PDA

View Full Version : facebook...

cameraman
05-14-12, 10:31 PM
I just do not understand this. People are about to drop $10 billion dollars on facebook. Why? I use facebook & twitter but I have never once seen an ad on either that I have paid any attention to. The "Do Not Track" and adblocking software on my browser pretty much shields me from all adverts and Facebook (among others) can't follow me. I absolutely refuse to sign in anywhere with my facebook account. So where is the profit? Who are the advertisers paying facebook and what are they getting in return? From me they get bupkis...

nrc
05-14-12, 10:58 PM
Fools and their money, etc. Some assume that Facebook can turn traffic into cash they way that Google has. So far they haven't shown the same nack for it.

TravelGal
05-15-12, 12:34 AM
Very few people have the do not track software you have. Not only that, I'd wager that most people WANT the ads that pop up, showing things related to searches they've made or, EVEN BETTER, things their *friends* like. :rolleyes:

cameraman
05-15-12, 01:31 AM
***shudder***

and GM dropped its $10 million Facebook campaign today saying that it was dramatically less effective than Google & net in general...

dando
05-15-12, 09:59 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/15/us-gm-facebook-idUSBRE84E1I820120515

Monetizing eyeballs is a tricky bidness. Monetizing eyeballs w/o pissing off an installed user base is even trickier. I wish Zuckerberg luck in exceeding the street's expectations. It's one thing to monetize search, which is extremely sticky and lends itself well to integration on many, many pages and types of pages. FB not so much. Oh, and I also read the other day that Zuck stated that revs would likely decline as the mobile platform grows due to the difficulty in displaying monetizeable ad sizes/placements. I've already seen a number of my 'friends' grow tired of updating FB.

-Kevin

gerhard911
05-15-12, 10:12 PM
WTF needs FB? My life runs perfectly fine (OK, kinda OK, but no less well) without it. Social Media is worthless to me (yes, I am over 50 but pretty much a tech head). Putting yourself "out there" just seems stupid :saywhat:

Methanolandbrats
05-15-12, 11:01 PM
Facebook and Google are nothing but corporate spyware. **** them both. Lots of people ask my why I'm not on facebook, I tell them it is a waste of time and an invasion of privacy. And thank God for DuckduckGo because Google is no longer updating and selling my profile. Somebody on here recommended it. :thumbup:

RusH
05-15-12, 11:01 PM
Then there is the other angle...Google knows the internet is going mobile and soon will have their own tablet on the market. They know search is shrinking with more people doing the same on Facebook.
It`s getting very interesting.

TKGAngel
05-16-12, 09:52 AM
One out of every five minutes of internet usage in the US is spent on Facebook. And the numbers increase abroad. That's powerful data for a lot of advertisers.

Personally, if I had to give up either Facebook or Twitter, I'd give up Facebook.

Ankf00
05-16-12, 11:17 AM
marketing analytics.

middle aged white guys might generate the buying power. middle aged white guys are not the primary driver in consumption, however, women are (in consumer packaged goods, a P&G brand manager told me last month that women are the ones who purchase something around 70% of all household purchases, including mens' products).

fb is still growing faster than pintrest with women. you can't dismiss it as a kids' plaything, as women >50 is their fastest growing demo at the moment. it doesn't matter if you're completely cut off, or if I just use it to joke around with my friends (in lieu of using a BBS), statistically we're not relevant enough to keep fb from driving massive value and revenue. CEO of a retail energy co. last week said "what old white guys on the internet don't understand is, and I'm one, we don't matter, irrelevant, the far majority of people don't think and interact online how we do, especially the ones driving and influencing consumption." and he's selling energy and other major household services, not trinkets and shampoo and baby wipes. and in the context of both that and this discussion, w/ habits, internet use, and consumption, statistically, I'm that guy too.

dando
05-16-12, 11:26 AM
marketing analytics.

middle aged white guys have the buying power. middle aged white guys are not the primary driver in consumption, however.

Middle-aged white guys buy bigger toys, tho. That is all. Go back to playing with you VY action figure... :gomer:

-Kevin

KLang
05-16-12, 12:16 PM
And us middle-aged white guys, I'm probably old now instead of middle-aged, have more disposable income to buy those bigger and better toys.

No interest in participating in or owning any Facebook.

I do use Twitter as a news source but I don't actually contribute much. Can't figure out how Twitter makes any money either.

dando
05-16-12, 12:29 PM
I do use Twitter as a news source but I don't actually contribute much. Can't figure out how Twitter makes any money either.

