PDA

View Full Version : NHL Playoffs

Pages : [1] 2

SurfaceUnits
04-15-12, 08:08 PM
Having fun in Philly

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2012/4/15/2950818/flyers-penguins-brawl-fight-video-gifs

http://philly.sbnation.com/philadelphia-flyers/2012/4/15/2950540/flyers-penguins-fight-breaks-out-after-talbot-goal

A total of 72 penalty minutes were dished out in the first period alone.

In the first period of Game 3 on Sunday afternoon all of that continued to happen. Along with that, we also had the chaos and madness that didn't exist in Games and 1 and 2.

Sidney Crosby and Claude Giroux fought. Kris Letang, Kimmo Timonen and Arron Asham were all ejected. The teams combined for over 70 penalty minutes. The period itself took nearly an hour to complete in real time. It was completely bonkers. A lot of it was the Penguins seemingly running out of answers, losing their composure and, for lack of a better description, completely embarrassing themselves.

TrueBrit
04-15-12, 10:23 PM
The friggin Blackhawks are gonna kill me with this late third period stuff....

TKGAngel
04-16-12, 07:56 AM
If you would have told me that the Pens & Canucks would be down 3-0 at this point, I would have looked at you like you were nuts.

And how could you not resist pulling Scott Hartnall's hair?

Elmo T
04-16-12, 10:23 AM
The City of Brotherly Love! :rofl:

Even my kids were booing Crosby.

Chris Therien (local commentator and ex-Flyer) Goes Off On Sidney Crosby (http://www.crossingbroad.com/2012/04/audio-chris-therien-goes-off-on-sidney-crosby.html) ** Some NSFW words printed there ***

"You know what, Crosby is the one who started that thing. What is to say someone can't just punch his lights right out? Concussion or no concussion. Punch him in the face as hard as you can.

Lots of talk on the radio today about needed higher glass for Wednesday's game - keep the blood from splattering the crowd. I am guessing the ratings for Wednesday's game will exceed that of a couple of the IRL races combined. ;)

dando
04-18-12, 11:29 PM
http://2media.nowpublic.net/images//51/5c/515cae911c2cb082583b248f8e571575.jpg

OK, not so good on the timing considering tonight's debacle, but still :rofl:. :D

-Kevin

dando
04-19-12, 10:03 AM
A good piece by our local scribe and man of all seasons, Mike Arace, on the farce the 'justice' has become in the NHL playoffs:

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/content/stories/2012/04/19/-and-justice-for-some.html

IMO, Shanny has made the IRL look like the SOTUS in comparison. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-19-12, 10:55 AM
A good piece by our local scribe and man of all seasons, Mike Arace, on the farce the 'justice' has become in the NHL playoffs:

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/content/stories/2012/04/19/-and-justice-for-some.html

IMO, Shanny has made the IRL look like the SOTUS in comparison. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

"Justice" was a farce well before the NHL playoffs. Patrick Kaleta can't say "god bless you" to an opponent's sneeze without getting a sit down or fine. Tyler Myers was suspended for three games in March for a hit very similar to the one Shea Weber dropped a couple days ago. Milan Lucic steamrolled Ryan Miller - and gave him a concussion/neck injury - and yet there was no punishment.

Methanolandbrats
04-19-12, 11:33 AM
THat **** looks more like roller derby than hockey.

dando
04-19-12, 11:46 AM
"Justice" was a farce well before the NHL playoffs. Patrick Kaleta can't say "god bless you" to an opponent's sneeze without getting a sit down or fine. Tyler Myers was suspended for three games in March for a hit very similar to the one Shea Weber dropped a couple days ago. Milan Lucic steamrolled Ryan Miller - and gave him a concussion/neck injury - and yet there was no punishment.

I hear ya...it's just more pronounced now that peeps are actually paying attention to the NHL because of the playoffs. Just ask Wis about 'justice' after his 8-game suspension for a pre-season hit on a 'defenseless' player, and compare that to Weber and the penalty he received for his WWE slam of Zetterberg into the turnbuckle. Based on what I saw last night, refs don't know what to call and players don't know how to play with the rules as they are. Sad since the intensity has been palpable in every series thus far, but the officiating and league are omnipresent. :irked: We'll see what Raffi gets for his hit on Hossa. I'm guessing they will make an example of him, and he may have played his last playoff game this season.

-Kevin

Elmo T
04-20-12, 08:47 AM
Flyers-Penguins: No Ordinary Playoff Series (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20120420_Inside_the_Flyers___Flyers-Penguins_no_ordinary_playoff_series.html)

I think this is a great assessment of the series thus far:

The getting-stranger-by-the-shift series between the Flyers and their cross-state pals from Pittsburgh has resembled a glorified men's league.

Only most men's leagues likely have better goaltending.

This is a series that has had a slew of odd-man rushes, poor goaltending, too much open ice for the snipers, cheap shots, poor goaltending, power-play goals out the gazoo, and poor goaltending.

I can't even imagine what tonight might bring. :saywhat:

dando
04-20-12, 09:34 AM
I can't even imagine what tonight might bring. :saywhat:

Meet the Phlyers' new G:

http://blackhawkup.com/files/2009/08/stuck_on_you02.jpg

:saywhat:

The curse of Pelle Lindbergh, I tell ya. Bring back Hextall!

For tonight I predict a fat guy with a few too many Yuenglings will fall through the glass in the sin bin and fight the Cowardly Penguin... :D $10 tonight will be 1-0 Penguins and it's back to Philly 3-2. Just sayin'....

-Kevin

dando
04-21-12, 12:31 PM
Raffi gets whacked. (http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/7839465/2012-stanley-cup-playoffs-phoenix-coyotes-raffi-torres-suspended-25-games) 25 games. :eek:

Meanwhile Buttman downplays the suspension talk.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/7836909/nhl-commissioner-gary-bettman-calls-criticism-suspensions-gamesmanship

He added Shanahan "is doing a very, very good job."

Bettman proudly noted that the average number of hits per game had grown from 45 during the regular season to 68 in the playoffs through Wednesday. Emphasizing that he was referring to legal hits, Bettman didn't see any correlation between that increase and the increase in suspensions for illegal ones.

He considers much of the physical play to be normal for a first round and already notices teams settling down. Still, penalty minutes have been up so far from past years.

Bettman said he didn't know when Shanahan would rule on Torres, a decision sure to be dissected, too.

"I have confidence in the people that are doing it, even though they're under intense scrutiny and criticism from both sides," Bettman said. "For everybody who says it's too much, there are people who say it's too little. For everybody who doesn't like a particular judgment, they say they're being inconsistent."

:shakehead

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-21-12, 12:45 PM
$10 tonight will be 1-0 Penguins and it's back to Philly 3-2. Just sayin'....

-Kevin

You got the back to Philly 3-2 part right. This series will not go down as an example of stellar goaltending.

My jaw dropped when I saw the Torres suspension. I was thinking 8-10 games, not 25. Now if only Shanny keeps up the discipline for the remainder of the playoffs, and applies the standards fairly. Oh, who am I kidding....

Also, Nashville. :thumbup:

dando
04-21-12, 12:52 PM
Also, Nashville. :thumbup:

Agreed. Catfish anyone? :) The beginning of the end for the Dead Wings (where have I heard this before?).

-Kevin

chop456
04-21-12, 08:28 PM
Raffi gets whacked. (http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/7839465/2012-stanley-cup-playoffs-phoenix-coyotes-raffi-torres-suspended-25-games) 25 games. :eek:

-Kevin

"My main concern is for the healthy recovery of Marian Hossa, and I hope that he will be able to get back on the ice to compete again soon. I sincerely regret injuring Marian," Torres said.

Yeah? Like last year? Enjoy the time off, assbag.

Dvdb
04-21-12, 11:18 PM
Let's Go Blues

dando
04-21-12, 11:24 PM
Let's Go Blues

You're welcome. Hitch was obviously the problem here in Cbus. :saywhat: Oh wait, it was all of those players we traded now playing in the playoffs... :irked: :shakehead I feel like walking up the street a few blocks, knocking on GM Scott Howson's door and asking him how he feels about that. :flame:

-Kevin

High Sided
04-22-12, 12:20 AM
Let's Go Blues

turned it on right after the 1st blues goal :thumbup::thumbup:

dando
04-22-12, 01:23 AM
All 5 Yotes/Hawks games go to OT. :eek:

-Kevin

Dvdb
04-22-12, 10:26 AM
Blues are playing some good hockey, High Sided. Could be an interesting 4 weeks or so.

Made the mistake of stopping at a local watering hole to watch the "1st period". Two hours and one too many beers later........let's just say it was tough getting up this morning to sell bbq.

LGB!!!

dando
04-22-12, 03:08 PM
Phlyers, baby! :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-23-12, 12:50 PM
Phlyers, baby! :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Kevin

It's all fun and games until the Flyers play a team with an actual goalie in net.

chop456
04-23-12, 12:58 PM
sell bbq.

Tell me more. If you want to PM me, that's fine, too.

dando
04-23-12, 04:18 PM
It's all fun and games until the Flyers play a team with an actual goalie in net.

Now, now...getting grumpy with your adopted NYR facing elimination? :p :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
04-23-12, 04:35 PM
your adopted NYR That'll be the day......

dando
04-23-12, 04:57 PM
That'll be the day......

Sad but true...

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-23-12, 04:58 PM
Now, now...getting grumpy with your adopted NYR facing elimination? :p :gomer:

-Kevin

Hahahaha. I hopped off that train quick. Besides, if the Sens lose, you'll see a lot of CBC execs swooning over not having a Canadian team in the second round.

devilmaster
04-23-12, 05:14 PM
you'll see a lot of CBC execs swooning over not having a Canadian team in the second round.

In a couple years, I doubt the CBC will have to worry about that....

http://business.financialpost.com/2012/04/20/cbc-vows-to-keep-nhl-broadcast-rights-from-bell-rogers/

dando
04-23-12, 07:22 PM
Hahahaha. I hopped off that train quick. Besides, if the Sens lose, you'll see a lot of CBC execs swooning over not having a Canadian team in the second round.

The dark side beckons... :D

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
04-24-12, 07:28 AM
Great game by the NYRers. Especially gritty 2nd period. And Lundqvist stood on his head. Ottawa is the tough opponent I expected.

Neil is a top shelf ******* and needs to be thoroughly knocked into a coma.

High Sided
04-24-12, 01:04 PM
Blues are playing some good hockey, High Sided. Could be an interesting 4 weeks or so.

Made the mistake of stopping at a local watering hole to watch the "1st period". Two hours and one too many beers later........let's just say it was tough getting up this morning to sell bbq.

LGB!!!

been busy this week with family. guess i'll watch more hockey than i have in my entire life these next few weeks. also will be eating more pulled pork than ever too. my sister left me with 3lbs that her sons boyscout troop makes each year (or their parents). they make a total of 6000lbs over a two week period and raise nearly $30,000 selling it :eek:.

you been to the moto museum down by slu? we went yesterday and they have the triumph grill, best baconcheeseburger i've had in town. gonna go back to try their smoked meats...

http://www.triumphgrill.com/menu.html

http://www.themotomuseum.com/

Dvdb
04-24-12, 08:35 PM
High Sided, still waiting for the round 2 schedule annoucement. I think the earliest they may start is Friday, and game two maybe Monday. Because of course, somebody with serious myopia scheduled a ............wait for it............Van Halen concert for Sunday night. May want to throw some pulled pork in the freezer for enhanced Blues viewing.

Funny you mentioned Triumph Grill. I was reading an article on the Post website about the photography museum moving from Oklahome City to Midtown. Renting the space above Triumph. Could make for a fun Saturday excursion next spring.

I can't fathom 6,000 lbs of pulled pork.............Our little dog and pony show sells maybe 15 lbs on a good weekend. Maybe we need scout uniforms?

Andrew Longman
04-24-12, 09:41 PM
My son was offered $1000 (4) worth of free luxury suite tickets for the Devils this afternoon but had to turn them down because he had to work and his friend had to right an English paper.

At 4:30, by someone else, I too was offer $1000 for luxury suite tickets and I turned them down because I knew Trevor had to work and the wife didn't want to go because she wanted to take our daughter to get her prom dress altered.

As it turns out my daughter who cares nothing about hockey or the Devils except her boyfriend is a big fan...

...She is at the game now with her boyfriend and his dad.

She texted me that the free buffet that comes with "sweet 213" (spelling has always been a challenge) is really good. :rolleyes::)

I should also add I am at home on the couch in front of a fire and the Devils game (toggling with Yankees/Texas) enjoying a good game...except the second period. Panthers had three shots on goal the whole second period and scored twice to tie the game. . Crappness

Andrew Longman
04-24-12, 10:17 PM
OVERTIME!

dando
04-24-12, 10:24 PM
right an English paper.

I hope his friend writes better English than you. :p :D

That sucks, but frankly, I'd rather be watching on the tube by the fire, too (even if the Devils did win in OT just a second ago). But I do gotta say the one playoff I got to experience here was amazing. Could well be the only playoff hockey game I get to experience here in my lifetime.... :saywhat: :irked:

Three game 7s in the east while the Phlyers rest and wait and get fat drinking Yuenglings and eating cheesesteaks. :irked:

-Kevin

High Sided
04-24-12, 11:13 PM
Last edited by Dvdb; 04-24-12 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: transposed numbers. 30,000lbs??? LOL

that would finance a cruise around the world for the troop. ;)

bring on the friday blues

Andrew Longman
04-24-12, 11:20 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLL!!!!

Andrew Longman
04-24-12, 11:23 PM
I hope his friend writes better English than you. :p :DBut I can post youtube now.

Not bad for a product of public education with a history of about 15 concussions.

:gomer:

dando
04-24-12, 11:40 PM
But I can post youtube now.

Not bad for a product of public education with a history of about 15 concussions.

That just goes to explain your choice of pro sports teams. :p Well, that and time served in the purgatory known as TSUN (which also explains your affection for the Maize & Blow). :gomer: And we all know that Trevdog is the explanation for your ability to 'master' Youtube videos. :D ;)

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
04-25-12, 12:20 AM
Well, that and time served in the purgatory known as TSUN (which also explains your affection for the Maize & Blow).Correction. I when to TSWUN (That School Waaay Up North). I wanted to go to TSUN because my grandfather was one of the first graduates of their medical school. And they have the coolest helmets in sport. And because Woody Hayes was a dick. (runs).

But my football and academic skills more suited to something like a DII teachers college in with wilderness.

And we all know that Trevdog is the explanation for your ability to 'master' Youtube videos. :D ;)Maybe, but I had to know a thing or two to get him on the planet. OK maybe just a thing. :gomer:

dando
04-25-12, 12:41 AM
And they have the coolest helmets in sport.

Lifted from Princeton, yo. :gomer: I'll ignore the Woody comment. Careful, or I'll send one of our geese (http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120424/OPINION03/204240416?fb_comment_id=fbc_10150754441371435_2188 9150_10150754782521435#f1b85f972) to take care of bidness. :D The moral of the story: our geese get it. :thumbup: :D

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-25-12, 08:00 AM
I think the earliest they may start is Friday

My cable guide shows the conference semis (teams TBA) starting Friday. But this is Time Warner, and they have been known to be wrong before. :)

And once again Brian Campbell gets called on a puck over the glass penalty in the third period of a clinching game. Soupy, don't ever change.

Andrew Longman
04-25-12, 08:40 AM
Lifted from Princeton, yo. :gomer: Along with the Princeton coach who designed them. Princeton dropped them when he left and only readopted them recently. And while I grew up in Princeton, I could never have gotten in and it wouldn't have mattered because their football teams usually suck.
I'll ignore the Woody comment.I guess you also ignore that he is the only coach who sucker punched an opposing player for winning the game. Or throw down markers across the field like a javelin. ;)
Careful, or I'll send one of our geese to take care of bidness. :D The moral of the story: our geese get it. :thumbup: :DNot surprising. Most geese are just smart enough to be an tOSU fan. :D. Go ahead and send him. We know how to take care of bidness in Jersey.

dando
04-25-12, 09:46 AM
My cable guide shows the conference semis (teams TBA) starting Friday. But this is Time Warner, and they have been known to be wrong before. :)

And once again Brian Campbell gets called on a puck over the glass penalty in the third period of a clinching game. Soupy, don't ever change.

Dude, nhl.com doesn't even have game times for the game 7s on Thurs (sucks that those will both be on Thurs and opposite the NFL draft). :saywhat: Don't be hating blindly on TWC. My Tivo guide didn't even list the Yotes/Hawks game Mon night on CNBC @ 9. :irked: I shouldn't complain, tho...the one thing the NHL got right with this TV deal on NBC* is getting all of the games on multiple outlets. :thumbup: :thumbup: It's been March Madness w/o the March...but if you may think it's March based on the weather. :mad:

Embrace the Philly love... :D

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-25-12, 12:27 PM
Dude, nhl.com doesn't even have game times for the game 7s on Thurs (sucks that those will both be on Thurs and opposite the NFL draft). :saywhat: Don't be hating blindly on TWC. My Tivo guide didn't even list the Yotes/Hawks game Mon night on CNBC @ 9. :irked: I shouldn't complain, tho...the one thing the NHL got right with this TV deal on NBC* is getting all of the games on multiple outlets. :thumbup: :thumbup: It's been March Madness w/o the March...but if you may think it's March based on the weather. :mad:

Embrace the Philly love... :D

-Kevin

The league just announced that NYR/OTT starts at 7pm and NJD/FLA starts at 830pm. Good move by the league on the staggered starts.

ETA: NSH/PHX runs Friday/Sunday. STL/LAK runs Saturday/Monday.

devilmaster
04-25-12, 01:37 PM
finally a little bit of real trash talking....

I was starting to get worried about you guys...

Dvdb
04-25-12, 04:44 PM
Confirmed: Blues vs. Kings Saturday night and Monday for games one and two.

LGB

Ankf00
04-25-12, 11:28 PM
finally a little bit of real trash talking....

I was starting to get worried about you guys...

leaves is the plural of leaf.

dando
04-25-12, 11:40 PM

I thought it was laffs. :gomer:

-Kevin

devilmaster
04-26-12, 03:03 AM

I'm sure I posted my thoughts on this a while ago, but if I hadn't...

I haven't followed the NHL with any regularity since the strike. Bettman should still be forced to skate on a rink with only Chris Chelios on the ice with him. I hate shootouts, I hated that talk about giving 3 points for a win (honestly, once you ensure you will always have a winner, just go to wins and losses and games back).

As for the laffs, if I was still following the league, I couldn't cheer for a team that Burke runs (or bobby clarke for that matter). Both egotistical yahoos.

The NHL lost me a while ago.. I still try and follow the OHL and Windsor Spitfires, and I probably will try and see an Oiler and oil king game while I spend some time in Edmonton this upcoming year. Might try and get a Flame game in if I can get down there as well. Beyond knowing the leafs didn't make the playoffs and the Wings are out in the first round, I honestly couldn't tell you all the 8 teams that are left for the 2nd round...

TKGAngel
04-26-12, 08:20 AM
As for the laffs, if I was still following the league, I couldn't cheer for a team that Burke runs (or bobby clarke for that matter). Both egotistical yahoos.

As much as Burke is an egotistical yahoo of a GM, I have tremendous respect for what he and his son Patrick started with the You Can Play Project.

dando
04-26-12, 09:23 AM
I(or bobby clarke for that matter).

That's Booby Clarke, yo. And if your team is run by Brian Burke, you've been Burked. :gomer:

I hear ya on following the NHL...especially since we only have an NHL farm team here in Cbus. Just look @ all of the former CBJs in the playoffs...even Gilbert F'ing Brule has scored 2 goals. Srsly?!? The running joke around is that the Yotes are actually the Red Jackets. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

Elmo T
04-26-12, 09:36 AM
(or bobby clarke for that matter).

We love Clarkie here in Philly. (Checking to see if we are winning. We are? OK) Yea, we love him.....for now. ;):rolleyes:

dando
04-26-12, 09:52 AM
We love Clarkie here in Philly. (Checking to see if we are winning. We are? OK) Yea, we love him.....for now. ;):rolleyes:

Yeah, but the pitch forks were coming out last summer when they traded Richardson and Carter (who continues to be pathetic after the trades). Holmy may be the GM, but the strings lead to Booby. I swear he just holds up the Cup and the fans and Ed Snider act like the aliens in Toy Story (Oh! The Cup!)... :saywhat:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
04-27-12, 12:36 AM
All is good in ny/nj

Good tough smart crisp hockey.

The teams just a little bit better won

High Sided
04-27-12, 12:58 AM
Confirmed: Blues vs. Kings Saturday night and Monday for games one and two.

LGB

looks like blues may end up playing in the day on saturday says news4

dando
04-27-12, 08:44 AM
All is good in ny/nj

Good tough smart crisp hockey.

The teams just a little bit better won

Phlyers/Devils redux. :eek:

Longman:

pTJMtZWx29s

Elmo:

OcgivAeVlI4

:D

-Kevin

Elmo T
04-27-12, 09:08 AM
Phlyers/Devils redux. :eek:

-Kevin

Should be a great series, but it will be an uphill battle for the Flyers.

dando
04-27-12, 09:54 AM
Should be a great series, but it will be an uphill battle for the Flyers.

