PDA

View Full Version : Brackets

Dvdb
03-11-12, 09:32 PM
Anyone have an interest in doing an offcamber bracket contest?

maybe something on poolhost.com?

TravelGal
03-11-12, 10:20 PM
Jessguessin is IN. If I won't ruin the results that is. There is SOME hope because TravelGuy knows this stuff and his advice will be sought.

dando
03-11-12, 10:23 PM
I'll bite. I always enjoy showing Windmill Guy who daddy is. :gomer: :D Of course he may have fallen off a cliff or gotten lost researching why they call it the Mile High City. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Dvdb
03-12-12, 10:37 AM
poolhost.com

Pool login name: offcamber

password: pchall

Good luck

TravelGal
03-12-12, 02:22 PM
I'm in. When I can steal (I mean see) what the rest of youse picked?

Insomniac
03-13-12, 02:03 PM
I registered, but a heads up to people that you don't have to pick the play-in games, so you may want to wait to make your picks.

TravelGal
03-13-12, 08:25 PM
Our local radio dude made a public service announcement: revise Syracuse.

dando
03-14-12, 12:35 AM
The winning bracket has been submitted. Move along now. :gomer: Two amazing comebacks tonight. :eek:

-Kevin

Dvdb
03-14-12, 11:11 AM
TravelGal, if the football pools on poolhost are any indication, you can look at everyone's picks at the tipoff of the first game.

I'm guessing that is when the smacktalk will begin, too.

TravelGal
03-14-12, 12:37 PM
Thanks Dvdb but seeing as how as Ah'm "Jess Guessin' " Ah decided it don't make me no nevermind. I picked em all. Some lollapalooza upsets. By the time I got to my Final Four, I couldn't imagine how that happened. :D

Dvdb
03-14-12, 10:25 PM
Bump

12 hours or so to register and make your picks

cameraman
03-14-12, 11:09 PM
I'm in. Now we have a random control in the mix;)

Dvdb
03-15-12, 03:08 PM
FYI, if you click on standings, on the next page you can see everyone's picks by clicking on their names.

Don Quixote
03-16-12, 08:42 AM
1. knight_of_dulcinea 14
2. JoeBobX 13
3. Dvdb 13
4. Cameraman 13
5. dando 12
6. Insomniac 11
7. Jessguessin 11

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/smoke/pimp.gif

Insomniac
03-16-12, 09:22 AM
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/smoke/pimp.gif

<excuse>Computer algorithm needs improvement and/or human interaction.</excuse>

TravelGal
03-16-12, 11:48 AM
<excuse>Computer algorithm needs improvement and/or human interaction.</excuse>

I like this. :)

<excuse> Mine were done in 3 minutes just before I left to take TravelGuy for surgery and/or that idiot I listened to on 1090 Sports Radio who said Wichita State was going to WIN THE WHOLE THING.</excuse> TravelGuy fared better than my picks, which is more important, of course.

BTW, thanks to Dvdb and the the folks who organize these Off Camber things. I've never done them before the football pool and realize now (duh) that it really does invest one in the outcome of each contest. Since I'm watching them anyway with TravelGuy, it's more fun to actually CARE who wins. :D

Don Quixote
03-16-12, 01:33 PM
Tejas scored 17 points in the first half against the Cincinnati Juggalos. Git-r-done horns!!!!!

Don Quixote
03-16-12, 02:58 PM
Longhorns surprisingly make it close but go cold at the end.
NCSt puts it to San Diego State.

Gnam
03-16-12, 03:46 PM
Bears do not play basketball.

I haven't watched a game since Cal got stomped by South Florida on Wednesday, but I'll watch the Temple/S Florida game tonight and root for Temple.

Go Owls?

TKGAngel
03-16-12, 05:12 PM
So close, Bonas. So close.:(

Don Quixote
03-16-12, 06:55 PM
OK, I now hate Missouri. They just shot my bracket to hell. I picked those slackers to make it to the final 4. I hope they go to the SEC and lose every game in every sport and get demoted to Div III. I hope they get the death penalty for all sports.

WickerBill
03-16-12, 06:58 PM
LOL. You deserve the SEC.

TravelGal
03-16-12, 07:04 PM
They didn't do my bracket any good either. At least I picked them to flame out sooner than most did, however.

Dvdb
03-16-12, 07:48 PM
M-I-Z Z-Oh-CRAAAP

cameraman
03-16-12, 07:58 PM
At least I had Missouri losing in the 8 round.

EDwardo
03-16-12, 08:04 PM
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh
wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhh
College basketball over.

On to F1 and baseball.

Sincerely
Tigers fan.

TravelGal
03-16-12, 09:01 PM
Well, KEEE-RAP. So long Memphis.

dando
03-16-12, 09:39 PM
:eek: just :eek:

It's 9:39 and TSUN + Duke still suck. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
03-16-12, 09:48 PM
1. knight_of_dulcinea 21
2. dando 19
3. Cameraman 19
4. JoeBobX 18
5. Jessguessin 18
6. Dvdb 17
7. Insomniac 16 http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/smoke/pimp.gif

:tony:

TravelGal
03-16-12, 09:49 PM
Well, KEEE-RAP. So long Memphis.

And Duke. And St. Mary's.

