PDA

View Full Version : ATHERTON: 2012 WILL BE A SEASON OF CHANGE

SurfaceUnits
02-06-12, 03:20 PM
A dynamic 2012 schedule, a new agreement with the Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO), and upgrades to its pioneering TV and digital package highlighted the annual State of the Series for the American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón. Scott Atherton, ALMS President and CEO, heralded the Series’ progress and growth in a number of key areas in 2011 and emphasized that even larger gains are coming next season for the world’s leading sports car championship.

“We’ve embraced change to drive progress because that is what’s at the heart of our sport’s reason for being,” Atherton said. “The American Le Mans Series represents the leading-edge of motorsports – not just in North America but around the globe. That will continue into 2012 and beyond as we continue to solidify the American Le Mans Series in a leadership position.”

The American Le Mans Series also will enter into the second year of its digital and broadcast partnership with ABC and ESPN. For 2012, four races will be televised live on ABC and ESPN2. As was the case in 2011, all Series races will be streamed live on ESPN3 – the fastest growing video platform on the web – and archived for on-demand viewing on ESPN3 and americanlemans.com. The American Le Mans Series is the first major racing series to make such a commitment to web-based television.

2012 American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón Schedule
March 17 Sebring International Raceway
Sebring, Fla. ABC (March 18)
April 14 Long Beach Street Circuit
Long Beach, Calif. ESPN2 (Live)
May 12 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Monterey, Calif. ESPN2 (May 13)
May/June TBD ESPN2
July 7 Lime Rock Park
Lakeville, Conn. ESPN2 (Live)
July 22 Mosport International Raceway
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada ESPN2 (Live)
Aug. 4 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
Lexington, Ohio ABC (Live)
Aug. 18 Road America
Elkhart Lake, Wis. ESPN2 (Aug. 19)
Sept. 1 Baltimore Street Circuit
Baltimore, Md. ABC (Sept. 2)
Sept./Oct. TBD ESPN2
Oct. 20 Petit Le Mans
Braselton, Ga. ABC (Oct. 21)

http://www.americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=news|16339

Methanolandbrats
02-06-12, 03:30 PM
A dynamic change would be to upgrade that **tty website. Is there a current list of entrants somewhere in that mess?

NismoZ
02-06-12, 03:48 PM
Uh Oh...a season of change? I've heard THAT before! Usually not a good thing. New venues. New teams. New cars. Bigger grids. More advertisers. More big name drivers. Grid girls. THOSE are changes. Not holding my breath.:(

nissan gtp
02-06-12, 05:58 PM
Embrace this:

Minimum road course race time should be 4 hours.
Don't add any more street races.
Fix the s***** TV package. At the very least, make ESPN3 available to everyone.
Needless to say, they need more prototypes.
Isn't VIR confirmed for the Sept/Oct slot ??

Rex Karz
02-06-12, 05:59 PM
"Dynamic" usually means "let's try SOMETHING to slow down the downward spriral and call it 'dynamic.'"

Methanolandbrats
02-06-12, 06:07 PM
The whole damn thing sounds vibrant to me. :gomer:

Gnam
02-06-12, 07:11 PM
Maybe a new class just for Delta wangs?

the weebler
02-06-12, 09:54 PM
Somehow they manage a TV "package" worse than IndyCar. That takes special effort.

cameraman
02-06-12, 10:28 PM
Another season of not watching the ALMS because I can't get ESPN3.

Indy
02-06-12, 11:27 PM
2012 is clearly a breakout year.

SurfaceUnits
02-07-12, 02:09 AM
Another season of not watching the ALMS because I can't get ESPN3.

whatsamatter, you drunkles and can't type www.espn3.com

here, my grandma will let you borrow her keyboard
http://www.asseenontvfrenzies.com/product_images/m/171/EZEYES__95699_zoom.jpg

or get your own
https://www.getezeyes.com/

cameraman
02-07-12, 04:28 AM
In order to access WatchESPN, you must receive your Internet service or, in some instances, your television service through one of the providers listed below

And if your isp isn't on the list you can't watch it, period.

grungex
02-08-12, 12:17 AM
And since my ISP isn't on the list, I can't watch it, period.

Trevor Longman
02-08-12, 02:50 AM
A dynamic change would be to upgrade that **tty website. Is there a current list of entrants somewhere in that mess?

I agree that website is ****. They said they're launching a new one next month prior to Sebring, of course they've had like 5 websites in 5 years and they've all been **** so it probably won't make a difference. :rolleyes: