PDA

View Full Version : Zimmerman Out Of Control

NismoZ
04-10-12, 05:32 PM
Geez, talk about free speech and whether or not it's SMART to exercise it? Kill a guy, get a lawyer then set up a web site, solicit defense money, talk a LOT to the media, go against the advice his own lawyers...and hope for a GOOD outcome? Good luck with that! He has the RIGHT to do all those things, in this case, but not the good judgement. Same with Oz.

As mentioned earlier...people get disciplined or fired every day for speaking their mind. Not as many go to jail for it. What about the teacher who had her kids wear hoodies to school in support of Trayvon? Fired! She encouraged kids to break a school rule. I'm certain wearing hoods up in school COULD be considered symbolic free speech, but any judge has to consider a balance between the kids' free speech rights and the school administrators right and duty to provide a safe and functional educational environment, which I assume includes carrying out school rules. It can be a tough call. My guess is she didn't run her "lesson plan" past the boss OR even put it in writing before sending it into action? Did it even get that far? I for one hope she is allowed one of those "teachable" moments by the admin. and can think of a more appropriate time and place for a modified demonstration of support for Trayvon...and certainly use the case to further her student's understanding of criminal law and when their own "free speech" rights may be restricted.