PDA

View Full Version : A Great Article For Champ Car Fans

Jag_Warrior
06-22-03, 11:46 PM
This is what I'd like to read more of:

Core Men Of Passion (http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/jerry_boone/index.ssf?/base/sports/1056110872297610.xml)

Lizzerd
06-23-03, 12:08 AM
Thanks, Jag. That is indeed a good read. Much of the same stuff could be said for the fans that remain. That would be us.

Hink
06-23-03, 12:11 AM
Portland is pround of their race at the end of the Rose Festival. It's good to see it.

Eagle104
06-23-03, 12:20 AM
Very good..thanks, Jag.

And thanks to The Oregonian's, Jerry Boone. :thumbup: Great job on this and his other stories/rpts, too.

Too bad this particular feature isn't picked up by AP or whoever, and widely distributed.

DaveL
06-23-03, 12:48 AM
The biggest difference this year is that you don't a have a Fifth Column in the CART paddock anymore. Those ingrates (whom I will not dignify by naming) had a huge negative effect on the series. It's awfully hard to have a successful series when you have a cadre of people working to undermind what the series is trying to do.

oddlycalm
06-23-03, 05:48 AM
Boone does a pretty good job, but from a reporting standpoint and also behind the scenes stories along with a bit of cheerleading. We can't complain considering what some cities get.

Portland and CART are both committed to this event, and I hope it continues.

oc

RTKar
06-23-03, 07:47 AM
oddlycalm hit a great point...committment to the event. That's what's needed in this day and age when entertainment dollars and television viewers are spread in so many ways. Each race has to become an event, no longer is simply opening the doors good enough. alliances with the host communities and the organizers is a must, no matter what type of circuit is being run.

RaceChic
06-23-03, 07:53 AM
Quote:
"The racing has been close this year, the drivers are excited to be here, and I keep hearing talk about teams that left, now wanting to come back next year," said Alex Tagliani, who drives for Paul Gentilozzi's new Johnson Controls-sponsored team.
:D :D :D :D

Thanks for the article. It makes me feel proud.
It sounds ironically like a "vision" doesn't it? :laugh: