PDA

View Full Version : Mark Your Calendars!

Trevor Longman
02-29-12, 11:14 PM
...at least if you live in Northern California. On September 23 the WTCC is racing at Sears Point along with these guys, The Auto GP World Series. Aside from the stupid name, this series is actually pretty awesome, mainly because of the cars and the sound they create. This weekend is not one to miss if you live nearby. Just crank the volume on this video and you'll understand why!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXqn4teIEDY

Methanolandbrats
02-29-12, 11:24 PM
:eek: I'm having CART flashbacks. :thumbup:

opinionated ow
02-29-12, 11:30 PM
they're the old A1GP cars, probably the only spec series ever where being overtaken is a possibility.

Trevor Longman
02-29-12, 11:32 PM
:eek: I'm having CART flashbacks. :thumbup:

Same here. Some of those shots reminded me of sitting in the woods on the run down to turn 5 at Road America. Awesome memories are coming back to me! :thumbup:

cameraman
02-29-12, 11:35 PM
The stupid ****ers at the IRL could have bought those cars instead:flame:

RTKar
03-01-12, 08:03 AM
Same here. Some of those shots reminded me of sitting in the woods on the run down to turn 5 at Road America. Awesome memories are coming back to me! :thumbup:

:thumbup: Same here, spent many a day in the woods before T-5. Loved the sound reverberating through the trees.

Elmo T
03-01-12, 09:05 AM
The stupid ****ers at the IRL could have bought those cars instead:flame:

For engine design, the IRL would have done better to start with that sound and work backwards from there. Make your engine sound like this first, everything else is secondary. :rolleyes:

I swear, our local kids' soccer league makes better management decisions.

Methanolandbrats
03-01-12, 09:21 AM
If the new IRL POS sounded like that I might buy a ticket to Milw, I'd just have to wear a blindfold.

dando
03-01-12, 09:55 AM
...at least if you live in Northern California. On September 23 the WTCC is racing at Sears Point along with these guys, The Auto GP World Series. Aside from the stupid name, this series is actually pretty awesome, mainly because of the cars and the sound they create. This weekend is not one to miss if you live nearby. Just crank the volume on this video and you'll understand why!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXqn4teIEDY

Trev, shame on you, or is you old man posting under your account? :gomer:

ZXqn4teIEDY

And yes, those are some mighty sweet sounds. Reminds me of Thunder Canyon @ MO. :thumbup:

-Kevin

NismoZ
03-01-12, 04:24 PM
Wow, Fontana sure has changed it's looks! MAJOR remodeling!:gomer:

ncmlj
03-07-12, 06:38 PM
1:45 reminds me of Canada corner:D

Gnam
03-08-12, 03:10 AM
greatness in posting. :thumbup:

That sound is awesome.

NismoZ
03-10-12, 07:20 PM
So...we LIKE non-turbos with air boxes now? :confused: I really talked up A1 when it was in it's planning and infancy but it was treated with a great deal of scorn on the forums. They didn't look or sound much different then, did they? Guess we had an alternative then...not so much now. :( Any TV time planned? Sweet vid!

NismoZ
03-10-12, 07:53 PM
Brit Adrian Quaiffe-Hobbs won the first Auto GP race at Monza today. Tested last fall with Virgin F-1. Could be one to watch.:)

gpflepsen
03-11-12, 01:29 PM
So...we LIKE non-turbos with air boxes now?

Is there a need for "Group Think" re-indoctrination?

datachicane
03-11-12, 02:57 PM
Guess we had an alternative then...not so much now. :(

That's pretty much it. We're all starved for anything vaguely resembling a proper race car.

NismoZ
03-11-12, 04:53 PM
Yeah, like the D'Wang!:D

opinionated ow
03-11-12, 07:04 PM
So...we LIKE non-turbos with air boxes now? :confused: I really talked up A1 when it was in it's planning and infancy but it was treated with a great deal of scorn on the forums. They didn't look or sound much different then, did they? Guess we had an alternative then...not so much now. :( Any TV time planned? Sweet vid!

A1 was a great concept run very poorly. Some people got it right (NZ) with sponsorship and paid drivers and others got it way wrong (aus) expecting 6 figures to drive the car and noot even looking for sponsorship.