PDA

View Full Version : A good race this weekend, live and in HD

cameraman
03-29-12, 02:33 PM
The Tour of Flanders will be live on the NBC Sports Network (ex-Versus) starting at 8:30 am eastern.

Tifosi24
03-30-12, 08:33 AM
The Tour of Flanders will be live on the NBC Sports Network (ex-Versus) starting at 8:30 am eastern.

I will be traveling on Sunday, but might get to see some of it. I am excited about live coverage of Paris-Roubaix the following Sunday. Boonen is in good form right now, hopefully he will lay off the smack this season.

cameraman
03-30-12, 11:22 AM
He just needs to not crash. Quite a few big names have crashed hard so far this year:eek:

TrueBrit
03-30-12, 02:05 PM
I am LOVING the amount of cycling that Versus/NBC Sports Network is broadcasting this year...simply AWESOME!!

cameraman
04-01-12, 06:27 AM
There are close to 1 million people lining the race course for the Tour of Flanders:eek: That is very close to 1/10th the population of Belgium:eek::eek:

cameraman
04-01-12, 07:52 AM
Watching live coverage on Dutch? tv in front of the US live coverage of the last half of the race. I do not understand why there is sooo much material that gets broadcast in Europe that is totally ignored in the US:shakehead

Like track cycling. The UCI Track Cycling World Championship is next week. Can you see it in the US? Hell no.

cameraman
04-01-12, 08:19 AM
It will be a miracle if they complete this race without a team car taking out a spectator:eek: There have been numerous cases of the cars missing people by about half an inch:saywhat:

opinionated ow
04-01-12, 10:20 AM
Watching live coverage on Dutch? tv in front of the US live coverage of the last half of the race. I do not understand why there is sooo much material that gets broadcast in Europe that is totally ignored in the US:shakehead

Like track cycling. The UCI Track Cycling World Championship is next week. Can you see it in the US? Hell no.

We've gone from nothing to amazing quantity now. SBS (free to air tv) is showing Tour of Flanders tonight, Paris-Roubaix, Liege-Bastone-Liege, Tour of California, Critierium du Dauphine, 8 full stages of Girro d'Italia, le Tour de France and the full world track championships live!

cameraman
04-01-12, 01:18 PM
A triple fracture of the collarbone for Fabian Cancellara. Ouch.
And Sebastian Langeveld of GreenEdge also broke his collarbone when he collided with a spectator.

and Levi Leipheimer was hit by a car on a training ride today and will not start Vuelta Ciclista al Pais Vasco tomorrow. No major injuries, just lucky to be alive.

Turns out Cancellara's collarbone was fractured in four places. The bone pretty much just shattered...

cameraman
04-03-12, 12:20 PM
Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow....

Before surgery

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii35/Cynops/broken.jpg

After surgery

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii35/Cynops/fixed.jpg

and less than 24 hours after that surgery he tapes this

4R4F2u4huXc

The dude isn't human

opinionated ow
04-04-12, 06:49 AM
UCI Track Worlds in Melbourne this week...Team Pursuit was bloody awesome!

cameraman
04-04-12, 09:40 AM
I live in the USA, we aren't able to watch it.:flame:

Tifosi24
04-04-12, 10:48 AM
I figured Cancellara was not human a few years back when he managed to close a 200 meter gap to the breakaway in 700 meters, while outrunning the peleton, to win the 2008 Milan-San Remo.

cameraman
04-05-12, 04:12 PM
Quick-Step Cycling Team announces that Levi Leipheimer was diagnosed to have a fibula fracture on his left leg due to the accident that occurred the day before the start of Pais Vasco, in which he was hit from behind by a car.

The x-rays examination confirmed the fracture. At the moment surgery is not necessary. However, the recovery of the rider depends on the evolution of the clinical situation.

Leipheimer has to respect a period of absolute rest of two weeks. More information on the time of his recovery will be released after this period.