Simmer down, it was a friendly.

Ankf00
03-01-12, 01:00 PM
ooo ess ah! ooo ess ah! ooo ess ah!

BtTt_M17xqo

SurfaceUnits
03-05-12, 02:51 PM
NFL: Saints paid players to hurt foes

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/New-Orleans-Saints-face-NFL-sanctions-for-offering-bounty-payments-for-injuring-opponents-030212

The NFL announced Friday the New Orleans Saints face punishment for
implementing an illegal bounty system to pay players for inflicting
injuries on opponents.

Methanolandbrats
03-05-12, 03:07 PM
NFL: Saints paid players to hurt foes

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/New-Orleans-Saints-face-NFL-sanctions-for-offering-bounty-payments-for-injuring-opponents-030212

The NFL announced Friday the New Orleans Saints face punishment for
implementing an illegal bounty system to pay players for inflicting
injuries on opponents.

Isn't that the whole point of football? I bet all teams do it.

TravelGal
03-06-12, 01:39 PM
Isn't that the whole point of football? I bet all teams do it.

I thought the same thing and I'm usually the biggest Pollyana on the block. Their mistake was making the rules for the crushes so structured.

NismoZ
03-07-12, 10:39 AM
Well, Dick Butkus used to step on hands after tackles, spit on the ball as the center approached, loudly question ANYone's manhood... But I don't know if he actually tried to KILL anybody...he just wanted the other guy to THINK he was going to!

Don Quixote
03-07-12, 10:49 AM
Well, Dick Butkus used to step on hands after tackles, spit on the ball as the center approached, loudly question ANYone's manhood... But I don't know if he actually tried to KILL anybody...he just wanted the other guy to THINK he was going to!No, I am pretty sure Butkis was trying to kill somebody on every play.

Andrew Longman
03-07-12, 11:51 AM
No, I am pretty sure Butkis was trying to kill somebody on every play.Pretty much. Deacon Jones too.

And Nitschke, Bednarik, Karras, Curtis, Robustelli, Night Train, etc.

WickerBill
03-07-12, 05:19 PM
wasn't this a soccer thread?

cameraman
03-07-12, 06:05 PM
A relatively cryptic one but yes, yes it was:saywhat:

Gnam
03-07-12, 06:56 PM
An NFL special about the 10 Meanest Players Evah! or something like that had a story about Butkus biting another player's legs at the bottom of the pile. He was described as a bear wearing a uniform.

Back in the good old days, no one was given bonuses for hurting the other team. That was just part of the job. :D

Don Quixote
03-07-12, 07:04 PM
Back in the good old days, no one was given bonuses for hurting the other team. That was just part of the job. :DHe did it because he enjoyed it. :D

NismoZ
03-08-12, 12:54 PM
*oops...talk radio around here has been full of ex high schoolers bragging they did that all the time and the coaches knew about it. One idiot named his school and approx. when. I wonder if ol' coachie has gotten any calls?

NismoZ
03-08-12, 01:03 PM
Bednarik...Isn't he the guy who almost killed Gifford?

Ankf00
03-08-12, 01:14 PM
http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-National-Team/2012/02/US-MNT-Earns-First-Win-Against-Italy.aspx

GENOA, Italy (Feb. 29, 2012) – Clint Dempsey scored early in the second half to provide the U.S. Men’s National Team a historic 1-0 victory against Italy at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris in Genoa. The victory against the four-time FIFA World Cup champion was the first in U.S. history, breaking a previous 10-game losing streak against Italy that dated back to 1934.

“We are really pleased with the game and with the result,” U.S. head coach Jurgen Klinsmann said. “If you beat Italy on its own soil, then that means a lot. For us, the goal was to come here to learn. The challenge that this game gave us, especially on the tactical side – to read the game ahead, to think one step ahead – for our players, it was big. It was a big step for them to be constantly on high alert for 90 minutes.”

Klinsmann also has academys playing 10 months out of the year now which is going to preclude a lot of kids from playing HS ball, and has a lot of HS coaches whining about it.

Dempsey = #4 all time US scorer. watchoo know bout dem texas boys.

Methanolandbrats
03-08-12, 01:15 PM
*oops...talk radio around here has been full of ex high schoolers bragging they did that all the time and the coaches knew about it. One idiot named his school and approx. when. I wonder if ol' coachie has gotten any calls?

Coachie is not getting calls, but the AD, principal and school board are. If it's true and picks up steam, coachie will be fired very quickly.

