PDA

View Full Version : Speed 2

Andrew Longman
05-10-12, 12:05 PM
I don't know where to stick it so I stuck it here.

http://www.speed2.com/

Pretty cool... if your Sat/cable provider will hook you up.

Lots of actual racing that you can't see on TV.

The F1 Archive with become a huge time sink for you. Just watched piece on Lauda's return in '77. Man cars were sweet then. :thumbup:

A couple things that struck me.

Tobacco sponsorship was already banned in Germany in 1977. But budgets didn't justify new crew uniforms so they just put duct tape over the Marlboro. :D

Season was long. Started in January.

Renault introduced turbos and radial tires that year.

Lotus was first to use the entire car as an aerodynamic device that year. Of course the next year they perfected it.

So much other innovation overall. That year included the six wheel Tyrell

It was the 10th year for Cosworth in F1

Elmo T
05-10-12, 12:11 PM
I saw we picked it up on Verizon FiOS. :thumbup:

cameraman
05-10-12, 12:24 PM
Thankfully Dish Network is on board. That's a first.

Andrew Longman
05-10-12, 12:35 PM
1977 was the 10th year of the Cosworth DFV but IIRC only two years after the DFX kicked Offy to the curb at Indy. Amazing run for that design. As it turns out, it should still be running at Indy. ;)

chop456
05-10-12, 01:17 PM

Could be sweet watching the race AT the race on SlingDish if you can get 3G or WiFi. :thumbup:

dando
05-10-12, 01:30 PM
Jeebus. And there goes the cable bill again with yet another damn channel. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

dirtyboy
05-10-12, 02:08 PM
I've heard rumors that Speed might get flipped into the new 24 hour Fox Sports Channel. This may be step one in sending racing over to that website.

TrueBrit
05-11-12, 05:12 PM

What channel number?

gerhard911
05-11-12, 05:20 PM
I believe SPEED2 is internet only. Not sure how Dish provides access.

I could get it with TimeWarner as long as I had their internet and subscribed to SPEED on their cable system. However, I switched to DirecTV and can no longer access it.

Andrew Longman
05-11-12, 05:33 PM
I believe SPEED2 is internet only. Not sure how Dish provides access.

I could get it with TimeWarner as long as I had their internet and subscribed to SPEED on their cable system. However, I switched to DirecTV and can no longer access it.You should be able to get it as a Direct TV customer. You simply need to log onto it using you DirectTV log on (which if you've never done on the DirectTV website, just go and do first)

cameraman
05-11-12, 05:49 PM
Yeah it is an internet deal. You login using your Dish Network internet account. If you don't have one you can sign up on Dish's web site with your Dish account number.

gerhard911
05-11-12, 10:41 PM
You should be able to get it as a Direct TV customer. You simply need to log onto it using you DirectTV log on (which if you've never done on the DirectTV website, just go and do first)

Just watched the F1 practice on SPEED and Bob said it was available to DirecTV customers. Must be a recent addition - thanks for the details! I'll check it out this weekend :)

Racing Truth
05-12-12, 03:49 PM
I've heard rumors that Speed might get flipped into the new 24 hour Fox Sports Channel. This may be step one in sending racing over to that website.

As have I. Already, as part of "Survival Sunday," SPEED will air Chelsea/Blackburn tomorrow. Either it or Fuel TV could become the 24-hr. network.

Badger
05-13-12, 12:12 PM
I have apple tv but speed2 doesn't have the airplay button. Otherwise, it works well, just need to get it on the 50 inch. Ive previously streamed some of the f1 practices, so I'm not sure why this is differnt.