PDA

View Full Version : 2012 race plans.. Fill in the blanks...

manic mechanic
03-06-12, 03:03 AM
Let;s face it folks... One of the reasons this community endeared itself to me is the true love of racing at it's finest.
Many of us have seen disciplines that younger generations can only see film of (after digital conversion, of course... How else would they get the (min)1080p they have become accustomed to??), and I'm interested to know what series/venues you will attend over the coming year.

No shame/grief given (with a proper explanation), OK?

I'll start it off:

2/10 NHRA at Pomona
3/23-25 NASCAR at Fontucky (season tickets)
4/13-14 Long Beach ALMS
5/11-12 Laguna Seca ALMS
9/14-15 EARL at Fontucky (I won't spend a DIME to be there, but I'll be there with an agenda!!!).
11/9 NHRA finals, Pomona

Step up and tell people where you will be!! :thumbup:

manic

opinionated ow
03-06-12, 05:57 AM
Not a lot for me sadly...

I was at the Sunday Morning Aussie F3 race on the Adelaide street circuit this past weekend. I didn't stay for the V8s

Tasman Revival at Eastern Creek in November is looking good.

I might head up to Mallala next month to see the Sports Sedans run if they've got a strong grid.

Maybe Murray Bridge Speedway a couple of times in the next few months. There's a big programme one night including my beloved midgets.

Sydney Speedway on Easter Saturday when I'm back home for the final round of the Speedcar (Midget) Super Series.

extramundane
03-06-12, 11:52 AM
ALMS @ VIR in September. Possibly LeMons Capital Offense @ Summit Point in June.

Other than that... Sigh.

Methanolandbrats
03-06-12, 12:25 PM
Cab Lite and Conti challenge at Road America
Friday BRIC
ALMS practice/qualy
Maybe the fast bikes
IRL friday at Milw if I can park in the infield and the Silver Crown cars are there again. Wanted to see Silver Crown cars last time, but did not go because marketing genius' closed the infield.
Probly some local late model stuff at Slinger and Dells.

Andrew Longman
03-06-12, 01:46 PM
NHRA at Englishtown

ALMS at Sebring, Lime Rock and MO. Maybe Mosport and VIR too

Something or two at NJMSP

Something "Modified" at Wall, New Egypt, etc.

Cup at The Glen

Trevor Longman
03-06-12, 04:51 PM
I going nuts this year. Knocking a lot of races off the to do list. Its the last commitment free summer I'll have for the foreseeable future so I'm taking advantage of it. This is very subject to change but as of now this is the plan.

12 Hours of Sebring
March 14-17

24hrs of LeMons @ NJMP
April 14-15

Grand Am @ NJMP
May 11-13

Rally America @ NJMP
May 19-20

F1 Canadian Grand Prix
June 8-10

Grand Am 6 Hours of the Glen
June 29-July 1

ALMS @ Lime Rock
July 6-7

ALMS @ Mosport
July 20-22

Indycar/ALMS @ Mid-Ohio
August 2-5

NASCAR @ Watkins Glen
August 8-12

Baltimore Grand Prix
August 31-September 2

Watkins Glen Historic Grand Prix
September 7-9

ALMS @ VIR
September 13-15

Grand Am @ Lime Rock
September 29-30

cameraman
03-06-12, 09:42 PM
The Tour of Utah Stages 2, 3 & 4 at a minimum:p

G.
03-07-12, 12:22 AM
The Plan:
The Mile, maybe. Depends on how the spec cars can differentiate themselves, I guess. And if I can get free tickets. :\
BRIC
ALMS

The Reality:
We'll see.

emjaya
03-07-12, 09:11 AM
I going nuts this year. Knocking a lot of races off the to do list. Its the last commitment free summer I'll have for the foreseeable future so I'm taking advantage of it. This is very subject to change but as of now this is the plan.

12 Hours of Sebring
March 14-17

24hrs of LeMons @ NJMP
April 14-15

Grand Am @ NJMP
May 11-13

Rally America @ NJMP
May 19-20

F1 Canadian Grand Prix
June 8-10

Grand Am 6 Hours of the Glen
June 29-July 1

ALMS @ Lime Rock
July 6-7

ALMS @ Mosport
July 20-22

Indycar/ALMS @ Mid-Ohio
August 2-5

NASCAR @ Watkins Glen
August 8-12

Baltimore Grand Prix
August 31-September 2

Watkins Glen Historic Grand Prix
September 7-9

ALMS @ VIR
September 13-15

Grand Am @ Lime Rock
September 29-30

Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000
4-7 October 2012?

:)

NismoZ
03-07-12, 10:15 AM
What G. said! And, Trev...you ARE nuts! :thumbup: If I had to pick ONE...ANY one...I'd like to do Bathurst before I croak. Hell, I couldn't even stay awake to watch it live last year! Hope we get another chance this year.:D Plus, isn't the "BRIC" called the HAWK this year?:confused:I'll never get used to that!:shakehead

Andrew Longman
03-07-12, 11:19 AM
And, Trev...you ARE nuts! :thumbup: Yes.

Trevor, there is this thing called college. And work. And money.

And the Passat needs a new $2000 turbo.

We''ll talk. ;)

Trevor Longman
03-07-12, 01:04 PM
Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000
4-7 October 2012?

:)

If only! :)

TravelGal
03-07-12, 02:26 PM
Yes.

Trevor, there is this thing called college. And work. And money.

And the Passat needs a new $2000 turbo.

We''ll talk. ;)

Oh DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD! ;)

Andrew Longman
03-07-12, 03:10 PM
Hey brats. Empty your mailbox. :D

Methanolandbrats
03-07-12, 03:17 PM
Done ^^^

Rogue Leader
03-07-12, 05:06 PM
24 Hours of Lemons @ NJMP
Apr 14-15

@NHMS
May 5-6

@Summit Point
June 16-17

@NHMS
Oct 26-27

ALMS/IndyCar
@Baltimore - Maybe

nissan gtp
03-07-12, 05:38 PM
Sebring

TBD Watkins Glenn (Grand AM or Historics)

Would love to do something at Road American

Perhaps ALMS at Mid-Ohio

ALMS/Mindycar Baltimore

ALMS at VIR

Petit Lemans

TravelGal
03-08-12, 12:52 PM
Studiously avoiding St. Pete (just came back from a trip near there) but thinking of trying to find the pirate truck in Long Beach. How do I do that without giving the b'tards any of my money? Will they let me WALK into the parking area?

Methanolandbrats
03-08-12, 01:54 PM
Studiously avoiding St. Pete (just came back from a trip near there) but thinking of trying to find the pirate truck in Long Beach. How do I do that without giving the b'tards any of my money? Will they let me WALK into the parking area?

Sign up to be a marshal. All you have to do is stand there because IRL drivers rescue themselves and put out their own fires, so you get a good seat for free! :thumbup:

G.
03-08-12, 02:02 PM
Sign up to be a marshal. All you have to do is stand there because IRL drivers rescue themselves and put out their own fires, so you get a good seat for free! :thumbup:

:rofl::laugh::rofl:

NismoZ
03-08-12, 03:14 PM
My cousin works with a guy who who is an "official" for The League, one of those pit steward guys, I think...met him ONCE soon after Rahal's near head-on with a safety vehicle. Wasn't a lengthy conversation but I'm pretty sure he hates me now.:thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
03-08-12, 03:19 PM
My cousin works with a guy who who is an "official" for The League, one of those pit steward guys, I think...met him ONCE soon after Rahal's near head-on with a safety vehicle. Wasn't a lengthy conversation but I'm pretty sure he hates me now.:thumbup:

:laugh: :laugh:

Anteater
03-15-12, 05:34 PM
No race plans this year. :(

manic mechanic
03-20-12, 12:55 AM
No race plans this year. :(

Is this because you can't spare the time, or don't have the tix? :confused:

This one goes to T-Gal too... Finding the PIR8TRK is easy if you are in proximity... If the "flavor of the day" isn't what you would spend a $ on, I can understand. I'll be at LBGP on "comps" that don't include the spIndyCrap stuff, so that $$#it is paid whether I am there or not.
I park where the city of Long Beach and the Pike complex get the money, so I give two $#its about who gets what cut of the pie from there.
I'll buy a program and a pin from event merchandising, a 2012 ALMS pin from their booth, and my Seca ALMS tickets from the MRLS kiosk in the expo (at a substantial discount), but the EARL will get very few of my hard-earned dollars elsewhere. That's the way it has been since 2009, that's the way it will be until a better regime has the "marquee" event (shame that the general public hasn't figured out that the REAL race has been on SATURDAY since 2009, isn't it... f'in sheep).

Ladies, call me if you want to be there. If I have extra tix, I'll put you in the queue (and friends always come first!!). :thumbup:

manic

Easy
03-22-12, 11:49 PM
2012 could be my busiest racing attendance season of the last few years. Some are provisional but not like, Ansan or Beijing level provisional.

Long Beach Grand Prix (Fri-Sat) IF I can hold off a nearly overdue work trip long enough to coincide with that week.

Indy 500 Qualy: IF my buddy can hook up the suite and freebies.

Milwaukee Mile Friday. Love that place.

Road America: (Love this place more than anywhere)
-NASCAR Danicawide Series/Grand Am
-Brian Redman Vintage
-ALMS
-Runoffs

F1 USGP @ COTA Austin: If they get it done, I will be there. My buddy's grandparents live on Lake Travis. They will be in Europe until Thanksgiving that month and are leaving him the keys to the house and the minivan. \m/

Also hoping to work it out for WTCC at Sears Point.

Methanolandbrats
03-23-12, 10:17 AM
2012 could be my busiest racing attendance season of the last few years. Some are provisional but not like, Ansan or Beijing level provisional.