NismoZ
03-08-12, 03:57 PM
And deservedly so, I suppose. I guess the basketball coach for the Texas HS team that recently defeated a mostly Hispanic team from a nearby district will keep his job because he apologized after fans erupted in a victory chant of USA! USA! USA!?... followed by accusations of racism! I didn't hear of any threats to take out, maim or kill any of the kids on the other team, though. : There, now we have futbol, football and basketball covered.:)

Ankf00
03-08-12, 04:30 PM
there were also chants of "Alamo Whites" from SA Edison, but continue...

SurfaceUnits
03-08-12, 05:44 PM
I'd like to see some player who was injured sue the Saints to find out how much bounty was paid on his injury

Methanolandbrats
03-08-12, 06:00 PM
And deservedly so, I suppose. I guess the basketball coach for the Texas HS team that recently defeated a mostly Hispanic team from a nearby district will keep his job because he apologized after fans erupted in a victory chant of USA! USA! USA!?... followed by accusations of racism! I didn't hear of any threats to take out, maim or kill any of the kids on the other team, though. : There, now we have futbol, football and basketball covered.:)

I am very familiar with this type of stuff. My girls played basketball from grade school through high school. That racial stuff is common. When we played inner city teams my girls got called "cracker", "white cracker", "white bitch", etc....etc.... and those were the nice things people said to them on the floor and in the stands. As you say nobody tried to kill anybody although some of the fouls came close to maiming and resulted in ejections. One was for dislocating my daughters shoulder.

SurfaceUnits
03-09-12, 12:07 AM
Simmer down, it was a friendly.

that is exactly what the home town fans leaving the packed stadium were saying
Cuocere a fuoco lento verso il basso, è stata una partita amichevole

SurfaceUnits
03-09-12, 12:11 AM

things will be much better after the southwest is turned into a bunch of Tijuanas

datachicane
03-09-12, 12:49 AM
there were also chants of "Alamo Whites" from SA Edison, but continue...

I heard it was "Alamo Heights", which is where they were from (and would seem to actually make sense).

NismoZ
03-09-12, 03:07 PM

SurfaceUnits
03-09-12, 05:58 PM
I heard it was "Alamo Heights", which is where they were from (and would seem to actually make sense).

there's no H in Mexican, ence the confusion

NismoZ
03-09-12, 06:30 PM
Chanting "USA" is racially insensitive!? Being called "White" is a putdown!? No "H" in Jose!? I'm out.

SurfaceUnits
03-09-12, 08:59 PM
So they were shouting "Alamo-ites" What's with that? Taunting your fellow citizens with the deaths of hundreds of pre-Americans?

Ankf00
03-12-12, 11:51 AM

ya, it's alamo heights. sa edison was chanting "alamo whites." AHHS is a highly affluent, primarily caucasian school in its own school district separate from SA ISD. SA ISD is not affluent in the least, and SA Edison is highly hispanic. And this kind of minority vs. rich white school thing is nothing new.

SurfaceUnits
03-23-12, 09:13 PM
USA vs Cuba - a 6-0 win for the Americans that kicked off qualifying for the 2012 Olympics.

So far knowone has appeared on Larry King Live accusing the American fans of racism in chanting USA USA USA

Stay tuned for the neigh sayers, apologists and equivocators

datachicane
03-23-12, 10:02 PM
http://bodamerblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/conrad-eveready.jpg

dando
03-24-12, 10:59 PM
Ooops.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/story/_/id/7733071/us-soccer-falls-canada-faces-win-el-salvador-monday

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Doneil Henry and Lucas Cavallini each scored goals as Canada beat the United States 2-0 Saturday night for its first win over the Americans since 1992 in the CONCACAF men's Olympic qualifying tournament.

The Americans could have clinched a berth in the semifinals on March 31 in Kansas City, Kan. Those winners qualify for the London games. Instead, they now must beat El Salvador, a 4-0 winner over Cuba earlier Saturday, on Monday night to advance.

:shakehead

-Kevin

devilmaster
03-25-12, 10:26 AM
...but the Canadians finished with a win big enough coach Tony Fonseca said might wake up folks at home.

Doubt it. As much as I'd to see a little love for footie here, (and I know that my local pub back home it would be major news) its just not anything that will make the radar unless they all of a sudden threaten -in- the olympic tournament....

SurfaceUnits
03-25-12, 11:35 PM
Cue up the Maple Leaf Rag. Gonna be a tough one against ES,,better play better than they did against CA

cameraman
03-26-12, 11:45 PM
And they tied, no US team in the Olympics.

SurfaceUnits
03-27-12, 05:46 PM
gppd thing this was the U23's

dando
04-03-12, 01:27 PM
Well, @ least the chicks with kicks got our backs. :thumbup:

-Kevin