PDA

View Full Version : Manning only 10 points behind Bourdais

RaceGrrl
06-22-03, 11:36 PM
Darren Manning may not have been as hot out of the box as Bourdais was at the start of this season, but he's been finishing consistently well. He also seems calmer under pressure than Bourdais. If Manning was driving a Lola instead of making do with a Reynard, he could likely be 10 points up on Bourdais, not 10 points behind him. I look forward to watching him win his first race and would like to see him take Rookie of the Year.

devilmaster
06-22-03, 11:38 PM
Definitely. Manning in a Lola would make the points battle that much better.

Steve

Hink
06-23-03, 12:16 AM
Manning is quite good. He took the Japanese F3 title and the Macau win in 1999. I wanted to see him get the BAR ride when Zonta got chased out but it's just as well he didn't get it.

RaceChic
06-23-03, 08:16 AM
I agree, but I personally vote for Bourdais. Every time I see him it reminds me of Greg Moore in so many ways. I think once he starts to keep it together in the good and bad situations, not just when everything goes well, he will be someone to contend with big time on the track. :)

Kate
06-24-03, 08:56 PM
Bourdais is fast but that is all; he folds under pressure. Manning has a personality and is cool under pressure and he's not half bad looking. I predict he'll be around a lot longer than Bourdais.

RaceChic
06-24-03, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Kate
Bourdais is fast but that is all; he folds under pressure. Manning has a personality and is cool under pressure and he's not half bad looking. I predict he'll be around a lot longer than Bourdais.

I just think he suffers from the rookie syndrome of trying too hard and not giving himself the time to grow. But what do I know.

Dr. Corkski
06-24-03, 09:18 PM
Bourdais would be much farther ahead if his car didn't break every other race. Back in F3000 Bourdais pretty much smoked Manning, even though Manning should have been far superior because of his "non-American good looks".

mello
06-24-03, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
Darren Manning may not have been as hot out of the box as Bourdais was at the start of this season, but he's been finishing consistently well. He also seems calmer under pressure than Bourdais. If Manning was driving a Lola instead of making do with a Reynard, he could likely be 10 points up on Bourdais, not 10 points behind him. I look forward to watching him win his first race and would like to see him take Rookie of the Year.

What she said!!!

trubritz
06-24-03, 09:51 PM
Methinks Darren has the bit between his teeth now. SB had such high expectations to live up to, whereas Darren snuck in under the radar so to speak.

Of course, being English can't hurt either!!