PDA

View Full Version : Welcome To Rubbin is Racin'

Wheel-Nut
02-23-12, 04:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wtzioHXq8I

Elmo T
02-23-12, 05:03 PM
Ouch.

I see another 852 pre-race interviews with the Princess now: pack racing, SAFER barrier, "our cars are safer", etc, etc. :rolleyes:

Methanolandbrats
02-23-12, 05:09 PM
:thumbup:

dando
02-23-12, 05:19 PM
Princess go BOOM!. :gomer: Mike Waltrip earns :gomer: :gomer: status for putting his ride into the wall coming out of the pits by himself. :saywhat:

On a side note, thoughts and prayers for Chris Myers and family who lost their 20-yo son to a car accident two weeks ago. :(

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/7587567/son-fox-studio-host-chris-myers-dies-car-crash

-Kevin

TKGAngel
02-23-12, 05:54 PM
And now there's rumblings that Robby G might sell his already qualified ride to Mikey so that Mikey can make the field.

Side note: I saw Danica on PTI the other day and she was cool and very non-Princess Sparklepony. She almost seemed to be nerding out about being in-studio with TK and Willybuns. I know that we'll have to wait and see how she fares over the course of the season but if this Danica had shown up to the past few years worth of Indycar interviews, I might have actually liked her. :\

Methanolandbrats
02-23-12, 06:04 PM
And now there's rumblings that Robby G might sell his already qualified ride to Mikey so that Mikey can make the field.

Side note: I saw Danica on PTI the other day and she was cool and very non-Princess Sparklepony. She almost seemed to be nerding out about being in-studio with TK and Willybuns. I know that we'll have to wait and see how she fares over the course of the season but if this Danica had shown up to the past few years worth of Indycar interviews, I might have actually liked her. :\

I noticed that too, she was actually smiling and kinda funny in the booth, maybe getting away from Mikey and Mindycars will be good for her head.

Gnam
02-23-12, 07:16 PM
From a safety standpoint, I bet she's glad that spin was in a NASCAB tank and not in a crapwagon, new or old. Also, it didn't burst into flames. :thumbup:

No way her new personality lasts the whole year. She'll be back to scowlin' and slappin' by the BY400.

SurfaceUnits
02-24-12, 12:29 AM
I never wood of amagioned Danicles to be one riding around at the back of the pack.

Rogue Leader
02-24-12, 08:40 AM
Remembering now that she has Greg Zipadelli running her car, its likely the crap she would get away with in Indy (scolding her crew and everyone else over the radio) won't fly too well here. Maybe she realizes that and is changing her ways now to make sure she is safe.

opinionated ow
02-24-12, 09:03 AM
How good is Ambrose going!

Methanolandbrats
02-24-12, 09:07 AM
How good is Ambrose going!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Only reason I'm paying any attention to cab racin'

Indy
02-24-12, 09:19 AM
It's a good thing Brian France invented the SAFER barrier.

And regarding PSP's newly found personality, I think she has been racing scared since she made it to the big cars, and her attitudes may have had a lot to do with the grim nervousness caused by that fear. After all, if that hit is trivial in a COT, then she must feel like she is much less likely to be Dan Wheldon'ed in race.

Think of how relieved you would feel after all those years in crapwagons, and to have escaped unharmed.

TKGAngel
02-24-12, 02:11 PM
From a safety standpoint, I bet she's glad that spin was in a NASCAB tank and not in a crapwagon, new or old. Also, it didn't burst into flames. :thumbup:

Yup. However, there's now a "controversy" :rolleyes: from those that don't realize that "remove hands from steering wheel, then crash" is a safety thing. It's not just the pretty little girl hiding her eyes from impending doom.

And even mainstream media outlets like Entertainment Weekly are writing about her wreck. That's got to get NASCAR PR drooling.

Rogue Leader
02-24-12, 02:19 PM
Yup. However, there's now a "controversy" :rolleyes: from those that don't realize that "remove hands from steering wheel, then crash" is a safety thing. It's not just the pretty little girl hiding her eyes from impending doom.

And even mainstream media outlets like Entertainment Weekly are writing about her wreck. That's got to get NASCAR PR drooling.

I love when mainstream media picks up on this stuff and then all the "experts" weigh in. Not one of them having watched more than 5 minutes of racing in the past 10 years.

Trevor Longman
02-24-12, 05:06 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Only reason I'm paying any attention to cab racin'

Same here!! He's my dark horse pick for the race. He's finished 3rd in the shootout and the duel, and he's been pretty consistent at the front. I was amazed every year at the glen at how many fans he has. Every time he goes by the whole grandstand is cheering him on. Now I know some of that is because he was beating Kyle Busch at the time but I think everyone realizes he's a genuinely likable guy! :thumbup:

High Sided
02-24-12, 05:34 PM
kangaroo meat :thumbup: but i'm hopin a.j. gets the win ;)

dando
02-27-12, 11:35 AM
Rubbin' now under the lights @ 7. Better viewing for the fireworks @ night. :thumbup: :gomer:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
02-27-12, 12:14 PM
Rubbin' now under the lights @ 7. Better viewing for the fireworks @ night. :thumbup: :gomer:

-Kevin

AWESOMES! On Fox? But won't that pre-empt "Crazy Sluts Picking a Man", "Man Choosing a Crazy Slut" , "Being Mean to People who Can't Sing", "Dancing with The Tools" or one of those other fantastic, ratings blockbuster shows?

dando
02-27-12, 12:39 PM
AWESOMES! On Fox? But won't that pre-empt "Crazy Sluts Picking a Man", "Man Choosing a Crazy Slut" , "Being Mean to People who Can't Sing", "Dancing with The Tools" or one of those other fantastic, ratings blockbuster shows?

Sorry, but you'll need to get your Cops fix elsewhere. Perhaps try finding a torrent or Youtube. :gomer:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
02-27-12, 12:52 PM
Sorry, but you'll need to get your Cops fix elsewhere. Perhaps try finding a torrent or Youtube. :gomer:

-Kevin

I fergot about "Pistol Whipping Minorities and White Trash". :thumbup:

Wheel-Nut
02-27-12, 12:59 PM
She got "rubbed" in the Nationwide race too.

NSFW :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6F7OnzqtDE&feature=related

Methanolandbrats
02-27-12, 02:20 PM
She does not talk very nice. Who wooda thought her teammate would bumpdraft her :gomer: Of course when he does and she throws the car away it's not her fault. Seen this **** before. I can't wait till she curses at the Busch Boys or Carl Edwards.

SurfaceUnits
02-27-12, 03:02 PM
tVdFJIEk5wY

TrueBrit
02-27-12, 04:07 PM

I actually :rofl::laugh: at that one in the office...:thumbup:

High Sided
02-27-12, 07:09 PM
track is dry. slight chance for a shower in the next 30 minutes but clear after that, nascar says they'll get it in tonight even if it has to start at 8 or 9.

are you ready for the prime time danicle 500?

Methanolandbrats
02-27-12, 07:39 PM
8 or 9 pm start time? Damn, do the cops enough officers, cars and jail cells for all the drunken, violent necks when they empty that place at 1 am? :eek:

trish
02-27-12, 08:02 PM
track is dry. slight chance for a shower in the next 30 minutes but clear after that, nascar says they'll get it in tonight even if it has to start at 8 or 9.

are you ready for the prime time danicle 500?

I'm ready!

High Sided
02-27-12, 08:14 PM
:thumbup:

trish
02-27-12, 08:15 PM
Biffle was sideways.

Wow! Already wreckin.

trish
02-27-12, 08:17 PM
Danica x5 so far. Drunk yet?

High Sided
02-27-12, 08:18 PM
dam she got lucky

EDwardo
02-27-12, 08:19 PM
Rubbin' is wreckin' .............:rofl:

trish
02-27-12, 08:20 PM
"These guys have all learned a lesson from Danica Patrick..." :saywhat:

High Sided
02-27-12, 08:21 PM
girl power to nascar :gomer:

cameraman
02-27-12, 08:22 PM
Guess I'm going to miss it as I'm still at work and won't be done for two more hours.

Dang:gomer:

High Sided
02-27-12, 08:25 PM
you'll get home just in time to see them actually race.;)

Methanolandbrats
02-27-12, 08:27 PM
Guess I'm going to miss it as I'm still at work and won't be done for two more hours.