Same here. It's a great news feed for following beat writers for sports teams. I only tweet in response to them or heckle them. :gomer:

Oh, and they haven't figured out how to make $$$ yet either. :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
05-16-12, 12:30 PM
A primer on how FB makes its jack. (http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/16/tech/social-media/facebook-users-ads/index.html?hpt=hp_c1)

-Kevin

nrc
05-16-12, 12:40 PM
Again, FB hasn't shown that they can translate usage into revenue efficiently enough to justify their valuation. To meet Wall Street's growth expectations they're going to have to branch out and be successful in entirely new areas.

Paying this value for Facebook is like buying AOL in 2004.

Methanolandbrats
05-16-12, 01:05 PM
Again, FB hasn't shown that they can translate usage into revenue efficiently enough to justify their valuation. To meet Wall Street's growth expectations they're going to have to branch out and be successful in entirely new areas.

^^^ market makers, retail brokers and all the other greedy scumbags will run this and everything else up till they run out of buyers. Nobody GAF about valuation or anything beyond the next quarter. It's beginning to smell like 2000.

dando
05-16-12, 01:10 PM

Well, AOL did branch out, but the TW merger/acquisition was a fuster cluck. And I can give you the inside perspective on that one. :) Oh, and by 2004 you would have been buying TWX, as AOL was dropped from the company name and ticker symbol reverted back to Time Warner by then. Much like what C. Michael Armstrong did back in the late-90s with AT&T, the merger/acquisition was too expensive and before its time, and management couldn't figure out how to make the pieces parts work (or even work together themselves). Now SBC ==> AT&T and is essentially what Armstong had envisioned years later. TWX is still floundering around and has spun off TWC and AOL in the process while trying to find its way with its core business, and doing a fine job of mucking that up. :shakehead HBO is the only piece of that pile of **** that's worth a crap these days. :saywhat: I could go on for days on the subject....

Also, same thing happened with DIS post-Eisner, as he had assembled many of the pieces parts over the years of his tenure with varying degrees of success and failure, but once he was gone from the picture, Pixar fell into the fold and the rest is history. Outside of the recent John Carter fiasco, DIS is hitting on all cylinders now.

-Kevin

TKGAngel
05-16-12, 01:11 PM
Same here. It's a great news feed for following beat writers for sports teams. I only tweet in response to them or heckle them. :gomer:

Picking on beat writers is the unofficial sport of Twitter.

Can't figure out how Twitter makes any money either.

They're starting to work with Sponsored Tweets & ads on the gadgets they control, but it's a slow rollout.

dando
05-16-12, 01:16 PM
They're starting to work with Sponsored Tweets & ads on the gadgets they control, but it's a slow rollout.

Yup. I can count the number I've seen on one hand...or finger.

-Kevin

Napoleon
05-16-12, 03:04 PM
Again, FB hasn't shown that they can translate usage into revenue efficiently enough to justify their valuation.

Apple's P/E ratio is something like 15-1. FB will be something like 100-1.

dando
05-16-12, 03:14 PM
Apple's P/E ratio is something like 15-1. FB will be something like 100-1.

Ah, that's cheap in .com bubble terms. :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

SurfaceUnits
05-16-12, 05:54 PM
GM today announced it is dropping all advertisement on FB, said it is not worth the cost

Ankf00
05-16-12, 05:58 PM
And us middle-aged white guys, I'm probably old now instead of middle-aged, have more disposable income to buy those bigger and better toys.

ya, you do, but you're still not the primary influence in consumer behavior at large. you're substantially more influenced/directed by your kids, wives, sisters, etc. than the other way around. thus the FB angle.

Methanolandbrats
05-16-12, 10:59 PM
ya, you do, but you're still not the primary influence in consumer behavior at large. you're substantially more influenced/directed by your kids, wives, sisters, etc. than the other way around. thus the FB angle.

I wish I had enough risk tolerance to short facebook in a month or so. It's exactly this sort of ******** that will make it a great trade.

Napoleon
05-17-12, 12:49 PM
Funny no one has mentioned yet that one of Facebook's co-founders has, in the last few days, renounced his US citizenship and declared he is a citizen of Singapore, which just happens to save him 10s, maybe 100s of million in taxes. In the last day or two when it was pointed out to him by a reporter that US law/regulation allows him to be barred from returning to the US for the remainder of the life of the universe if a determination is made that is why he renounced his citizenship he claimed it had nothing to do with it.