Marty B. :saywhat: :irked: :cry: @ least Scott Stevens is no more.

-Kevin

dando
04-27-12, 09:56 AM
Complete round 2 schedule. (http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=629665)

-Kevin

dando
04-27-12, 10:02 AM
looks like blues may end up playing in the day on saturday says news4

Game 1 Sat @ 7:30pm.

-Kevin

Dvdb
04-27-12, 12:01 PM
Yea, the only station that is more misinformed than Ch4 is Ch5.

It may be age catching up with me, but I am becoming really intolerant of terrible local news reporting. But I think part of that is because STL used to have great local news/newspaper.

LGB*

*Let's Go Blues

High Sided
04-28-12, 12:10 PM
^^^

i get my local news from fox2 but dvr cbs world news and add 30minutes so i can fastforward to the local weather, that's where i caught the saturday day game possibility. had to do with how the other series finished saying one team had preference over the blues for the prime time spot so we can't be to hard on our local guys.

dando
04-28-12, 12:39 PM
^^^

i get my local news from fox2 but dvr cbs world news and add 30minutes so i can fastforward to the local weather, that's where i caught the saturday day game possibility. had to do with how the other series finished saying one team had preference over the blues for the prime time spot so we can't be to hard on our local guys.

Plus it's the NHL, so it all depends on which way the wind blows... :irked:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
04-28-12, 03:21 PM
CRAPNESS!!!

It is 3 pm and the Rangers game is not showing on my NYC Direct TV.

Website shows supposed to be on local NBC station, but I have a black screen. MSG is showing college softball. NBCSN is showing horse riding.

WTF:shakehead:irked:

dando
04-28-12, 08:13 PM
CRAPNESS!!!

It is 3 pm and the Rangers game is not showing on my NYC Direct TV.

Website shows supposed to be on local NBC station, but I have a black screen. MSG is showing college softball. NBCSN is showing horse riding.

WTF:shakehead:irked:

Did you call DTV to find out why?

-Kevin

Dvdb
04-28-12, 10:21 PM
Better story.

Up at the local tavern for a bit where they had the weather channel on tvs. Made what I thought was a smartass comment as people walked in for Blues game. "Worst thing that can happen right now if your satellite goes out"

Sure enough, 10 minutes before the drop, satellite goes out for 20 minutes.

LGB.............down one game

Andrew Longman
04-29-12, 12:06 AM

-KevinNaw.

I had to leave soon anyway for my daughters lax game.

They won 24-12 against their top rival. Now 13-0. Clinched their conference championship.

Ranked 4th in their state school size grouping. 15th overall.

58th nationally out of 2357.

A really great night as it was senior night too.

But NBC better get this crap sorted out before game two... Or the devils game tomorrow.

dando
04-29-12, 01:19 AM
Or the Phlyers win tomorrow.

Fixed. :gomer:

The only reason it would be black is if it were blacked out, which should show either on the screen or in the description. The only reason for that to occur would be if the game was on another NBC outlet locally since it's an NBC game (as all the playoff games are). MSG should not factor into this, nor should NBCSN. Smells like a DTV issue. I did a quickie GOOG search and couldn't find anything on it. Or it could be a PEBKAC-type issue. :p I was @ our elementary school fundraiser (forced completely inside due to craptastic weather :saywhat:), so I didn't get to see a lick of it to see if it was on our local NBC affiliate.

Now back to my two crises for the evening: figuring out a leaky ****ter (<==language filter didn't catch that, nrc), and a failing Tivo hard drive. :irked: The toilet is either leaking from the tank supply line or is a bad water supply connection. I'm thinking line to the tank since it appears to be quiet now that the supply is turned off. Grumbles....

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-29-12, 01:29 AM
Marty B. :saywhat: :irked: :cry: @ least Scott Stevens is no more.

-Kevin

hi

dando
04-29-12, 01:42 AM
hi

:finger: :gomer:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
04-29-12, 07:57 AM
Kevin... No explanation. In R1 several games (both devils and rangers) that were supposed to be on nbcsn s were blacked out so they could be seen on MSG. This was supposed to be a network deal so I don't know. I also expected some Internet chatter on it.

More importantly my daughters team moved up like thirty spots in the national rankings overnight.

Oh and with ank... Hi

dando
04-29-12, 08:48 AM
Kevin... No explanation. In R1 several games (both devils and rangers) that were supposed to be on nbcsn s were blacked out so they could be seen on MSG. This was supposed to be a network deal so I don't know. I also expected some Internet chatter on it.

More importantly my daughters team moved up like thirty spots in the national rankings overnight.

Oh and with ank... Hi

Yeah, I gathered from my quickie search last night that y'all have some funky cable/broadcast TV issues b/w Philly and NYC. :saywhat:

Congrats on the lax thing. :thumbup:

Oh and for you:

:two fingers: :gomer:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
04-29-12, 08:58 AM
Oh and for you:

:two fingers: :gomer:

-KevinHi

Ankf00
04-29-12, 12:31 PM
http://www.montrealgazette.com/6512873.bin

Andrew Longman
04-29-12, 04:11 PM

-Kevin
Update... Turns out only one of four boxes in the house was failing to get NBC. Turns out it doesn't get several channels I never watch. It is dying. direct tv tried a few things, didn't work.

Bit the bullet to order a hd DVr box to go with the nice hd tv Trevor bought for the family for christmas .

dando
04-29-12, 06:19 PM
Update... Turns out only one of four boxes in the house was failing to get NBC. Turns out it doesn't get several channels I never watch. It is dying. direct tv tried a few things, didn't work.

Bit the bullet to order a hd DVr box to go with the nice hd tv Trevor bought for the family for christmas .

Hopefully Trevdog will teach you how to use it. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

dando
04-29-12, 06:20 PM
http://www.montrealgazette.com/6512873.bin

Better:

http://weblogs.wpix.com/sports/thehuddle/devils%20lose.jpg

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-29-12, 06:23 PM
I so love when Briere scores in the playoffs. It brings such joy and bliss out of the Buffalo media. :)

Elmo T
04-29-12, 07:24 PM
Better:

-Kevin

Soccer this afternoon (Emmo scored :thumbup:) so I only caught the end of the 3rd period and OT - happily missed the 1st period.

Didn't look pretty, but we will take it.

dando
04-29-12, 07:31 PM
I so love when Briere scores in the playoffs. It brings such joy and bliss out of the Buffalo media. :)

It's safe to wear your I :heart: Danny B. T now in public. Go ahead... :D

http://www.sjmagazine.net/Assets/galleryimages/jan2012/flyers%20cover.jpg

-Kevin

dando
04-29-12, 07:48 PM
Soccer this afternoon (Emmo scored :thumbup:) so I only caught the end of the 3rd period and OT - happily missed the 1st period.

Didn't look pretty, but we will take it.

You caught about as much of it as I did due to yardening. And I didn't bother recording it with the Tivo acting up last night. :irked: From what I can gather it was another slow start and Bryz was your typical Phlyers goalie of the past 20 years. :shakehead Marty B. was decent, but not great...and some of his puck handling antics actually helped. He needs to put down the Hextall for Dummies book. :gomer: This is gonna be a good series that I expect to go 7.

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-29-12, 08:09 PM
Better:

-Kevin

you really wanna talk eastern conference final history?

cuz I got a lot of big, thick, history books...

Andrew Longman
04-29-12, 09:57 PM
Hopefully Trevdog will teach you how to use it. :gomer: :p

-KevinVery small chance. I am only motivated to learn how to find about six channels... but with HD I canget a few new new channels including Wheeler Dealers.That will be fun. :tony:

TKGAngel
04-29-12, 10:18 PM

-Kevin

Let the record show that I do not now, nor did I ever, have a Danny Briere t-shirt. If you need a Miller/Gerbe/Gaustad t-shirt, I'm your gal.

And ratings numbers (http://puckthemedia.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/nbc-has-the-most-watched-first-round-ever-on-broadcast-and-cable/) show that the averages for Round 1 cable broadcasts are the best in 11 years.

dando
04-29-12, 11:12 PM
you really wanna talk eastern conference final history?

cuz I got a lot of big, thick, history books...