Dang:gomer:

SPEED will re-play it at least 500 times between now and next years race, so you'll have plenty of chances to get your inner hillbilly on :gomer:

BarillaGirl
02-27-12, 08:36 PM
What actual race? :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

trish
02-27-12, 08:41 PM
Debris

BarillaGirl
02-27-12, 08:46 PM
How insulted are the other drivers to hear that they "learned" from Danica to take their hands off the steering wheel so they wouldn't break their hands in a crash? :confused:

NismoZ
02-27-12, 08:47 PM
SAY, wasn't that exciting, race fans!? So exciting I just switched over to a rerun of Big Bang Theory. Huh, I guess they could give the "race" that title, too.:rolleyes:

Methanolandbrats
02-27-12, 08:47 PM
I can feel a NASCAR Coma coming on. Roll the DVR and go to the gym. When I get back I will pour a pint and search the recording for sparks :D

BarillaGirl
02-27-12, 08:52 PM
SAY, wasn't that exciting, race fans!? So exciting I just switched over to a rerun of Big Bang Theory. Huh, I guess they could give the "race" that title, too.:rolleyes:

::knockknockknock:: Penny! ::knockknockknock:: Penny! ::knockknockknock:: Penny!

SurfaceUnits
02-27-12, 09:18 PM
If DAnicles holds her place, this would be the gratest 40th place win in Neckcars history

Gnam
02-27-12, 09:24 PM
parked for handling issues, maybe? :D

trish
02-27-12, 10:55 PM
Fire

Juan got real lucky there.

trish
02-27-12, 10:59 PM
I'd actually like this race to be over. Blaney wins!

Mary
02-27-12, 11:01 PM
The asphalt has got to be melted. Gosh!

Mary

TRDfan
02-27-12, 11:02 PM
A jet fuel fire will help compete with WWE Raw.

Glad JPM is okay.

Mary
02-27-12, 11:04 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help it.:shakehead

Mary

dando
02-27-12, 11:09 PM
Puts a new meaning on 'done blowed up' and 'visible from space'. :eek: Can't wait to see Elmo's take on this. :eek: Thankfully both JPM and the truck driver walked away. :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Kevin

Mary
02-27-12, 11:11 PM
The truck driver looked a little shaken; I guess they don't sign up for this. JPM walked away like another day at the office.

Mary

dando
02-27-12, 11:16 PM
The truck driver looked a little shaken; I guess they don't sign up for this. JPM walked away like another day at the office.

Mary

He wasn't dressed for it either. :saywhat: Neither did the safety crew guys trying to control the fire appear to be. Looked they had driver/crew suits on with open-faced helmets. :saywhat: :saywhat:

-Kevin

RTKar
02-27-12, 11:21 PM
Best Daytona week ever.

dando
02-27-12, 11:25 PM
OK, I'm watching the replay and these cats were fighting this fire with hand-held extinguishers for several minutes, and it took forever to get the fire truck on the scene and even longer to get the hose from the truck to engage the fire with the fire fighters assisting with the hose, but not applying the water to the fire itself. ~10 minutes later a second fire crew arrives on the scene with the flames already extinguished.

-Kevin

TRDfan
02-27-12, 11:31 PM
The response was very slow. Yet the announcers always talk about the speedy response.

Oh Simple Green Safety team, we miss you.

dando
02-27-12, 11:47 PM
The response was very slow. Yet the announcers always talk about the speedy response.

Oh Simple Green Safety team, we miss you.

And while the fire rages, Joy and DW are talking about possible damage to the track. I was listening on MRN on the way home from a meeting and there was zero talk about the driver of the truck until after the condition of the track was mentioned several times. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
02-27-12, 11:57 PM
I just got hit from the gym. WTF? Did a pickup driver get roasted alive or something? I herd Monty whacked a safety veehicle. Why go green, they'll go to wreckin' again.

TRDfan
02-27-12, 11:59 PM
If they wait a little longer they will get the RAW crowd switching over. And somehow this will probably help Danica. (Because everything does)

trauma1
02-28-12, 12:04 AM
They left a 6 inch deep gouge in they track taking the jet dryer off the track:shakehead

Methanolandbrats
02-28-12, 12:14 AM
Give Blaney the Trofee and call it a day.

trish
02-28-12, 12:46 AM
This is what I started to post over an hour ago.

How far will NASCAR go to restart this race and get a different winner? They'll probably do a quick patch and run three more laps, enough so that Blaney has to pit.

Methanolandbrats
02-28-12, 12:54 AM
This is what I started to post over an hour ago.

How far will NASCAR go to restart this race and get a different winner? They'll probably do a quick patch and run three more laps, enough so that Blaney has to pit.

THey probly want Danicles to win

BarillaGirl
02-28-12, 12:58 AM
Why are these 40 laps so important? Because Blaney didn't draw the long straw at the pre-race meeting and doesn't deserve a win? Because we haven't managed to kill anybody yet? I can't effing believe this. :flame::flame::flame:

trauma1
02-28-12, 01:31 AM
remember this one with Mario and Mikey Andretti hitting the CART safety truck in Detroit:shakehead:shakehead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwEqjuvAZzE

TrueBrit
02-28-12, 01:52 AM
Wow, this is a new low in completely pathetic...

TrueBrit
02-28-12, 01:54 AM
So does Dale Jr get the call?

Napoleon
02-28-12, 06:01 AM
Just saw the jet blower thing on TV. Too f-en funny. What are they trying to do, out incompetent Indycar?

High Sided
02-28-12, 08:52 AM
ah nothing like waking up to a 35 lap dash for the 500 and what a great post oscar tmz to start the day. gotta love the dvr! gotta say this has been the best daytona start of the year from the 24hr till now. arca, truck, nationwide, and even last night. here is hoping all them dam ugly ass open wheelers can do the same. max biaggi sure did his part kicking off world superbike sunday!

Elmo T
02-28-12, 09:21 AM
OK, I'm watching the replay and these cats were fighting this fire with hand-held extinguishers for several minutes, ... but not applying the water to the fire itself..

First, NASCAR needs a dedicated safety team.

On the fire, I watched the replay just once this AM. This was a three dimension flammable liquids fire being fed by an ongoing leak. I'd be hard pressed to come up with a more challenging fire. Add in the banking, equipment that you may not be fully familiar using, etc.

Those initial crews appears to be using a Purple-K fire extinguishing system. They had "hose lines" that are fed by a what is essentially a giant fire extinguisher mounted on the truck. These are commonly used by crash trucks at the airports. Water is NOT want you want to be using. The burning fuel will just float on the surface of the water. Foam is better, but I don't think they are carrying a sufficient quantity on the small trucks.

Response time issues aside, this was as difficult a fire as I've ever seen at a track.

Lastly, NASCAR needs a dedicated safety team.

NismoZ
02-28-12, 11:07 AM
So, I tuned out on lap 4...did I miss something:confused:

Methanolandbrats
02-28-12, 11:11 AM
So, I tuned out on lap 4...did I miss something:confused:

Just the gratest cab race of all-time:gomer:

Wheel-Nut
02-28-12, 11:22 AM
Water is NOT want you want to be using.

That's what I was thinking.

200 gallons of jet fuel per truck you would think they would have adequate means to deal with a worst case scenario.

Back on topic - The Princess wrecked 3 cars this past week!! The shop guys should get a bonus.

Futility at its finest!!

Methanolandbrats
02-28-12, 11:25 AM
^^^ it was not her fault :D

SurfaceUnits
02-28-12, 01:00 PM
Did she ackshully rectum in every race she was in?

WHats her biggest fan got to say about it all? You know he was perdickting her on the pole and race win

NismoZ
02-28-12, 01:02 PM
JPM's neither. "The car just turned right!"

dando
02-28-12, 01:32 PM
First, NASCAR needs a dedicated safety team.

On the fire, I watched the replay just once this AM. This was a three dimension flammable liquids fire being fed by an ongoing leak. I'd be hard pressed to come up with a more challenging fire. Add in the banking, equipment that you may not be fully familiar using, etc.

Those initial crews appears to be using a Purple-K fire extinguishing system. They had "hose lines" that are fed by a what is essentially a giant fire extinguisher mounted on the truck. These are commonly used by crash trucks at the airports. Water is NOT want you want to be using. The burning fuel will just float on the surface of the water. Foam is better, but I don't think they are carrying a sufficient quantity on the small trucks.

Response time issues aside, this was as difficult a fire as I've ever seen at a track.

Lastly, NASCAR needs a dedicated safety team.

Yeah, I thought about the water thing due to the fuel diff b/w jet fuel and meth/ethanol. However, they only had one line in use for several minutes (maybe 10-15) in addition to the handheld extinguishers. My thought was more about getting the proper fire crews in place to put it out and not the safety crew bunch that were not dressed in case of a worst case scenario.

-Kevin

Wheel-Nut
02-28-12, 03:00 PM
Did she ackshully rectum in every race she was in?

WHats her biggest fan got to say about it all? You know he was perdickting her on the pole and race win

Crashed in Duel 1

Crashed in the Nationwide race

Crashed in the Big Show . . .

3 for 3

Fio1
02-28-12, 03:12 PM
Firstly, Montoya is an idiot. There was a bad vibration in 2nd gear and 3rd gear, so he returned to the pits to get it checked. He came back out, still bad vibration in 2nd and 3rd; so he decides to accelerates and brings it up to 4th gear? Then he crashes! OK, so if it vibrates in 2nd & 3rd gear at 50-70 mph, let's see what it does at 100 mph+ in 4th? :shakehead: :saywhat:

Secondly, don't you notice how no matter what happens in Nascab it is always positive? Takes 10 minutes for safety crew to arrive, "look how fast they arrived." Or, Danica crashes, "look what an amazing job she did by taking hands off steering wheel or by avoiding those two cars." Or my favorite, a journeymen driver who buys his way into the field is always praised. But, in F1 or Indycars they are called back-markers and ride buyers by the announcers. :rolleyes:

BarillaGirl
02-28-12, 03:27 PM
How much of each of those decisions was Montoya's part? That man has amazing car control skills. I am a fan of his, I'll admit it. What I suspect is that something snapped. Goodness knows what, but plenty of people had mechanical problems in this race --- he wasn't the only one. Secondly, I blame a rule that encourages people to speed up to catch up rather than just allowing him time to get to the back of the pack.

And I still can't believe it was truly necessary to run the last 40 laps, other than to parade sponsor logos on screen for the maximum possible time. They had already run a statistically complete race.

ALMOST made the IRL look smart and competent.

Then, of course, my FB "friends" comment today on what a great race it was. Clearly, they and I have different standards.

Methanolandbrats
02-28-12, 03:33 PM
Monty being an idiot and having amazing car control skills are both true :D

Elmo T
02-28-12, 03:33 PM
Yeah, I thought about the water thing due to the fuel diff b/w jet fuel and meth/ethanol. However, they only had one line in use for several minutes (maybe 10-15) in addition to the handheld extinguishers. My thought was more about getting the proper fire crews in place to put it out and not the safety crew bunch that were not dressed in case of a worst case scenario.

-Kevin

I think if you look close, there were several of the Purple-K handlines in service - much more than a regular extinguisher. I watched again this AM and you can even see the purple colored powered flying about.

In either case, when the real fire trucks arrived, the properly attired firefighters stood back and appeared to squirt water from behind the "safety crews". :rolleyes:

Given the volume of jet fuel on those dryers AND they fact that there is an airport immediately next door, I probably would have requested mutual aid in the form of a crash truck. The fire would have been out in mere seconds.

And Fio1 is right, NASCAR always manages to come out clean on these things. And if they can't, they deflect and someone else takes takes the heat.

dando
02-28-12, 04:34 PM
Firstly, Montoya is an idiot. There was a bad vibration in 2nd gear and 3rd gear, so he returned to the pits to get it checked. He came back out, still bad vibration in 2nd and 3rd; so he decides to accelerates and brings it up to 4th gear? Then he crashes! OK, so if it vibrates in 2nd & 3rd gear at 50-70 mph, let's see what it does at 100 mph+ in 4th? :shakehead: :saywhat:

Secondly, don't you notice how no matter what happens in Nascab it is always positive? Takes 10 minutes for safety crew to arrive, "look how fast they arrived." Or, Danica crashes, "look what an amazing job she did by taking hands off steering wheel or by avoiding those two cars." Or my favorite, a journeymen driver who buys his way into the field is always praised. But, in F1 or Indycars they are called back-markers and ride buyers by the announcers. :rolleyes:

First, the crewe checked out the car, said it was fine and sent him on his way. Considering how they allow broken cars to limp around the track in cabs, that's SOP and sad.

Second, when you allow 'drivers' like Milkers to 'race', you get what you ask for. NASCAR announcers are shills and NASCAR exerts control over them, IMO. I can't speak to Indycrap announcers since I haven't bothered to watch a complete race the past three seasons, but when you're filling the field with wankers, again, you get what you ask for.

-Kevin

Elmo T
02-28-12, 04:46 PM
We are all haters. We've forgotten that it is all about THE SHOW. This is good for THE SHOW.

Can't hit a major media outlet without seeing the Sparklepony, last night's fiasco trumps the IRL race visible from space, more media coverage of FireBall Montoya's wild ride, heck - even the rain delay played into their hands for improving the show.