Right!

dando
05-17-12, 12:54 PM
Funny no one has mentioned yet that one of Facebook's co-founders has, in the last few days, renounced his US citizenship and declared he is a citizen of Singapore, which just happens to save him 10s, maybe 100s of million in taxes. In the last day or two when it was pointed out to him by a reporter that US law/regulation allows him to be barred from returning to the US for the remainder of the life of the universe if a determination is made that is why he renounced his citizenship he claimed it had nothing to do with it.

Right!

I saw that the other day. The figure was $67m, but the offering price and amount has been fluid, so the amount could change. Of course, I also saw a tag line this AM that Dems were looking to tax ex-pats, so not so fast on that....

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
05-17-12, 01:48 PM
Many of the rich are doing that. Basicly they have bled the USA dry and they are jumping ship. :mad:

dando
05-17-12, 02:38 PM
Many of the rich are doing that. Basicly they have bled the USA dry and they are jumping ship. :mad:

Soon to be happening in France as well. :laugh:

-Kevin

TrueBrit
05-17-12, 03:32 PM
All I know is it's driving me nuts at work as people keep asking me when they'll find out if they got any IPO stock....I keep telling 'em there's a better chance of monkey's flying out of my arse singing Ave Maria, than there is of them being allocated any stock...

Methanolandbrats
05-17-12, 03:35 PM
Soon to be happening in France as well. :laugh:

-Kevin

Unless you are rich and leaving, it is not funny.

Napoleon
05-17-12, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=Methanolandbrats;308472]Many of the rich are doing that.[/QUOTE

Actually that is pretty rare, even moving from state to state for that reason. There have been several studies recently that show that.

nissan gtp
05-17-12, 06:14 PM

Actually that is pretty rare, even moving from state to state for that reason. There have been several studies recently that show that.

stop introducing facts to the discussion ;)

Methanolandbrats
05-17-12, 06:21 PM

The people who can do it are rare too, I don't mean there are jumbo airliners and cruise ships full of them leaving.

Ankf00
05-17-12, 08:03 PM
I wish I had enough risk tolerance to short facebook in a month or so. It's exactly this sort of ******** that will make it a great trade.

how'd your short on apple and google work? (and i'm not comparing fb to either, and their valuation's ****ed and is the last leg up this economy has, and IPOs are always more art than science, but the whole "omg, that product sucks, I don't even know what it does?!" thing from the middle aged male crowd is a bit tired in the tech space. FB pulls legit profit. billion dollar profit. marketing analytics is worth a lot, and drives revenues.

Methanolandbrats
05-17-12, 09:08 PM
how'd your short on apple and google work? (and i'm not comparing fb to either, and their valuation's ****ed and is the last leg up this economy has, and IPOs are always more art than science, but the whole "omg, that product sucks, I don't even know what it does?!" thing from the middle aged male crowd is a bit tired in the tech space. FB pulls legit profit. billion dollar profit. marketing analytics is worth a lot, and drives revenues.

Where did you get that from? I have been long deep in the money Apple calls before earnings for years. Works three out of four times. I don't go near Google because of the volatility. I've been trading profitably for over 20 years. Put your money where your big ****ing mouth is and load up on the IPO for Facebook. It's easy to talk **** when you are using monopoly money.

Furthermore, I never said that Facebook did not make money, I said it was spyware. Bite me.

chop456
05-17-12, 11:16 PM
Yeah! Punk! :D

Ziggy
05-18-12, 09:46 AM
I died a little inside when I read this thread

your friend

JHK

:p:rofl:

TrueBrit
05-18-12, 11:26 AM
Yeah! Punk! :D

:rofl::laugh::rofl::laugh:

Rogue Leader
05-18-12, 12:15 PM
its currently only 2 bucks over IPO, and it was trading at the IPO price 1/2 hour ago. Anyone who cried about missing out just needed to be patient lol

Ankf00
05-18-12, 01:12 PM
Where did you get that from? I have been long deep in the money Apple calls before earnings for years. Works three out of four times. I don't go near Google because of the volatility. I've been trading profitably for over 20 years. Put your money where your big ****ing mouth is and load up on the IPO for Facebook. It's easy to talk **** when you are using monopoly money.

Furthermore, I never said that Facebook did not make money, I said it was spyware. Bite me.

I only trade in internets monies.

http://tnation.t-nation.com/forum_images/4/e/4eaba_ORIG-sp_1204_03.jpg

and no thanks. diving into IPOs as an outsider is like getting into a car with Ryan Dunn.

dando
05-18-12, 01:35 PM
and no thanks. diving into IPOs as an outsider is like getting into a car with a Kennedy.