:yuck:

dando
03-16-12, 10:16 PM
Note to Brady Hoke & Beilein: OHIO. :wave: :finger: :gomer: :D

-Kevin

dando
03-16-12, 10:18 PM
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/smoke/pimp.gif <== what's dude tokin'? :gomer:

How's them couches doin' in Boul...I mean Fort C? :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Don Quixote
03-16-12, 11:04 PM
How's them couches doin' in Boul...I mean Fort C? :gomer: :p

-KevinI hope there's riots in Athens tonight! :D

dando
03-16-12, 11:20 PM
I hope there's riots in Athens tonight! :D

We drove by Athens today on the way down south. It seemed like the calm before the storm. :D :thumbup:

-Kevin

cameraman
03-16-12, 11:45 PM
Sucks to be me with Duke & Michigan gone...

dando
03-17-12, 12:15 AM
USP > Temple....saw that one coming. :thumbup: And no, I wasn't picking Cal like the talking morons on E$PN. :laugh: :shakehead

-Kevin

Insomniac
03-17-12, 01:24 AM
We were all destroyed today. Everyone lost 1 of thier final 4 teams (and TravelGal 2) and 3 of us lost the champ.

TravelGal
03-17-12, 01:25 AM

Don't feel bad. TOO bad. You're further up than I am now and your possible points are still higher than mine.

Did Notre Dame got robbed? Lane violation? Explain please. They moved when the ball was in the air, or so it looked to me.

TravelGal
03-17-12, 01:26 AM
We were all destroyed today. Everyone lost 1 of thier final 4 teams (and TravelGal 2) and 3 of us lost the champ.

You could have gone all night without pointing that out. :laugh:

dando
03-17-12, 08:07 AM
Don't feel bad. TOO bad. You're further up than I am now and your possible points are still higher than mine.

Did Notre Dame got robbed? Lane violation? Explain please. They moved when the ball was in the air, or so it looked to me.

From local hack (or tOSU h8r as DQ would describe him):

Bruce Hooley ‏ @BHOOLZ Reply Retweet Favorite ยท Open
If rule is you can't run inside 3p line til FT shooter releases ball, ND got hosed in big way.

So, yes, they got hosed, but they also played stupidly @ the end (bad pass, dumb 3 pt. attempt, intentional foul). Luck o' the Irish. :laugh:

-Kevin

Dvdb
03-17-12, 08:57 AM
I've heard two variations on the lane violation rule. One is the "trailer" can't enter the lane until the ball has left the shooter's hand, or can't leave until the ball hits the net/rim/backboard.

Either way, seemed a pretty ticky tack call with the game(s) on the line.

I get the sense people are enjoying our little bracket competition.

Ok, AB's corned beef is in and today's games start in a few hours. Looks like a good St. Patrick's Day.

TravelGal
03-17-12, 01:02 PM
So, yes, they got hosed, but they also played stupidly @ the end (bad pass, dumb 3 pt. attempt, intentional foul). Luck o' the Irish. :laugh:

-Kevin

Dando: I agree. I just wanted to know. It was so poor all throughout that we turned it off and watched something else. The last play was enough to make you want to ... oh. we don't have the barfy smilie.

I've heard two variations on the lane violation rule. One is the "trailer" can't enter the lane until the ball has left the shooter's hand, or can't leave until the ball hits the net/rim/backboard.

I get the sense people are enjoying our little bracket competition.

Ok, AB's corned beef is in and today's games start in a few hours. Looks like a good St. Patrick's Day.

Dvdb: the latter seems to be what they called. And, yes, when the refs become the game, it's time to remove them.

We're loving the bracket. TravelGuy is now more interested than I am! He made me make a list of teams we have to root for today. :laugh: He's looking for a comeback for team Jessguessin. LOL LOL.

TravelGal
03-17-12, 05:01 PM

So shall we lead the charge to the "Sweet Sixteen" pool? :rolleyes:

Guess not. I see you're working your way back.

dando
03-18-12, 10:26 AM

It appeared that the ref motioned towards the player in the lane and not the guy outside the key. Which made it even more BS to me. :confused: Yet there was no discussion in the media like the end of the 'cuse/UNC-A game. :saywhat: Perhaps Boeheim's pompous post-game comments helped fuel the fire on that. Prick. :irked: In any case, ND got what they deserved in the end after throwing the ball away and then chucking the unnecessary 3 with 11 seconds to go and time on the shot clock. Smelled every bit like the end of the ND/USF Big East tourney game where neither team seemed to want to win the game @ the end with lots of turnovers and other assorted mistakes. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory....

In other news, the Bucks are dancing in the Sweet Sixteen for the third straight year. :thumbup: It's gonna pain me, but I'll be rooting for Bucky against 'cuse on Thursday. KY/IU rematch...KY is gonna maul IU this time around. Can I root for a tie? Both Crean and Cali are dirtbags. :irked:

-Kevin

dando
03-18-12, 10:49 PM
IF Purdue can somehow manage to hang on, the midwest will have a 13, 11 and 10 seed to go with #1 seed UNC with a PG with a broken wrist (in addition to Henson with his bad wrist). :eek:

-Kevin

TravelGal
03-19-12, 12:18 AM
Oh well. Better luck to me next year. Some were actual mistakes, given my state of mind at the time I was making the selections, and some were simply real big surprises. Congrats to the guys who did so well in RD2. You guys rock!

cameraman
03-25-12, 11:25 PM
poof

WickerBill
04-03-12, 09:52 AM
So, Kentucky. John Calipari is a national championship-winning coach.

At least they beat Indiana.

TravelGal
04-05-12, 01:44 AM
At least I got Kentucky right, on a different pool. Nothing else though.