PDA

View Full Version : Off Camber Yahoo Fantasy NASCAR 2012

dcracer
01-30-12, 12:02 AM
Its that time of year again. Time to start thinking about your team for this years version of the Yahoo NASCAR fantasy league.

Same rules apply as in previous years... If you meet a player higher in points at the track (ANY form of motorsport) during the season, you are obligated to buy/provide for them a beverage of their liking. If they decline the offer, they forfeit the offer by default and no further action is necessary at that event weekend. (Thanks manic, you wrote it so much better that i did, so i borrowed your version :D)

Group ID#: 9081
Group Name: Off Camber
Group Password: ajallmendinger

dcracer
01-30-12, 12:06 AM
Here is the link to the fantasy racing home page.

http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto

manic mechanic
01-30-12, 12:45 AM
Rockin' deal, dc.

I "condensed" the original deal to a one-race, one-person deal due to the economy, but as things get better, if you meet #8-11 in points and you're 12th, it's only right that you should buy ALL of them a beer, but that's just me talkin'. ;)

ElliFIno is runnin' lean on E-10! :laugh:

Thanks for pulling the duty. Don't hesitate to backhand 'em if anyone oversteps your authority!! :rofl: (advice from a former commish...LOL!)

TRDfan
02-09-12, 10:27 PM
Turn 3 Racing is back for another round.

Need some more entries, only six so far.

Dvdb
02-24-12, 07:31 PM
In. Team TJB

Methanolandbrats
02-24-12, 09:13 PM
Gaping Starfish Racing is on the grid.

JLMannin
02-24-12, 09:38 PM
Team Cornball is in.

dcracer
02-25-12, 07:45 PM
Due to the peculiarities of qualifying at Daytona, there is still time to enter a team for the start of the season.

Deadline for entering a team for the Daytona 500 is 1:25pm EST on race day.

opinionated ow
02-26-12, 02:22 AM
Discombobulation Racing is back...

Dave99
02-29-12, 08:00 PM
As is Smiler Grogan :gomer:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/ZZYZXX13/smilergrogan1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/ZZYZXX13/smilergrogan2.jpg

trish
03-05-12, 08:01 AM
When I signed up I remember setting a roster, but it must have gotten deleted somehow. :irked:

manic mechanic
03-06-12, 01:59 AM
When I signed up I remember setting a roster, but it must have gotten deleted somehow. :irked:

remember to hit the "save roster" button at the bottom of the page, trish..

No shame involved.. I'm man enough to admit I've done it a time or two. ;)

BTW, WW and son appear to be absent, but by my math, 50% of the league's former champions are playing this year.

Just thoughts from the top of the grid (at present)

manic

opinionated ow
03-06-12, 05:46 AM
I'm not coming last!

Methanolandbrats
03-06-12, 09:35 AM
I'm not coming last!

I fergot to pick my necks last race, I'll bet I'm last.

emjaya
03-07-12, 08:57 AM
I fergot to pick my necks last race, I'll bet I'm last.

No, I believe that would be me. :irked:

trish
03-07-12, 10:28 AM
I didn't have picks for either race. It's me.

TravelGal
03-10-12, 09:06 PM
I didn't have picks for either race. It's me.

Don't worry, Trish, I didn't either. I just joined. I figger you folks who know about racin and rubbin should NOT come in last so I'll aim for that. I mean I thought I picked Casey Kahan (sp?) but I picked Matt Kenseth (sp?). I got them confused because their names are so similar. Bwaahaaahaaa. :shakehead But now I'm pizzed. I COULDA been a contenda!

TravelGal
03-11-12, 08:17 PM
So reshuffled my line up. I've read the points stuff several times and it doesn't make sense to me in relation to the (pitiful) number of points I got. Seriously, I am trying to make picks based on who won, average start/finish, etc. but I just realized that my lack of skill will bring down the overall team standing. If this is a concern, I'll see if dc can arrange a dnf for me.

trish
03-11-12, 08:33 PM
Don't worry, Trish, I didn't either. I just joined. I figger you folks who know about racin and rubbin should NOT come in last so I'll aim for that. I mean I thought I picked Casey Kahan (sp?) but I picked Matt Kenseth (sp?). I got them confused because their names are so similar. Bwaahaaahaaa. :shakehead But now I'm pizzed. I COULDA been a contenda!

I think we'll be able to catch up.

Brickman
03-20-12, 02:29 AM
As is Smiler Grogan :gomer:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/ZZYZXX13/smilergrogan1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/ZZYZXX13/smilergrogan2.jpg

:laugh:

Hence why In-N-Out's have crossed palm trees.

dcracer
05-22-12, 11:57 PM
Just a reminder that the deadline to select your drivers is May 24 2:00am PDT. This is a day earlier than usual.

TravelGal
05-23-12, 11:23 AM
I think we'll be able to catch up.

You're right, Trish. I'm moving on up. My new chant is, "We're number 10!" At least for the moment. Looking at the scores, I see I'm a solid mid-packer most weeks so watch out next year guys. If I start on time I could be a real threat. :rofl:

Thanks for the reminder dcracer but I always make my picks as soon as I get the email reminder. The downside to that is that someone might be out between then and the race and I wouldn't know. There is a limit to my NASCAR attention span, after all.

manic mechanic
09-09-12, 03:06 AM
The final10 before the "fabricated" chase, and our esteemed commishoner has the segment win.

Nicely done, sir! If you end up on the "left coast", LMK and I'll be one of the first in line vying for the shot at buying you a beer! ;)

This one is a "carryover" rule from the 7G days by our own racermike: :"IF you are at the track and you meet someone higher in points than you, you are obligsted to provide their choice of beverage"... I'll make it public.

Cheers, my friend! :thumbup:

TRDfan
09-09-12, 09:07 PM
I still have zero wins for the season, but came within a point at Richmond.

Maybe I can step up my game for the playoffs......or not.

TravelGal
09-09-12, 11:17 PM
I missed the first two completely because I registered late. Two weeks of zero points was hard to overcome even though I won 3 out of the next 4 :eek: Then I completely fizzled. I blame it all on a series of poor pit stops. Or a shoe on the track. Or because my attention was required elsewhere. I do make an effort but as a non-fan, sometimes it's more effort than I want to make. :gomer: Fun though. Thanks for letting me play along. :thumbup: Oh, and kudos to dc. I'll be right behind manic to buy that beverage of choice.

TravelGal
10-03-12, 08:59 AM
I guess the race for the cup hasn't grabbed all our players. A few guys aren't making your picks. C'mon. Even if you missed a few weeks so you won't win the chase, you can always look at your score week by week to see how you did and who you beat.