PDA

View Full Version : Australia! Australia! Australia! We love you! Amen

BarillaGirl
03-15-12, 09:38 PM
No message, just queued up everything on the DVR and wanted to start a thread. :gomer:

stroker
03-15-12, 09:47 PM
No message, just queued up everything on the DVR and wanted to start a thread. :gomer:

Good enough reason for this place, Sheila!

Crack Tube!

Methanolandbrats
03-16-12, 09:58 AM
The Red Barron up front, seems like the good ol' days :D

TrueBrit
03-16-12, 02:12 PM
The Red Barron up front, seems like the good ol' days :D

Dirty, cheating, chopping, pointy-chinned bastard...

Methanolandbrats
03-16-12, 03:30 PM
Dirty, cheating, chopping, pointy-chinned bastard...

Cast, reel, set hook :laugh:

TrueBrit
03-16-12, 04:44 PM

:rofl::D:laugh:

NismoZ
03-16-12, 04:51 PM
I remember R&T pics of Jack Brabham in the F-1 pit lane, walking all hunched over with a long (fake) beard and a cane...I think he was 38! Schumi must be at least 40+ now, right? Who was the oldest F-1 champ? Fangio?

Don Quixote
03-16-12, 05:02 PM

Like shooting fish in a barrel! :D

Methanolandbrats
03-16-12, 11:48 PM
Watching streaming, this is gonna be a grate season. :thumbup: :thumbup:

BarillaGirl
03-17-12, 01:30 PM
Awwwwwwwww poor Fred. Can I watch that clip one more time?

Hey folks, I think I will be making F1 2012 Speed Channel bingo cards. Should I post them when I get them worked out?

Easy
03-17-12, 03:31 PM
3 drivers with a combined 11 WDCs and 139 GP wins all making a novice driving school mistake at the same place? :eek:

cameraman
03-17-12, 04:35 PM
HRT has been sent home. The stewards refused to let them race tomorrow.

NismoZ
03-17-12, 04:41 PM
Cool, what did they do?:)

cameraman
03-17-12, 04:43 PM
Drove too slow.

dirtyboy
03-17-12, 05:32 PM
Having not watched racing much in the past few years I just looked at the qualifying results and I don't recognize half the drivers or a quarter of the teams. WTF?

High Sided
03-17-12, 05:56 PM
can't wait to wake up, roll over, turn on the tube and watch the first race of the season. loving red bull not on top. looking to be a spectacular start...

Pos No Driver Team
1 4 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
2 3 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes
3 10 Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault
4 7 Michael Schumacher Mercedes
5 2 Mark Webber Red Bull Racing-Renault
6 1 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Racing-Renault
7 8 Nico Rosberg Mercedes
8 18 Pastor Maldonado Williams-Renault
9 12 Nico Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes
10 16 Daniel Ricciardo STR-Ferrari
11 17 Jean-Eric Vergne STR-Ferrari
12 5 Fernando Alonso Ferrari
13 14 Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari
14 19 Bruno Senna Williams-Renault
15 11 Paul Di Resta Force India-Mercedes
16 6 Felipe Massa Ferrari
17 15 Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari
18 9 Kimi Raikkonen Lotus-Renault
19 20 Heikki Kovalainen Caterham-Renault
20 21 Vitaly Petrov Caterham-Renault
21 24 Timo Glock Marussia-Cosworth
22 25 Charles Pic Marussia-Cosworth
DNQ 22 Pedro de la Rosa HRT-Cosworth
DNQ 23 Narain Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth

BarillaGirl
03-17-12, 10:28 PM
I went ahead and made three different bingo cards for the season. Post if you win!

By the way, my seven year old looked at the picture of Bernie Ecclestone on one of the cards and literally jumped back. "What happened to HIM???" I got to say, "Nothing, he just looks like that."

cameraman
03-18-12, 01:31 AM
The GoJo??? I wonder how many time that commercial is going to run tonight....

emjaya
03-18-12, 07:31 AM
I went ahead and made three different bingo cards for the season. Post if you win!

By the way, my seven year old looked at the picture of Bernie Ecclestone on one of the cards and literally jumped back. "What happened to HIM???" I got to say, "Nothing, he just looks like that."

I was thinking how glad I was not to get your commentary, until I heard the crap that Sky TV and my local broadcaster threw up.

Sky have replaced David Coulthard with an idiot who just yells the whole race long.

BarillaGirl
03-18-12, 11:59 AM
Our local results: James won the bingo with 9 boxes filled in on card A, with cards B and C tied with 8 boxes each. I wrote down a LOT more possibilities for future cards. Nobody got a whole row or column filled, though. On to Malaysia!

BarillaGirl
03-18-12, 12:01 PM
Sky have replaced David Coulthard with an idiot who just yells the whole race long.

What, they've hired Jeremy Clarkson? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kiwifan
03-18-12, 03:27 PM
We have Ben Edwards (ex CART days with Jeremy Shaw on ESPN) and David here on SKYTV NZ.

I used to like Lewis but the more I see him pouting after a race where he didn't win.... :shakehead

WickerBill
03-18-12, 04:16 PM
Button was awesome. If you can have starts/restarts like that and still be "Button-good" to your tires, he won't be an easy one to deal with this season.

Hamilton needs to be 5/10ths faster than Button at the beginning of a run due to the fact he can't keep his tires as well as his teammate.

Vettel going 6th to 2nd was more about the other cars than about him, I felt.

Mercedes is gonna win this year.

But if results were based on car beauty, McLaren would win every pole and every race. And over half the cars would DNF.

Webber - bad start. SHOCK

Massa hasn't been the same since the big one. I struggle to believe he would beat more than three other F1 drivers if paired with them on a team.

Fun start.

chop456
03-18-12, 04:22 PM
^ I'll have to disagree with... uhh..

Hard Driver
03-18-12, 04:49 PM
Looks like it is going to be an interesting season.

Button was Vettel good.

stroker
03-18-12, 05:11 PM
I want to know what Rosberg did at the lights. He blew past everybody like he'd had a head start.

I'm in for a tough season in Fantasy F1. My brother (the only other player) has both McLarens and Vettel. Gonna be a long, long, season...

datachicane
03-18-12, 09:23 PM

My 12 yr old daughter and brother had a blast with those. Thanks for sharing them!

Rogue Leader
03-18-12, 11:34 PM

Vettel going 6th to 2nd was more about the other cars than about him, I felt.

I agree, I saw him do nothing special today other than keep his nose clean and be in the right place at the right time. That kind of luck can win some but not a lot.

opinionated ow
03-19-12, 02:06 AM
I agree, I saw him do nothing special today other than keep his nose clean and be in the right place at the right time. That kind of luck can win some but not a lot.

Did you not see the amazing move by Vettel around the outside of Rosberg?!?

cameraman
03-19-12, 05:25 AM
Vettel was the second fastest car on the track. I can't see how anyone can criticize his drive as it was mostly excellent, give or take one wide corner. He had nothing for Button who just drove away from him but Hamilton couldn't touch him, the Mercedes were over-hyped, Ferrari is a joke and Maldonado made sure that Grosjean wasn't around:shakehead

WickerBill
03-19-12, 05:43 AM
Did you not see the amazing move by Vettel around the outside of Rosberg?!?

Ah yes, that was brilliant. But he shouldn't have been behind him to start with. H passed Webber because Webber sucks at standing starts, Schu because he broke, Hamilton because of pit stop strategy, and legitimately got Grosjean.