Scoreboard. :p

-Kevin

Elmo T
04-30-12, 08:24 AM

-Kevin

Philly sports news Monday AM - just pick an article. Looks like "All Briere - All the Time" :rofl::saywhat:

Flyers' Briere comes up big (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/)

Other headlines on same page:

Danny the Devil Killer
Briere is a Playoff Giant
Briere Is One of the Best Playoff Scorers in NHL History

This weekend was our kids' school book fair. The only Flyer's poster with a player?: you guessed it - Danny B. ;)

dando
04-30-12, 11:59 AM
Philly sports news Monday AM - just pick an article. Looks like "All Briere - All the Time" :rofl::saywhat:

Flyers' Briere comes up big (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/)

Other headlines on same page:

Danny the Devil Killer
Briere is a Playoff Giant
Briere Is One of the Best Playoff Scorers in NHL History

This weekend was our kids' school book fair. The only Flyer's poster with a player?: you guessed it - Danny B. ;)

And the boos commence in 3, 2, 1...after he turns the puck over tomorrow night. I can only imagine what they were writing (or righting as Andrew would say :gomer:) about him earlier this season. :shakehead

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
04-30-12, 12:11 PM
And the boos commence in 3, 2, 1...after he turns the puck over tomorrow night. I can only imagine what they were writing (or righting as Andrew would say :gomer:) about him earlier this season. :shakehead

-KevinYou are talking about Philly fans. They can't write (busy making mummer outfits). They pay others to do it for them (badly). :gomer:

dando
04-30-12, 12:58 PM
You are talking about Philly fans. They can't write (busy making mummer outfits). They pay others to do it for them (badly). :gomer:

Hey now...the Philly Inquirer. Best paper in NJ. :p

-Kevin

Elmo T
04-30-12, 02:37 PM
Hey now...the Philly Inquirer. Best paper in NJ. :p

-Kevin

No - that is the Trentonian. They have the finest Page 6 girls that Bordentown, Hamilton, Cherry Hill, and Edison have to offer. :gomer:

Andrew Longman
04-30-12, 05:22 PM
No - that is the Trentonian. They have the finest Page 6 girls that Bordentown, Hamilton, Cherry Hill, and Edison have to offer. :gomer::rofl:

All so true.

Tony Soprano and I read the Newark Star Ledger. ;)

In the Inquirer is a pretty good paper actually.

dando
05-01-12, 10:07 AM
Blues. Ouch. :( I guess that's why they call them the Blues....

To further the CBJ hexation...if the Kings make the conference semis, the CBJs 1st round pick they acquired from the Kings for Jeff (insert expletive here) Carter goes from 17 to 27. Srsly....this franchise has more misfortune than the Cubs. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

TKGAngel
05-01-12, 12:26 PM
Blues. Ouch. :( I guess that's why they call them the Blues....

To further the CBJ hexation...if the Kings make the conference semis, the CBJs 1st round pick they acquired from the Kings for Jeff (insert expletive here) Carter goes from 17 to 27. Srsly....this franchise has more misfortune than the Cubs. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

That's the same boat the Sabres are in. The further Nashville advances in the playoffs means the first round pick the Sabres received for Gaustad drops like a rock.

And speaking of Nashville, the team suspended Radulov & Kostitsyn for violating team rules. (A "source" says they took a swim off Dry Island.) Isn't it great that violating team rules gets you a game ban, but smashing a guy's head into the glass gets you nothing?

dando
05-01-12, 12:36 PM
but smashing a guy's head into the glass gets you nothing?

Actually he gets a bonus for not smashing his hand into the glass. :gomer: On Mike & Mike this AM they did That's Amare to the tune of That's Amore. :rofl:

-Kevin

dando
05-01-12, 09:52 PM
Phlyers playing like a bunch of pylons tonight. :shakehead And here I thought the Darien Hatcher days were over. :saywhat::irked:

-Kevin

Elmo T
05-01-12, 10:10 PM
Just got home from teaching a class this evening - guess I can wipe the DVR. :rolleyes::thumdown:

Ankf00
05-01-12, 10:15 PM
Scoreboard. :p

-Kevin

Que paso, chingon?

dando
05-01-12, 10:38 PM
Just got home from teaching a class this evening - guess I can wipe the DVR. :rolleyes::thumdown:

I just caught the end of the 2nd and most of the 3rd. The 3rd period was played in the Phlyers end. End of story. They spent the period chasing the puck around in their end. No jump, no forecheck, nada. Pathetic. If NJD had any sort of O, it would have been like the 10-3 beating they took against the Pens, but Bryz actually played decently this time around. NJD 35-20 on shots and 32-24 on hits speaks for itself.

-Kevin

dando
05-01-12, 10:40 PM
Que paso, chingon?

Got what they deserved. Play like crap, lose to a crap team. :gomer: :p

-Kevin