PDA

View Full Version : WRC Vodafone Rally de Portugal

nrc
03-30-12, 03:24 AM
With no sign of delayed TV coverage yet I'm following the rally this weekend on their web site. Already big news in the Thursday night sessions.

Spoilers ahead.

Seb Loeb heavily off in the third stage and will not restart. Everyone ok.

Trevor Longman
03-30-12, 04:11 AM
I follow every rally on the website and then hope to find some coverage after the fact on youtube or something. Loeb's retirement could come back to haunt him in a big way at the end of the season, especially if the Ford duo can avoid their usual punctures and bring home the win. Its a shame that the WRC media package is such a mess, the series has a lot going for it but no one can see it even in Europe, let alone the US. Hopefully they can get their acts together later this year or at the very least for the beginning of next season.

GO PETTER!! :thumbup:

nrc
03-30-12, 08:56 AM
And Latvila screws up again. It would be great to see Petter win. Looks like this one may be about keeping it on the road.

Ugh. And five minutes later..

Trevor Longman
03-30-12, 02:46 PM
It's really tough to be a Ford fan sometimes. It seems every time they have a potential win fall into their laps they find some way to screw it up. I have to stop getting my hopes up. Now I guess I have to hope for Mikko to hit trouble so it doesn't completely mess up the standings. He could potentially walk away from this with a big points lead.

nrc
03-30-12, 08:41 PM
Yeah, right? If Hirvonen were still driving a Fiesta he'd have ended up in a ditch for sure. :/

Methanolandbrats
03-30-12, 09:03 PM
Why isn't this stuff on TeeVee in the USA? Must be nobody GAF and they cannot sell ad time. Has to be more to it than Cabism. :mad:

nrc
04-02-12, 04:02 AM
Har. Hirvonen excluded for an unapproved clutch and wonky turbo. Championship remains close.

Trevor Longman
04-02-12, 04:32 AM
Solberg ends up on the podium and now he's only 4 points behind Loeb! It's unfortunate for Mikko he drove a great rally but I actually prefer the final results to the results of a few hours ago. Oh and that kid Mads Ostberg has a bright future. He has a lot of talent and if Latvala keeps up his "1st to the finish or 1st off the road" approach to rallying he may well lose his seat to Ostberg.

nrc
04-02-12, 02:40 PM
Definitely keeps things interesting. I wonder if they'd have found the problem if it were Loeb.

Trevor Longman
04-02-12, 02:50 PM
Interesting question. Loeb probably also had the same illegal clutch and turbo as Hirvonen but he didn't have to go through tech inspection.

Leadfoote
04-18-12, 09:02 PM
I follow every rally on the website and then hope to find some coverage after the fact on youtube or something.

GO PETTER!! :thumbup:

I do the same Trevor

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL76F421421196468E&feature=plcp

Go Petter GOOOO!!!:thumbup:

extramundane
04-25-12, 12:03 PM
WRC back on Speed (http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/speed-signs-deal-with-2012-world-rally-championship-series)

SPEED and SPEED2 will offer coverage of the 2012 World Rally Championship Series beginning this weekend with same-day delay programming from Rally Argentina on Sunday at 11 p.m. ET, and a replay Monday morning at 7 a.m. ET.

In addition, SPEED2 -- SPEED’s authenticated broadband network -- will offer WRC fans a chance to catch up on the first four events of the season, while additionally offering 30-minute highlight packages from each day of competition moving forward.

Better than nothing, I s'pose.