PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Aero Specs?

Andrew Longman
02-20-12, 10:45 PM
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-manufacturers-awaiting-aero-kit-regulations/P1/

Considering last I heard Dallara hadn't sorted out the 2012 oval package to make it safe to drive in anger, I guess they wanted to give them a head start.

trauma1
02-21-12, 12:45 AM
Erikson reinforced the collaborative method HPD will employ during the development of Honda’s aero kit. Although its partners at Wirth Research are known for its aerodynamic capabilities, Erickson explained how HPD—and even its IndyCar teams—will contribute in forming the final version of its 2013 bodywork.

Ask Marussia Virgin F1 how that worked out with total Wirth Research CFD:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

opinionated ow
02-21-12, 03:22 AM
beat me to it trauma1...was just about to suggest that Werth wasn't going to help much.

I just hope that when they release them they can get rid of the kardashians. Just strip it back to a monocoque and let them do whatever they like on top of and around that

Methanolandbrats
02-21-12, 08:34 AM
beat me to it trauma1...was just about to suggest that Werth wasn't going to help much.

I just hope that when they release them they can get rid of the kardashians. Just strip it back to a monocoque and let them do whatever they like on top of and around that

:thumbup:

Rogue Leader
02-21-12, 08:37 AM
I keep wondering how Nick Wirth keeps selling his bill of goods, he started out with Leyton House - March which was a bunch of real barn burners :rolleyes: . Then he started Simtek (we all know how that ended), and then he ends up at Benetton during the post-Chin years when everyone good left the team to join Ferrari. The closest thing he has had to a championship car was the Acura LMP1 which was competitive, but nothing special.

Adrian Newey he is not......

trauma1
02-21-12, 10:54 PM

Right now the sled has the areo properties of a concrete block with Jimmy Hoffa in the Jersey river;););)