PDA

View Full Version : Rolaids 24 Hour

Methanolandbrats
01-28-12, 10:02 AM
Last minute reason to root for the safer barrier

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/grand-am-marco-andretti-lands-last-minute-starworks-drive

the weebler
01-28-12, 05:06 PM
The Flying Lizard car has been mentioned once so far which is more than they were mentioned in the first five hours last year while they led the race.

Not that Grand Am would dictate what teams get mentions to SPEED or not. :)

NismoZ
01-28-12, 05:27 PM
Only 81 cars in yesterdays Conti Tire thing. Was disappointed to see the highest placed MazdaSpeed3 was only 27th, but that's FIRST in class!:cool: And 4-5, too.:thumbup:

NismoZ
01-28-12, 05:49 PM
Huh, Only 106 drivers in Porsches this year...and did I hear, ALL of their factory drivers? Have to pull for my ol' instructor from the Porsche school down at Barber...Andrew Davis, 1 or 2 in the #59 Brumos car. :thumbup:

NismoZ
01-28-12, 05:57 PM
Good, LORD! I think I want to buy a set of Kumhos! And take them to the beach.

the weebler
01-28-12, 06:21 PM
John Andretti is in this bitch! Finally a durt track hiro makes it to the big show. :rofl:

Methanolandbrats
01-28-12, 06:25 PM
I just flipped it on and the DPs are going through the chicane. I thought they looked kinda slow, but not that slow........turns out they were under caution :rofl: could hardly tell the difference. R8 is a nice looking car.

the weebler
01-28-12, 06:30 PM
One of the R8 cars just bit it. It's the Oryx car with the Muslim so it's all good. :thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
01-28-12, 06:35 PM
One of the R8 cars just bit it. It's the Oryx car with the Muslim so it's all good. :thumbup:

Seems like you are lost again.

EDwardo
01-28-12, 10:25 PM
Again?:rolleyes:

the weebler
01-28-12, 10:46 PM
Seems like you are lost again.

You have no idea. :)

Spicoli
01-29-12, 11:19 AM
You have no idea. :)

Pffffft

dando
01-29-12, 04:41 PM
Congrats to Mike Shank and team! Local team done good. :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Kevin

NismoZ
01-29-12, 07:50 PM
And AJ's career defining moment...side by side with a recognized master then going side TO side...and coming out ahead. Very heady stuff. The master didn't like it at all but other competitors were very impressed. Me too. Had mentioned in the "AJ To Penske" topic that I hadn't had fun watching 'Dinger since the Team Forsythe days. You can forget THAT one!

NismoZ
02-05-12, 01:54 PM
Whoa! Just saw the replay of the last few minutes of that Continental Tire Challenge race. With 1:34 to go Kleinubing was 3rd in the Speed3...and ended up winning...by about 36 inches! Looked like they were having a "good time" out there!:)

Methanolandbrats
02-05-12, 04:51 PM
Whoa! Just saw the replay of the last few minutes of that Continental Tire Challenge race. With 1:34 to go Kleinubing was 3rd in the Speed3...and ended up winning...by about 36 inches! Looked like they were having a "good time" out there!:)

That's a good series, lots of fun to watch at Road America last year. :thumbup:

Trevor Longman
02-05-12, 09:40 PM

My dad and I had a lot of fun watching them at VIR last year. I caught the end of the race yesterday and I agree they really put on a great show. Sure the draft helped a lot but all the cars are very evenly matched. Its kind of like an Americanized endurance version of BTCC in that respect.

NismoZ
02-06-12, 12:26 AM
Exactly what I was thinking as I watched BTCC and WTCC yesterday. Just really good competitive racing. RA is a certainty this summer.:thumbup: