PDA

View Full Version : PT's Farewell Tour

SurfaceUnits
01-29-12, 02:27 PM
Yes, in front of nobody with fewer than nobody caring, PT will celebrate his farewell and he has TOney, among others, to thank :shakehead has jan shavers croaked yet?

Methanolandbrats
01-29-12, 02:40 PM
So, no IRL ride and the current Rolaids is his last race?

Rex Karz
01-29-12, 09:08 PM
I thought his farewell tour took place a couple of years ago.

TKGAngel
01-29-12, 09:13 PM
So, no IRL ride and the current Rolaids is his last race?

Close, but not quite. If he can pull together a full season ride with Michael Shank Racing in Indycar, 2012 is the end of his Indy career. Then he moves to sports cars. If the MSR ride doesn't happen, then he goes to sports cars right away.

dando
01-29-12, 09:30 PM
Close, but not quite. If he can pull together a full season ride with Michael Shank Racing in Indycar, 2012 is the end of his Indy career. Then he moves to sports cars. If the MSR ride doesn't happen, then he goes to sports cars right away.

Right. Shank is his rumored ride, but not finalized. My manager is friends with Shank.

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
01-29-12, 10:44 PM
Shank must have a lot of tubs and cash.

SurfaceUnits
01-29-12, 10:58 PM
the throngs of PT fans among all those buddie lazeer tshirts will be righteous

Spicoli
01-29-12, 11:15 PM
the throngs of PT fans among all those buddie lazeer tshirts will be righteous

no wherest i can get me a bubby lazer tshirt? wood gib good moneys fer dat.

:carharts and camo:

manic mechanic
01-29-12, 11:22 PM
Right. Shank is his rumored ride, but not finalized. My manager is friends with Shank.

-Kevin

If today is any indication of PT's fitness, Shank should look to someone who is CLOSER to their prime... both Friselle brothers out with cramps, and Shank has to go find a Turner BMW deiver to wheel the car for a shift or two. :shakehead

UNLESS, of course, PT is gonna points race in the EARL and wait for the flying car red-flags... (c'mon folks, we all know they happpen no matter what objection we raise)...

I hope that's not the case, but I mentioned sportscars to PT in 2008 (at LBGP), and he wasn't sure where he might fit in... 4 years later, it would be a fair shade better than getting into a DW12

SurfaceUnits
01-30-12, 02:40 AM
no wherest i can get me a bubby lazer tshirt? wood gib good moneys fer dat.

:carharts and camo:

you want the #91 Hemelgarn Racing special

you prolly already got a set of these,,, http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Indianapolis-Motor-Speedway-Indianapolis-500-Wine-Carafe-Buddy-Lazier-/260898830252?pt=US_Racing_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cbec837ac ,,,seeing as you are one of the hifaluttin people who chased all the common peoples away from indycar

Rex Karz
01-30-12, 08:25 AM
Buddy Lazer?

I here that a Gweg Way champeenship EARL t-shurt bringz in big buckz.

Gweg, after all, is the Tyger Woulds of racin.

Wheel-Nut
01-30-12, 03:52 PM
Paul Tracy still races?

Why?

Methanolandbrats
01-30-12, 04:43 PM
That Lazer wine carafe wuld make a dandy piss jug. :thumbup:

Rogue Leader
01-30-12, 04:51 PM
Paul Tracy still races?

Why?

For the few times he was out there the past couple of years when he has a good package he is still competitive such as at Edmonton and Toronto in 2010 and Texas last year. Its REALLY hard to be competitive though when you're not driving regularly, and don't have time to get into a groove with it.

If he gets a full time ride with a decent team like KV this year, I believe he can mix it up, maybe even win a race or two. Hes not gonna win any championships, but its not over yet for him.

Ziggy
01-30-12, 04:53 PM
Dear Tubcrusher

It's the IRL, nobody cares

see you COPS

Ziggy

dando
01-30-12, 05:02 PM
Shank must have a lot of tubs and cash.

Nope and nope. Supposedly PT is bringing $$$ with him. We'll see.

-Kevin

Easy
01-30-12, 08:07 PM
If today is any indication of PT's fitness, Shank should look to someone who is CLOSER to their prime... both Friselle brothers out with cramps, and Shank has to go find a Turner BMW deiver to wheel the car for a shift or two. :shakehead

UNLESS, of course, PT is gonna points race in the EARL and wait for the flying car red-flags... (c'mon folks, we all know they happpen no matter what objection we raise)...

I hope that's not the case, but I mentioned sportscars to PT in 2008 (at LBGP), and he wasn't sure where he might fit in... 4 years later, it would be a fair shade better than getting into a DW12

PT was fine physically, they had to get a sub because rules limit the amount of time a specific driver can spend in the car over the race and PT was near the limit.

Chief
01-30-12, 10:57 PM
Dear Tubcrusher

It's the IRL, nobody cares

see you COPS

Ziggy

Post of the year candidate :thumbup: :rofl: :p

datachicane
01-31-12, 03:14 AM
Huh, a bang and a whimper.

What a waste the last decade has been.

TedN
01-31-12, 07:27 AM
Tracy told the media at the 50th running of the Rolex 24 at Daytona that he is on the cusp of signing a full season deal with Michael Shank Racing in the 2012 IZOD IndyCar Series.

We have a car, we have a sponsor, but we need to put an engine package together,” Tracy said of the contract talks.

That may be a sticking point as MSR had been reported to be in line of one of the new Lotus engine packages that will debut in the IndyCar series this season.

Neat tie-in with Allmendinger.

Source (http://www.torontosun.com/2012/01/29/tracy-on-cusp-on-full-season-deal)

Ted

Methanolandbrats
01-31-12, 09:10 AM
If it works out, Tracy repeated what he told the Toronto Sun in October at Las Vegas Motor Speedway that it would be his final season in big time open wheel racing. :rofl:

NismoZ
01-31-12, 12:26 PM
Well, you know...compared to Spec Miata. Skip Barber? Maybe USF2000! No, MindyIndy is probably the best fit for him. Those others would be way too competitive. A season banging around in ICR then Rolex, if anyone would have him for more than 3 races. Does he know anyone he can hook up with for vintage racing? Oh, now we're back to Indy Car.:shakehead Maybe he should just stick to his bike. That's done him the most good in the last few years.

SurfaceUnits
02-09-12, 04:38 AM
rumor says they ain't gone to make it foir the opening round

Rogue Leader
04-03-12, 01:31 PM
rumor says they ain't gone to make it foir the opening round

Apparently they didn't make the first 2 rounds.

The shortage (and general crappiness) of the Lotus engines probably isn't helping. I'm not surprised Lotus is screwing this one up.

Ziggy
04-03-12, 03:30 PM
John Judd's excuse is he is Jack Brabham's age :irked:

Wheel-Nut
04-12-12, 02:30 PM
Let's get this farewell tribute started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KoCydUEu-Eg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbBMEcCDktE&feature=related

Wheel-Nut
04-12-12, 02:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dypzl-BBh08&feature=related

Methanolandbrats
04-12-12, 03:06 PM
The "good riddance, finally tour"

Wheel-Nut
04-12-12, 03:16 PM
Circus Clown :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5pBqFz0fXQ&feature=related

Chief
04-12-12, 04:07 PM
My fav.... LOL NSFW (audio contains profanity by TAGS)

pNOyDe4ugrw

NismoZ
04-12-12, 09:41 PM
Ahhh, the good ol' days!;)