Had to fixerate that so that M&B can understand the reference. :gomer:

-Kevin

SteveH
05-18-12, 02:12 PM
Bono's private equity firm to make $1.5 billion on the IPO.

It's a beautiful day, indeed.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/facebook_stock_makes_bono_world_tVfB3JMf61vROS0DDT tO1O#ixzz1vETCCPlc

Gnam
05-18-12, 03:21 PM
http://tnation.t-nation.com/forum_images/4/e/4eaba_ORIG-sp_1204_03.jpg
:D

I'm not your buddy, friend.
I'm not your friend, guy.
I'm not your guy, buddy.

[/canada]

I don't think I've ever see an ad for the Facebook. They should look into sponsoring a car in Indy 500. They could reach dozens and dozens.

dando
05-19-12, 12:22 AM
Perspective. FB market value $100B+. McD's $91B. Visa $93B. That's some serious ****edupageness. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

chop456
05-19-12, 07:46 AM
Closed up $.23? :laugh:

Remember Netscape? I liked Netscape. :D

Indy
05-19-12, 07:51 AM
Best deal since MPH.

dando
05-19-12, 09:25 AM
Closed up $.23? :laugh:

Remember Netscape? I liked Netscape. :D

NSCP, yo. :)

-Kevin

RTKar
05-19-12, 10:10 AM
Foggy memory, I recall Netscape buying "Freeweb", my original ISP, then limiting the "free" and charging for any use over that. Those were rapidly changing times.

TravelGal
05-19-12, 12:44 PM
Best deal since MPH.

:laugh:

SteveH
05-19-12, 10:10 PM
Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg marries sweetheart (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-zuckerberg-marries,0,3595447.story)

pre-nup much?

Dvdb
05-19-12, 10:48 PM
Gots to have a prenup, yo.

Ankf00
05-20-12, 08:43 PM
they made 20-25% of the float available for retail, highly unusual, which crushed the aftermarket. lulz.

stroker
05-21-12, 12:18 AM
Is it just me or does it strike anyone else that Zuckerberg (whatever TF his name is) is the sort of guy whose head you really need stick in a toilet bowl?

cameraman
05-21-12, 01:10 PM
$34.30 a share at the moment. Nice investment there:gomer:

Don Quixote
05-21-12, 01:40 PM
Is it just me or does it strike anyone else that Zuckerberg (whatever TF his name is) is the sort of guy whose head you really need stick in a toilet bowl?When you turn him upside down to do so, I bet some serious coin drops out of his pockets.

stroker
05-21-12, 01:59 PM
When you turn him upside down to do so, I bet some serious coin drops out of his pockets.

I won't begrudge him the money, he earned it. He still seems like a dick.

KLang
05-21-12, 02:06 PM
$34.30 a share at the moment. Nice investment there:gomer:

Since I don't own any I find this very amusing. :)

Napoleon
05-21-12, 02:15 PM
I won't begrudge him the money, he earned it. He still seems like a dick.

My impression is that others think he has poor social skills.

dando
05-21-12, 03:01 PM

The irony is that FB was born from the lack of social skillz. :eek: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
05-21-12, 03:55 PM

he has aspergers like mad.

gerhard911
05-21-12, 09:21 PM
The irony is that FB was born from the lack of social skillz. :eek: :saywhat:

-Kevin

What makes that ironic? :saywhat:

I think it fits perfectly. Why else would you need to go online to find "friends"?

Napoleon
05-22-12, 07:38 AM
Gots to have a prenup, yo.

NY Times story on that angle (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/22/technology/zuckerbergs-property-status-post-marriage.html?hpw)

chop456
05-22-12, 08:36 AM
Considering she's a doctor and the direction the stock is going, she may want to look into her own prenup. :D

dando
05-22-12, 10:32 AM
Niiiiice....

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/22/us-facebook-forecasts-idUSBRE84L06920120522

The sudden caution very close to the huge initial public offering, and while an investor roadshow was underway, was a big shock to some, said two investors who were advised of the revised forecast.

They say it may have contributed to the weak performance of Facebook shares, which sank on Monday - their second day of trading - to end 10 percent below the IPO price. The $38 per share IPO price valued Facebook at $104 billion.

The change in Morgan Stanley's estimates came on the heels of Facebook's filing of an amended prospectus with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), in which the company expressed caution about revenue growth due to a rapid shift by users to mobile devices. Mobile advertising to date is less lucrative than advertising on a desktop.

