PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl munchies...

stroker
02-04-12, 01:09 PM
Okay, let's hear 'em.

KLang
02-04-12, 01:18 PM
Alton Brown's wings again. Turned out well last year. :)

Although after my recent physical I had to buy no-fat low-salt wing sauce instead of making the traditional stuff. :(

Methanolandbrats
02-04-12, 01:55 PM

Although after my recent physical I had to buy no-fat low-salt wing sauce instead of making the traditional stuff. :(

Doctors are such negative ********s. Quit drinking beer, quit eating sausages, follow a low lipid diet, blah, blah, blah :gomer:

dando
02-04-12, 04:55 PM
Just making a batch of jambalaya and some queso dip for a munchie.

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
02-04-12, 05:13 PM
Going to a party.

Bringing a trough of Thai lime chicken sate with spicy cilantro coconut peanut sauce

Wifey making some sort of Greek lamb/turkey meatball pocket pita thingies with cucumber tzatziki sauce.

:D

We get invited to a lot of parties.

(Next up will be my gumbo and Trevor's keylime pie for the annual Daytona 500 party at the BIL)

Andrew Longman
02-04-12, 05:16 PM

Sure. Go with the no fat sauce since you surely also went with the skinless/faux veggie wings as well. ;)

KLang
02-04-12, 05:58 PM
Doctors are such negative ********s. Quit drinking beer, quit eating sausages, follow a low lipid diet, blah, blah, blah :gomer:

Not giving up beer, no way. :D

Sure. Go with the no fat sauce since you surely also went with the skinless/faux veggie wings as well. ;)

Alton's method of steaming before baking does a pretty good job of getting rid of most of the fat.

I quit smoking about 5 years ago. Had a stress test several months later and was told my heart was in great shape. Now, 5 smokeless years later, I still weigh about the same (slim) but my blood pressure is all over the place. :irked: Back to see the cardiologist this week.

Methanolandbrats
02-04-12, 06:16 PM
Ritz crackers and sardines for an appetizer. Then Tater tots cooked golden brown, little wienies impaled on toothpicks and dipped into a vat of molten Velveeta and jello with little marshmallows suspended inside.

Easy
02-04-12, 08:26 PM
Chipotle wings, corn muffin pigs in a blanket, from scratch vidalia onion dip, and pancetta wrapped, stuffed jalapeƱos. The girlfriend is an absolute assassin in the kitchen.

And oh yes, 16 y/o Glenlivet Nadurra, a growler each of IPA and Belgian strong from a local microbrewery, and whatever the guests bring. Good thing I took Monday morning off.

stroker
02-04-12, 10:11 PM
Ritz crackers and sardines for an appetizer. Then Tater tots cooked golden brown, little wienies impaled on toothpicks and dipped into a vat of molten Velveeta and jello with little marshmallows suspended inside.

DAMMIT!!! You're not supposed to tell ANYONE from outside the state of Wisconsin that! They'll suspend your Cheesehead card! X-nay on the Atwurst-bray, too!

:D

stroker
02-04-12, 10:12 PM
Wifey making some sort of Greek lamb/turkey meatball pocket pita thingies with cucumber tzatziki sauce.

This post is worthless without a recipe...

SteveH
02-04-12, 11:11 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d1/Easy_cheese2.jpg/487px-Easy_cheese2.jpg

Methanolandbrats
02-04-12, 11:19 PM
All you hosers posting gourmet gameplans are full of ****. You will come to, slurp coffee while you scratch your nuts and then you will order a pizza.

Andrew Longman
02-04-12, 11:59 PM
This post is worthless without a recipe...

Get your own Greek wife.

Or as I said we get invited to a lot of parties. :D

aportinga
02-08-12, 11:48 AM
Anyone want the best wing sauce ever just let me know... I've got 2 local bars serving it now it's so good!

Not my making mind you - but from a hole in the wall in the UP and it's good:p

Don Quixote
02-08-12, 01:21 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d1/Easy_cheese2.jpg/487px-Easy_cheese2.jpgElitist snob. What, is the store brand not good enough for you? :D