PDA

View Full Version : Update: "Open" Test at RA Thursday (6/26)

chop456
06-23-03, 10:58 AM
Originally, they sent a letter out that it would only be open to season ticket holders. I called a couple times to complain, and apparently some other people did too. I have a season ticket, but it'd be nice for everyone to be able to go.

The catch: You must be in possession of a ticket for the August CART race to be granted admission to Thursday's test. The farmhouse will be open, and you'll be able to buy your race ticket on the spot, giving you test access.

The other catch: There will only be 2 teams testing. I forgot to ask who, but I'm guessing it ain't gonna' be Newman-Haas and Players.

I actually spoke with George this morning :eek: and they had a meeting this morning regarding admittance. He was polite and willing to answer my questions. Since I gave him my name at the beginning of the conversation, I wasn't going to start asking pointed questions about next year's CART race. ;)

So there you have it. Right from the horse's mouth. If you need to call the ticket office to verify, or to ask any more questions, it's (800)365-RACE

Come one, come all.

P.S. I'm going to bed now. Can someone call or e-mail CART and find out which teams will be there?

RTKar
06-23-03, 01:30 PM
Just got off the phone with RA, they don't know who will be their. ......and what sounds like a major bummer, the woman said you will be able to sit in Turn 14. I guess that means no rambling around...It starts at 8 and goes til 5 and you have to enter gate 6. During the race broadcast, one team was mentioned as going, I think it was PK. Some folks may be able to do a little snooping and find out what other teams will be there I'm sure.

TRDfan
06-23-03, 01:51 PM
Just saw this on RA's website:

CART Testing June 26th
Yes the rumors are true, up to twelve CART teams may be testing this Thursday, June 26th starting at 8AM in Elkhart Lake. Current RA Season Ticket Holders and 2003 Road America CART ticket holders may spectate from Turn 14 this Thursday by entering Gate 6. Don't have your CART ticket yet for our July 31 through August 3rd event? Our track office will be open from 7:30 AM - 5PM to obtain CART single day or weekend tickets. No June 26th test day tickets will be sold to the general public.

chop456
06-23-03, 06:42 PM
Turn 14 only? They said nothing to me about that. That really blows. This is the "favor" us season ticket holders get for losing an entire RACE weekend? I'm sure the concession stand in 14 won't be open, either.

So I get so sit there all day in the same (no shade) spot watching cars go by, not even getting to get a close-up shot or talk to people in the paddock?

This gets lamer by the minute.

BTW, someone on crapwagon.com said the other team besides PKR is ASTJ.

ncmlj
06-24-03, 04:17 PM
I called a couple times to complain, and apparently some other people did too.

And one of them was me along with an E-mail and I am still not happy about it!!! They should let anyone in!!! If you have a season pass or a ticket for the race you get in for free, other wise you pay $5/$10. As for where you can sit, they did the same thing last time but you could go from Canada corner to turn 14. Which in that case you could get out of the sun, in this case with just turn 14 yep it could get hot, bring some beverages. Chop, I will be there but not until after work. I get off at 2 and it takes me 15min from work to get there, hope to meet you.

Napoleon
06-24-03, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by ncmlj
I get off at 2 and it takes me 15min from work to get there, hope to meet you.

Good God, where do you work, Johnsonville Sausage, Sargento Cheese or Kohler Faucets, unless you milk cows for a living.

ncmlj
06-24-03, 05:58 PM
Good God, where do you work, Johnsonville Sausage, Sargento Cheese or Kohler Faucets, unless you milk cows for a living.

Vollrath :D

Dr. Corkski
06-24-03, 06:30 PM
Why go all the way to Elkhart Lake when you can see Coyne "test" at the bank?

chop456
06-24-03, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Zhivago
Why go all the way to Elkhart Lake when you can see Coyne "test" at the bank?

That only interests me if it's paid in Euros. :D

BTW, where's Gurneyflap? I thought he'd be all over this.

Ankf00
06-25-03, 05:43 PM
ERIC MAUK: Real quick, got two weeks before we go to Cleveland, do you have tests planned between now and then?

PAUL TRACY: I am testing, I think, at Elkhart Lake Thursday. Pat is at Mid-Ohio Tuesday, Wednesday. We have some things going on. A weekend off with these two hard races -- these are probably going the most physical races we have at Laguna and Portland. Long and high speed corners. Be nice to have a weekend off. Do some training and be ready for probably one of the toughest races we have in Cleveland and it be during the night it's going to make it even harder.

ALEX TAGLIANI: I think I will be in Elkhart next week and after that we have a day in Mid-Ohio as well, a couple of days of promotion in Mexico.

chop456
06-26-03, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by ncmlj
And one of them was me along with an E-mail and I am still not happy about it!!! They should let anyone in!!! If you have a season pass or a ticket for the race you get in for free, other wise you pay $5/$10. As for where you can sit, they did the same thing last time but you could go from Canada corner to turn 14. Which in that case you could get out of the sun, in this case with just turn 14 yep it could get hot, bring some beverages. Chop, I will be there but not until after work. I get off at 2 and it takes me 15min from work to get there, hope to meet you.

You have a private message.