PDA

View Full Version : Malaise-ya

WickerBill
03-23-12, 05:19 AM
Practice 2, it is McLaren, Mercedes, McLaren, Mercedes, Toro Rosso, Ferrari, then the first Red Bull. Interesting...

NismoZ
03-23-12, 11:07 AM
MY interest is very slow in developing this season.

cameraman
03-23-12, 12:15 PM
Many comments on how the tires drop off drastically from a wide range of drivers. Most drivers predict a higher than usual number of pit stops. Hamilton is the fastest, Button takes care of tires far better during a race.

Unless it rains...

Methanolandbrats
03-23-12, 12:52 PM
I like the changes, a lot of aero grip is gone and mechanical grip, especially at the rear is more important which leads to shredded tars.

Rogue Leader
03-23-12, 01:38 PM
Many comments on how the tires drop off drastically from a wide range of drivers. Most drivers predict a higher than usual number of pit stops. Hamilton is the fastest, Button takes care of tires far better during a race.

Unless it rains...

Then Button just shellacs everyone.....

cameraman
03-23-12, 02:18 PM
Perhaps but the Chin is very good in the wet too and his car doesn't utterly suck this year.

cameraman
03-23-12, 03:39 PM
Kimi lost his gearbox and will get a five grid spot penalty.

cameraman
03-23-12, 10:59 PM
It gets even better for Team Lotus. Their hospitality suite was burned out last night...

http://pic.twitter.com/imqQlF9b

Only real damage was to marketing materials.

stroker
03-24-12, 11:20 AM
This might be the year to do some serious trash-talking to the Tifosi.

trish
03-25-12, 07:15 AM
Why is the broadcast still on? Did something happen to delay the race?

emjaya
03-25-12, 07:33 AM
Why is the broadcast still on? Did something happen to delay the race?

Red flag after 9 laps for heavy rain. They resumed after about an hours delay.

trish
03-25-12, 07:51 AM
Red flag after 9 laps for heavy rain. They resumed after about an hours delay.

Thank you. I meant to record it but couldn't find the remote. :o

opinionated ow
03-25-12, 10:50 AM
a great race ruined by the idiotic drs.

WickerBill
03-25-12, 03:40 PM
a great race ruined by the idiotic drs.

How do you figure that? Did DRS puncture Vettel's tire or make it rain harder?

opinionated ow
03-25-12, 06:54 PM
How do you figure that? Did DRS puncture Vettel's tire or make it rain harder?

Passing was way too easy. If somebody got the DRS open there was no way of defending your position. But of course that is the sort of artificial overtaking the FIndyA want.

WickerBill
03-25-12, 07:19 PM
Meh. Faster cars pass slower cars. In truly contrived racing like VegasIRL, they pass back and forth on a whim. If DRS were actually allowing a slower car to pass a faster one, I'd agree with you. I feel like it is just keeping guys from driving like Scott Pruett out there.

Insomniac
03-25-12, 07:20 PM
Passing was way too easy. If somebody got the DRS open there was no way of defending your position. But of course that is the sort of artificial overtaking the FIndyA want.

Aside from Rosberg, it didn't seem that easy to pass with DRS. Besides, it basically enhances the slip stream. Still have to be close. It's not that bad.

cameraman
03-25-12, 07:23 PM
Rosberg was so slow that many of the passes on him were outside the DRS zone. Looks like the Merc needs some serious work before it will function with anything other than brand new tires.

WickerBill
03-25-12, 07:24 PM
My POV:

- the cries last year that Vettel wouldn't succeed if he weren't in front all the time look somewhat true so far.

- good work Kartha. :irked:

- Massa is terrible.

- Perez isn't.

- Not sure how Hamilton passed Button when stopping a lap later. Did Button have a slide wide or something?

- Bob Varsha is terrible. Can't wait for Leigh Diffey.