PDA

View Full Version : Boris on the Pole at Sears Point

chop456
06-21-03, 08:58 AM
Fellows 4th, Pruett 19th :eek: , Johnny Miller 36th, Chrissy Fittipaldi takes a provisional, and PJ Jones puts that unstoppable Foyt Dodge back in it's rightful place. On the transporter. DNQville, baby.

I'd love to hear AJ's psychotic ramblings about "Parnelli's boy". :laugh:

One of 2 NASCAR races I actually enjoy watching.

RobGuru
06-21-03, 07:05 PM
Would love to see the Trans-Am guys finally win this race. Go with...

1. Said
2. Fellows
3. Pruett
4. Miller (due to great pit strategy)

Then, a lap down, everybody else!

Railbird
06-22-03, 08:52 AM
I can't believe that one of the few Nascar races I enjoy watching start to finish is scheduled head to head with a CART race. What a pain, the Glenn is usually on while I'm on the road at MO too.

Good to see Boris rise up for the occasion and a good deal for that team.

pchall
06-22-03, 12:11 PM
Did you folks notice all the NASCAR drivers whining about road racing last week? They even trotted out the "expense of building a road racing car" lie once more. As if they didn't already build superspeedway cars, speedway cars, and short track cars, and special cars for the Winston and goodness knows what else.

If some of those guys would just shut up and follow Boris Said around for a bit instead of punting him they might learn a little something.

Eagle104
06-22-03, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by pchall
If some of those guys would just shut up and follow Boris Said around for a bit instead of punting him......

The patented "Watkins Glen Late Race Oil Yellow" is still a viable option too, i'm sure, if all else fails.

Racewriter
06-22-03, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by pchall
Did you folks notice all the NASCAR drivers whining about road racing last week? They even trotted out the "expense of building a road racing car" lie once more. As if they didn't already build superspeedway cars, speedway cars, and short track cars, and special cars for the Winston and goodness knows what else.

If some of those guys would just shut up and follow Boris Said around for a bit instead of punting him they might learn a little something.

Some of 'em do. A roadracer usually finishes in the top five at Cup roadrace events. Suppose they learn anything from the Cup drivers who beat them - and have every time since the 1974 Winston Western 500?

chop456
06-22-03, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Racewriter
Some of 'em do. A roadracer usually finishes in the top five at Cup roadrace events. Suppose they learn anything from the Cup drivers who beat them - and have every time since the 1974 Winston Western 500?

Yes. Let the ones who are a lap down get through so they don't pull a punk bitch move and punt you while you're leading.

pchall
06-22-03, 12:47 PM
chop understands :)

Railbird
06-22-03, 01:56 PM
oh please guys, aren't you aware of the time honored Nascar tradition of the leader pulling over for a lapped car?

"Well Happy had a fresher set and that damn fool Gordon wouldn't let him by" or some other such nonsense right up there with racing back to the yellow and yellow flags for the invisible frenchman.

krunch
06-23-03, 04:46 AM
Congrats to Kayne Scott and the Petch motorsport team on a fine sixth place in their first race in the states.

Thought he was out of racing for good and was pleasantly surprised to see him kicking ass and breaking lap records in NZ this past summer.