NASCAR wins! :rolleyes:;)

dando
02-28-12, 05:04 PM
NASCAR won long ago! :rolleyes:;)

I knew you'd see the light one of these days. :gomer:

BTW, did they call the FD crews in from RCFD last night...thus explaining the delayed response? ;)

-Kevin

Napoleon
02-28-12, 05:50 PM
Monty being an idiot and having amazing car control skills are both true :D

Replace "car control" with "bat" and you could be describing Manny Ramirez.

TKGAngel
02-28-12, 07:30 PM
And I still can't believe it was truly necessary to run the last 40 laps, other than to parade sponsor logos on screen for the maximum possible time. They had already run a statistically complete race.

I think if the track/SAFER wall had been more damaged, they would have called it a night.

NASCAR had a PR and ratings coup with this race. 36.5 million total households watched the race, according to Nielsen. That gives Fox it's highest Monday night rating since the 2010 World Series (Yet they still lost the night to NBC). And they managed to do the right thing in not punishing Keselowski for his in-race Tweeting. His social media use is just as big of a story as Juan's wreck.

opinionated ow
02-28-12, 07:40 PM
in the rest of the world a red flag past 75% race distance is game over with full point and cash payment.

I wondered if they called in the firefighters from Bogota they took so long...

Gnam
02-28-12, 07:53 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help it.:shakehead

Mary

+1
...only in NASCAR. :rofl::shakehead

Gnam
02-28-12, 07:55 PM
This was a three dimension flammable liquids fire being fed by an ongoing leak.

Otherwise known as pissing up a rope. :gomer:

How many times did that stream of jet fuel re-ignite? :shakehead

trauma1
02-28-12, 10:19 PM
I worked one the safety team at the Milwaukee Mile and RA, while working the Nationwide race I asked the head honcho of the series why they didn't
have a dedicated safety team. He replied that if they did that they would have to have safety teams for all their series, Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and the Truck series

TravelGal
02-28-12, 10:21 PM
I worked one the safety team at the Milwaukee Mile and RA, while working the Nationwide race I asked the head honcho of the series why they didn't have a dedicated safety team. He replied that if they did that they would have to have safety teams for all their series, Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and the Truck series

Well...we certainly wouldn't want THAT! :rolleyes::tony:

trauma1
02-29-12, 12:10 AM
It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:shakehead:thumdown::thumd own:

JohnHKart
02-29-12, 01:42 AM
How insulted are the other drivers to hear that they "learned" from Danica to take their hands off the steering wheel so they wouldn't break their hands in a crash? :confused:

After we told about saving the Van's attempted spin out ( described in off topic) the Girl behind the desk at the hotel actually told us she does that when spinning in the snow. Sheesh.

JohnHKart
02-29-12, 01:50 AM
I can feel a NASCAR Coma coming on. Roll the DVR and go to the gym. When I get back I will pour a pint and search the recording for sparks :D

What a great thread! I did just that ! Slept a bit then caught the last few laps. I'll wear my Ford shirt tomorrow and give the finger to the kid I race wed nites always telling me Ford sucks !

Sorachi Ace
02-29-12, 01:58 AM
in the rest of the world a red flag past 75% race distance is game over with full point and cash payment.

So that the right team could win.

Rogue Leader
02-29-12, 08:41 AM
I worked one the safety team at the Milwaukee Mile and RA, while working the Nationwide race I asked the head honcho of the series why they didn't
have a dedicated safety team. He replied that if they did that they would have to have safety teams for all their series, Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and the Truck series

Well...we certainly wouldn't want THAT! :rolleyes::tony:

You know, I'm not a huge NASCAR fan but I can say that there has never been a situation where I said "holy crap the safety team sucks at that track". The track's teams do a more than reasonable job. For this type of fire even they didn't do so bad, they were basically unprepared for 200 gallons of jet fuel to be dumped on the track. Should they have been? Yeah, but the simple green safety team would not have been any more prepared for it either.

Don Quixote
02-29-12, 10:03 AM
I laughed.

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g364/stephenglansberg08/35kib7n.jpg

Tifosi24
02-29-12, 10:04 AM

I wondered if they called in the firefighters from Bogota they took so long...

As was said earlier, the wrong guy was leading the race. If Dale Jr. was leading the race when the explosion occurred, NASCAR would have ended the race.

BarillaGirl
03-03-12, 05:09 PM
Exactly. When the race commentators were chuckling at the "leaderboard" during the jet-fuel caution, I never expected that "those people" would be permitted to win.

Does anyone have a video clip of that part of the broadcast to back me up?