PDA

View Full Version : No Brazilian Futility?

stroker
04-29-12, 04:38 PM
Not a word about the race yet today, here? Wow.

Not that I care, mind you. Didn't bother watching or recording it.

TKGAngel
04-29-12, 05:21 PM
I had it on in the background while reading the Sunday paper. Bob Jenkins said they were in Canada at one point. That's pretty much all I remember.

Rex Karz
04-29-12, 05:22 PM
F1 races in Brazil this fall.

EDwardo
04-29-12, 05:23 PM
http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/129045275296755721.jpg

gerhard911
04-29-12, 06:24 PM
^^^ Needs more red hats :laugh:

So futile it doesn't even rate a futility thread :rofl:

Indy
04-29-12, 06:25 PM
My opinion:

It is a very good street circuit where actual overtaking is possible. The cars are ugly and not fast enough. Beaux Barfield is doing an excellent job -- you keep expecting the morAn Barnhart to ruin the race somehow, but it doesn't happen. Overall it was just an average race, but there were some very good moments, the best being Sato passing two cars, Franchitti and (I think) Castro-Neves, in one corner on a restart.

If CART 1995 was a 10 and the IRL 1996 was a 0, I think the series has moved up to a 3. End-stage CCWS was about a 4, so they have definitely made progress, but have a long way to go.

stroker
04-29-12, 07:23 PM
My opinion:

It is a very good street circuit where actual overtaking is possible. The cars are ugly and not fast enough. Beaux Barfield is doing an excellent job -- you keep expecting the morAn Barnhart to ruin the race somehow, but it doesn't happen. Overall it was just an average race, but there were some very good moments, the best being Sato passing two cars, Franchitti and (I think) Castro-Neves, in one corner on a restart.

If CART 1995 was a 10 and the IRL 1996 was a 0, I think the series has moved up to a 3. End-stage CCWS was about a 4, so they have definitely made progress, but have a long way to go.

Thus the ratings requiring a dial caliper or micrometer to measure. Sounds about right.

Methanolandbrats
04-29-12, 07:37 PM
My opinion:

If you ever get the urge to make a little paper car, please back away and seek help. :D

Elmo T
04-29-12, 07:40 PM
I had it on while making lunch for the kids and prepping dinner. I don't recall a single moment that caused me to actually walk into the family room to pay attention.

Starting the race early to beat the rain? :thumdown::shakehead

dando
04-29-12, 07:55 PM
I had it on while making lunch for the kids and prepping dinner. I don't recall a single moment that caused me to actually walk into the family room to pay attention.

Starting the race early to beat the rain? :thumdown::shakehead

So much for that sprinklers idea. Hey, maybe on the new Test Track... ;)

-Kevin

TRDfan
04-29-12, 08:39 PM
Background here too.

Seems every time I looked in, there was another FCY. Towards the end I was flipping back and forth with the Grand Am water race. (Yes, I was bored and killing time.)

DagoFast
04-29-12, 08:48 PM
I'm positive there was futility. The fact that any teams still bother to show up is proof enough.

Indy
04-29-12, 09:44 PM
If you ever get the urge to make a little paper car, please back away and seek help. :D

i dont know what you are talking about,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Indy
04-29-12, 09:45 PM
I'm positive there was futility. The fact that any teams still bother to show up is proof enough.

It is still futile. Just not as absurdly futile. Other than the cars, it's just not that funny anymore. I guess it needs more racing dentists.

New slogan:

INDYCAR: not as absurd as we used to be :gomer:

gerhard911
04-29-12, 10:49 PM
I double dog dare El Kabong to post that up over at smackville. :gomer:

The only reason it's not as funny as it used to be is that it's the same tired old joke you have heard a couple dozen times. Still stupidly absurd but no longer funny.

stroker
04-29-12, 11:42 PM
just watched the low lights on Speed Report.

Can you imagine what somebody who'd watched CART at Surfer's Paradise for years would say to a Brazilian who sincerely enjoyed that IZOD race?

High Sided
04-29-12, 11:56 PM
background here also. what's up with the turbo's, some kind of rule change? did watch the end under yellow, texted a friend saying pole day will be more eggciting. he missed the race all together, lol. hoping for good weather for the contrived 9.

Indy
04-30-12, 12:04 AM

The only reason it's not as funny as it used to be is that it's the same tired old joke you have heard a couple dozen times. Still stupidly absurd but no longer funny.

Good point.

And who is this El Kabong character and where is this smackville you speak of? :laugh:

cameraman
04-30-12, 12:05 AM
Caught the last 5 laps checking on when the Tour de Romandie comes on (now). What I saw was a 5 lap parade but the field was probably pretty well sorted by that point. No real interest at all.

MoCartt
04-30-12, 09:15 AM

He doesn't have to post that up over there gerhard.

However, this does not mean that smackville may not be researching and discussing his post.

:yuck: :laugh:

Wheel-Nut
04-30-12, 10:10 AM
Penske wins again; undefeated in 2012.

NismoZ
04-30-12, 10:15 AM
Oh, joy.:shakehead

Rogue Leader
04-30-12, 10:24 AM
The race was going good till they all got up to their old tricks and started crashing into eachother at every corner. I was watching thinking after the first 3 races like wow they aren't just punting eachother at every corner like usual. Then they get here and what do they do? Punt eachother at every corner. Towards the end that multi car pileup? Come on already. Its like they figured out the cars are more resilient now so they figure eh lets give it a shot.

Not looking forward to last years crash fests where the pace car often leads more laps than the winner. I had hope based on the first 3 races but that hope is beginning to fade a bit already.

Indy
04-30-12, 07:02 PM
He doesn't have to post that up over there gerhard.

However, this does not mean that smackville may not be researching and discussing his post.

:yuck: :laugh:

I can always count on you, Mo. :laugh:

Chief
05-01-12, 04:11 PM
2010 = 0.40
2011 = 0.08
2012 = 0.23

:laugh:

cameraman
05-01-12, 05:40 PM
The fine folk at IndyCar have announced that from now on all IndyCar race broadcasts will be made available on YouTube after the race. Full length. When the economic value of the broadcast is zero, what do you have to lose by posting it up for free.:laugh:

NismoZ
05-01-12, 06:31 PM
You serious? From a .08 to a .23!? :eek: That's like a 300% increase! On our way, baby!!:thumbup:

TravelGal
05-01-12, 06:39 PM
You serious? From a .08 to a .23!? :eek: That's like a 300% increase! On our way, baby!!:thumbup:

And don't think they won't call it that. :tony:

gerhard911
05-01-12, 07:08 PM
But don't think the folks paying the bills will be impressed :laugh:

stroker
05-01-12, 07:58 PM
2010 = 0.40
2011 = 0.08
2012 = 0.23

2012 is the new Average, in other words.

Rex Karz
05-01-12, 10:24 PM

Wait until we all get to see the key demographics and metrics. :gomer: :tony:

Indy
05-01-12, 10:31 PM
2010 = 0.40
2011 = 0.08
2012 = 0.23

It's a fluid dynamics thingie. Errrrrr, equilibrium, ummmmmm, [mumble]... :tony:

SurfaceUnits
05-02-12, 03:17 PM
HElles BElls you don't need no theard to have FUtilty. THats' what TOney GEorge is all bout.

THe IRl - We dont need you're help to fail

Duroc
05-03-12, 01:04 AM

Well... maybe, that woman is a delusional old rummy. :tony: