...aww, hell... who was the guy who gushed about the "Tiger Woods of auto racing"? Now HE was a PRO!:rofl:

Racing Truth
05-19-12, 07:32 PM
I was really rooting for Hinch there because I've liked the guy since he was in Atlantics and he's earned all his rides instead of buying them, also of course because he was carrying Greg Moores glove in his car with him because Greg was never given the chance to race at Indy. That was a really nice touch.

:thumbup:Class act, but thankfully, a real character too. Need more of them in this sport.

Oh, and GoDaddy, I get that you're in racing "to sponsor Danica," but I do hope you realize your IndyCar driver is in the middle of Row One at Indy, and, BTW, 3rd in points. Might want to get on that.;)

BTW: Hey Chip, :rofl::rofl::laugh:

NismoZ
05-19-12, 07:46 PM
Yep. Maybe the best thing about quallies. Now watch him win the damn race!:rolleyes:

gjc2
05-19-12, 08:27 PM
Anyone know how much horse power the increased boost produced?

That rear wing angle look like it would produce lift.

Remember the days the place was packed for Pole Day? Did you notice the commercial for race day tickets?

stroker
05-19-12, 09:51 PM
Remember the days the place was packed for Pole Day?

I watched the YouTube clips and couldn't believe they restricted the seating to Turn 4 instead of the main grandstands. How the .1RL leadership walks around without wearing paper bags on their heads is beyond me. How the Hulman/George clan have allowed the situation to get this bad and stay this bad tells me more. What a bunch of asshats.

Dvdb
05-19-12, 10:43 PM
And what was the price for a ticky today? $10? It's on my dvr but an estimate of attendance? 30,000?

EDwardo
05-19-12, 11:10 PM
... How the .1RL leadership walks around without wearing paper bags on their heads is beyond me. How the Hulman/George clan have allowed the situation to get this bad and stay this bad tells me more. What a bunch of asshats.

Indiana National Guard finds Tony George hiding in a hole.
When asked why he was in the hole, George said,"Well, I uh, um, uh, I,..."
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg826/scaled.php?server=826&filename=tonyinahole.jpg&res=landing