"This was done during the roadshow - I've never seen that before in 10 years," said a source at a mutual fund firm who was among those called by Morgan Stanley.

:shakehead :saywhat:

-Kevin

Indy
05-22-12, 11:12 AM
This was a case of, "quick, we are going down, lets cash out now!"

Napoleon
05-22-12, 03:59 PM
Niiiiice....

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/22/us-facebook-forecasts-idUSBRE84L06920120522

:shakehead :saywhat:

-Kevin

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/22/us-exclusive-regulators-may-review-morga-idUSBRE84L11L20120522?feedType=RSS&feedName=businessNews&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=56943

dando
05-22-12, 04:14 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/22/us-exclusive-regulators-may-review-morga-idUSBRE84L11L20120522?feedType=RSS&feedName=businessNews&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=56943

Yup. I figgered that was next. What a fuster cluck. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Indy
05-22-12, 08:56 PM
I have come to the conclusion that the foundation of our economy is bull ****. Without it we would all be living in caves. :rofl:

gerhard911
05-22-12, 09:16 PM
No, the foundation of our economy (entire society, actually) is greed.

Andrew Longman
05-22-12, 09:46 PM
No, the foundation of our economy (entire society, actually) is greed.Meh. Overstated IMO.

I know plenty of people who just want to live their lifetime without abject fear and go to a race or two or three with a friend or family member..

Now of course it depends on what you are afraid of and whether the race is Williams Grove or Monaco.:gomer:

gerhard911
05-22-12, 10:41 PM
Glad you know "plenty of people" and I would include myself in that group but I'm afraid that those that move our economy and control the political process are primarily motivated by greed.

Andrew Longman
05-22-12, 11:27 PM
Glad you know "plenty of people" and I would include myself in that group but I'm afraid that those that move our economy and control the political process are primarily motivated by greed.

Actually I think the economy is fueled by consumer debt and consumption. Call it greed if you like But I wouldn't.

And without all those consumers to sell crap and debt to the titans of finance (and there are a ton of them in my corner of the country) would have to look elsewhere (china?) for consumers.

Your is a common answer (I think it originated with Adam Smith) but I just think people dont generally spend there day focused on grabbing much as they can. In fact the richest people I know (multi millionaires) don't spend much time obsessing on money. They are focused on their business, customers and employees and those are more important to making money than focusing on money.

I would agree there are plenty of bad evil people in the political process and in a lot of business.

chop456
05-23-12, 02:16 AM
How's it feel to shed $20B in market cap in 2 days? :laugh:

Andrew Longman
05-23-12, 02:59 AM
How's it feel to shed $20B in market cap in 2 days? :laugh:
As far as I know it probably feels the same as losing 1 billion...

Or a couple hundred bucks

Napoleon
05-23-12, 09:43 AM
Well that didn't take long for them to get sued over it. (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/23/us-facebook-lawsuit-idUSBRE84M0RK20120523)

That will put a damper on the honeymoon.

dando
05-23-12, 09:55 AM
Well that didn't take long for them to get sued over it. (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/23/us-facebook-lawsuit-idUSBRE84M0RK20120523)

That will put a damper on the honeymoon.

Gentlemen, start your lawyers! :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Kiwifan
05-23-12, 04:34 PM
I use FB, have about 12 "Family and Friends" and it works ok for me at that level but I'm getting sick and tired of programs wanting/requiring me to log on with FB. Spotify, it ain't gunna happen. :irked:

dando
05-23-12, 04:39 PM
Spotify, it ain't gunna happen. :irked:

I hear you on that. I'm not sharing my Justin Bieber meets Mega Death playlist with anyone else. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

stroker
05-23-12, 11:47 PM
I thought this was interesting...

http://www.businessinsider.com/exclusive-heres-the-inside-story-of-what-happened-on-the-facebook-ipo-2012-5?op=1

chop456
05-24-12, 01:33 AM
$1 says they'll get away with it because Facebook was a private company at the time, or some similar weaselry.

Andrew Longman
05-24-12, 02:14 AM
$1 says they'll get away with it because Facebook was a private company at the time, or some similar weaselry.Don't think so. Disclosure for the purpose of an IPO is still regulated just as any other stock.

And the selective partial disclosure is particularly problematic. A real no no and the kind crap that got Martha Stewart in hot water and sends brokers to jail.

But if you are say most the time it is just SOP, you are right.

chop456
05-30-12, 01:21 AM
Facebook shares closed down 9.6% to $28.82, just above its low of $28.78.