Long Beach Grand Prix (Fri-Sat) IF I can hold off a nearly overdue work trip long enough to coincide with that week.

Indy 500 Qualy: IF my buddy can hook up the suite and freebies.

Milwaukee Mile Friday. Love that place.

Road America: (Love this place more than anywhere)
-NASCAR Danicawide Series/Grand Am
-Brian Redman Vintage
-ALMS
-Runoffs

F1 USGP @ COTA Austin: If they get it done, I will be there. My buddy's grandparents live on Lake Travis. They will be in Europe until Thanksgiving that month and are leaving him the keys to the house and the minivan. \m/

Also hoping to work it out for WTCC at Sears Point.

Damn, that's a lot of jet fuel :gomer:

TrueBrit
03-28-12, 03:58 PM
Maybe RA for ALMS but doubtful...

USGP??? Also highly doubtful...

But Brands Hatch Oct 21 for the British Touring Car Championship finale is definitely on...room and board, plus drinks and meals all inclusive for the low, low price of $0...:D

G.
03-28-12, 06:19 PM
But Brands Hatch Oct 21 for the British Touring Car Championship finale is definitely on...room and board, plus drinks and meals all inclusive for the low, low price of $0...:D

I can't wait to see the reaction of the family when they all meet your long-lost cousin G.

:p

NismoZ
04-01-12, 07:30 PM
And today Jason Plato wins merely his 69th BTCC race!? In an MG!!? It's FIRST race! (lately) Too many Bow Tie wins last season?;) A stinking shame SpeedTV can't show these races without a 10 month delay.:irked:

NismoZ
04-01-12, 07:47 PM
Hmmmm...the MG6 GT, 1.8 turbo, sold a whopping 15 in Oct. and 7 in Nov. (in the UK) No BTCC rules about what qualifies as a legal "production car?" Those are incredible sales figures!:eek: Things must be going better in China? I want to see the new Supermini! Just your kind of car, eh TB!?:p

Anteater
05-01-12, 09:54 AM
Turns out I'm going to ALMS at Laguna Seca next week! :cool::thumbup:

devilmaster
05-01-12, 02:01 PM
Since the new job has me out of edmonton, I may try to find myself avail for the Indy weekend....

And if I have the cash and such, perhaps i'll fly on down to Circuit of the Americas, assuming it happens. (and i'm not holding my breath.)

TrueBrit
10-03-12, 10:40 AM
BTCC Finale at Brands Hatch is still a go....Usual offer stands...I'll be in the Paddock Hill stand on Sunday, prolly the south bank on saturday..and in the pub both nights...

nissan gtp
10-03-12, 04:11 PM
Petit Lemans is getting closer. :thumbup:

the weebler
10-05-12, 04:50 PM
I will be attending the IndyCar finale. Anyone know when that is? :(:confused:

TrueBrit
10-25-12, 04:43 PM
BTCC Finale at Brands Hatch is still a go....Usual offer stands...I'll be in the Paddock Hill stand on Sunday, prolly the south bank on saturday..and in the pub both nights...

Quals were overcast but the temps okay, race day was more overcast, misty/drizzly/rainy which made the racing fun, but the sitting in the Paddock Hill Bend grandstand less-so...but that's why they invented PG Tips tea...kept me nice and warm as the cars went all agricultural on the way up paddock hill and down into Graham Hill bend...

Wouldn't have missed it for the world...great time!

mapguy
10-25-12, 10:51 PM
Mosport ALMS. Plus numerous club events there and at Shannonville and Calabogie.

gerhard911
10-28-12, 09:31 PM
I will be attending the IndyCar finale. Anyone know when that is? :(:confused:

I wouldn't bet on any races past the 497.5 in May...

manic mechanic
11-09-12, 02:46 AM
Let;s face it folks... One of the reasons this community endeared itself to me is the true love of racing at it's finest.
Many of us have seen disciplines that younger generations can only see film of (after digital conversion, of course... How else would they get the (min)1080p they have become accustomed to??), and I'm interested to know what series/venues you will attend over the coming year.

No shame/grief given (with a proper explanation), OK?

I'll start it off:

2/10 NHRA at Pomona
3/23-25 NASCAR at Fontucky (season tickets)
4/13-14 Long Beach ALMS
5/11-12 Laguna Seca ALMS
9/14-15 EARL at Fontucky (I won't spend a DIME to be there, but I'll be there with an agenda!!!).
11/9 NHRA finals, Pomona

Step up and tell people where you will be!! :thumbup:

manic

Tomorrow starts the last of my "declared" race weekends... I got lucky and will be doing Saturday at Pomona as well (thanks to Valvoline, ASE, and DSR) with hospitality to boot...

20,000hp per pass... What is that.. 2 1/2 fields of Earl cars at a time?

I love my racing, but that $h1t is just sad! :shakehead

ducking rain but having fun in SoCal!!:thumbup: