PDA

View Full Version : Wanna buy a track?

Andrew Longman
05-04-12, 08:24 PM
http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-democrat/index.ssf/2012/04/police_shut_down_new_track_for.html

Pretty messed up. Me thinks he is in big trouble. Can't imagine what he was thinking.

Also not sure his biz model works. Pretty expensive for three laps.

stroker
05-05-12, 10:32 AM
http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-democrat/index.ssf/2012/04/police_shut_down_new_track_for.html

Pretty messed up. Me thinks he is in big trouble. Can't imagine what he was thinking.

Also not sure his biz model works. Pretty expensive for three laps.

I figured you were talking about something else. Three local dirt tracks have gone T.U. in the last few years.

Andrew Longman
05-05-12, 11:25 AM
Naw. This more of field of dreams deal. Except he never got permits and variances. Then ignored officials and paved the track without doing the environmental work.

He will pay to rip it all out.

cameraman
05-05-12, 12:27 PM
It takes such a wide variety of stupid to get into that mess.

Elmo T
05-05-12, 02:05 PM
Is this the Groupon dude with the "Bristol" track?

EDIT - Yea thats the same I saw last month.

His rant in the comments - I'll take my business to China? :rolleyes: Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

No one said it wasn't permitted - they said he didn't get the permits or approvals. :shakehead

Andrew Longman
05-05-12, 03:45 PM
That's him.

And that's right... Though his neighbors seem less than happy.

And permitting can be a real issue though in that area. Nothing drains well so wetlands and runoff is always a problem.

He should have bought Flemington Speedway. The Walmart and Lowes they built there are always empty.:gomer:

I was talking a while back with our former mayor who is pretty connected. I've known him for more that 20 year and never knew he is a racer and race fan. He apparently helped navigate permitting for NJMSP, the aborted track on Staten Island, and a bunch of others. Sort of his specialty and the sort of help Proudlock should have looked for.