One reason for the fall in shares since its initial public offering (IPO) is that Tuesday was the first day that options on Facebook stock began trading.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18257043

P/E:92, but at least that's going down. :laugh:

Methanolandbrats
05-30-12, 09:28 AM
Good times for retail investors.........err....sheep.........the few that are left. Do people still have brokers or have they gone extinct yet :D

Methanolandbrats
05-31-12, 09:51 PM
Closed up a buck 41 today. It's a coild snake. Get your market orders in NOW for the open. Trains leaving the station, don't wanna get left behind. take that home equity cash and ten times it. Step up. This is it, once in a lifetime.

TravelGal
06-01-12, 01:37 AM
Closed up a buck 41 today. It's a coild snake. Get your market orders in NOW for the open. Trains leaving the station, don't wanna get left behind. take that home equity cash and ten times it. Step up. This is it, once in a lifetime.

I notice Ank hasn't posted in this thread in a while. :)

dando
06-01-12, 12:04 PM

He's busy prepping for Zombielypse. See another thread on that. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-01-12, 03:53 PM

Ford signed a big contract with them today, as meaningless as GM pulling out. stock price doesn't change anything with them printing $1B a year

Methanolandbrats
07-26-12, 06:26 PM
Update: :rofl: http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/earnings/story/2012-07-26/facebook-earnings/56508462/1 The comments are grate. :rofl:

TravelGal
07-27-12, 02:19 PM
Update: :rofl: http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/earnings/story/2012-07-26/facebook-earnings/56508462/1 The comments are grate. :rofl:

Some of that sarcasm is almost OffCamber-worthy. :thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
08-02-12, 01:21 PM
$19 bucks :rofl: I wonder how many shares F***erburg has left? His wealth-o-meter is slipping fast.

Elmo T
08-02-12, 03:17 PM
83 Million fake accounts? :laugh:

FAKEbook? (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/fakebook-facebook-reveals-83-million-fake-users-site-article-1.1127486)

Is it Facebook or "Fakebook?"

The social media company revealed in filings published this week that there are more than 83 million fake users on its site.

That's 8.7% percent of the platform's 955 million active users — a small, but significant number for Facebook advertising revenues, BBC reported.

High Sided
08-02-12, 03:26 PM
facebook, what a joke! i deleted my account in under a year. opened a 2nd under my cat to keep up with my daughter, don't even use it for that and last time i downloaded a photo at facebook i could not post the image here on a post, hence i found freeimagehosting.net and now my cats page isn't even needed.
the more i see facebook and twitter added in news media/tv shows/sports the more i hate it, go figure :rolleyes:.

Insomniac
08-03-12, 08:35 AM
$19 bucks :rofl: I wonder how many shares F***erburg has left? His wealth-o-meter is slipping fast.

The insiders have a holding period. It could get worse.

August 16 - 271M shares
Mid-October to Mid-November - 243M shares
November 14 - 1,200M (1.2B) shares

Maybe the beating will cause insiders to hold (or maybe the price is already below the option price for a lot of the newest employees). So we'll have to see how it shakes out. But this information isn't helping the stock right now. People are dumping figuring they can buy it back later for less.

Methanolandbrats
08-03-12, 09:37 AM
^^^ he got rid of a chunk near the top, don't remember how much. I hope it goes to 50 cents and gets de-listed.

SteveH
08-03-12, 11:49 AM
fakebook

Insomniac
08-03-12, 11:08 PM
^^^ he got rid of a chunk near the top, don't remember how much. I hope it goes to 50 cents and gets de-listed.

Right. I meant in general. A lot of people were able to make their shares available for the IPO.

dando
08-16-12, 12:24 PM
Lock-up period ends, stock FB drops below $20.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FACEBOOK_LOCK_UP?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-08-16-10-30-46

-Kevin

chop456
08-17-12, 01:30 AM
P/E:92, but at least that's going down. :laugh:

P/E: 110.93

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gnam
08-20-12, 06:57 PM
Billionaire investor Peter Thiel has unloaded the majority of his remaining Facebook shares, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/investor-thiel-unloads-most-facebook-220056925.html

He sold 20 million shares worth $400 million, keeping just 5.6 million shares.
So far he has sold almost 90% of his facebook holdings.

This IPO has been Titanic, complete with a young power couple, high expectations, and rich people abandoning ship. ;)

Elmo T
08-20-12, 09:17 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2sa08j9.jpg