PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else put the SCCA Nats on their calendar yet?

stroker
01-16-12, 10:16 PM
I did earlier today. I doubt I'll be able to go but it's about the only motorsports event that I have to look forward to anymore...

:(

Methanolandbrats
01-16-12, 11:06 PM
No. I'm sick of rich, fat guys pretending they are Senna, not gonna watch anymore of that **** either. I'm going to the BRIC, cab lights and ALMS.

gerhard911
01-16-12, 11:19 PM
Wait, what ? The BRIC isn't a buncha rich, fat guys ? :confused:

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but the only difference I see is one group wants to race, the other wants a parade :\

Methanolandbrats
01-16-12, 11:32 PM
Wait, what ? The BRIC isn't a buncha rich, fat guys ? :confused:

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but the only difference I see is one group wants to race, the other wants a parade :\

Exactly. The SCCA thinks they can race. The BRIC guys know the cars are too expensive to write off, so they sorta race. Therefore you get a priceless parade at the BRIC. I spent many years running an AX series in Midwest council and when we co-hosted events with the SCCA, they were a bunch of pricks, so I've had enough of those ****ers.

Napoleon
01-17-12, 06:48 AM
Yes I have and I hope to make some this year.

chop456
01-17-12, 07:22 AM
The BRIC guys know the cars are too expensive to write off, so they sorta race.

And sometimes they can't even do that.

http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/225453/fullsize/Vracing.jpg

Methanolandbrats
01-17-12, 10:29 AM
And sometimes they can't even do that.

http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/225453/fullsize/Vracing.jpg

That was awesome, I was standing right by the wall in the paddock. Biggest cloud of tire smoke I ever sawed :D That one was kinda expensive.

Corner5
01-17-12, 11:06 AM
Exactly. The SCCA thinks they can race. The BRIC guys know the cars are too expensive to write off, so they sorta race. Therefore you get a priceless parade at the BRIC. I spent many years running an AX series in Midwest council and when we co-hosted events with the SCCA, they were a bunch of pricks, so I've had enough of those ****ers.

I disagree about the racing, the SCCA finals on fri-sun have some really great racing as does the Bric, but both have some dogs too.

I do agree with the SCCA personal, they are a bunch of pricks with egos. As someone put it- "sometimes the SCCA club forgets that racing is a spectator sport." Very hostile. It's pathetic.

Methanolandbrats
01-17-12, 11:08 AM
I disagree about the racing, the SCCA finals on fri-sun have some really great racing as does the Bric, but both have some dogs too.

I do agree with the SCCA personal, they are a bunch of pricks with egos. As someone put it- "sometimes the SCCA club forgets that racing is a spectator sport." Very hostile. It's pathetic.

You are right, they do put on good racing, I just cannot stand to be around them anymore. I'll probably go.

Corner5
01-17-12, 11:14 AM
You are right, they do put on good racing, I just cannot stand to be around them anymore. I'll probably go.

We watched SCCA race all their races in the rain on Sunday last year, they didn't hold back. It was good.

Of course you'll go...;)

NismoZ
01-17-12, 12:58 PM
I never judged music by the looks or behavior of the people who created it. I just knew what sound pleased me. Even if somebody had a pointy chin and was a chopping bastard I had no problem admiring his skills and accomplishments, whatever the "music." For me, ESPECIALLY with the SCCA, it has always been about the sights and sounds. Just a spectator who never mixed with the organization. But I've heard stories :shakehead...Guess we can't all BE elitist but it's really easy to ACT like one.:). ( and, Geez, did you get that BRIC wreck pic from Mike Odell? I was only there Sat. and Sun. that year and when he sent me the pics he'd taken, I was floored! Kind of interesting to see familiar photos posted. If not his, they were taken from the EXACT SAME spot!)

NismoZ
01-17-12, 01:02 PM
Ooops, just saw the Supermotors credit at the bottom of that picture. Odell DOES sell some of his photos, so maybe...

Methanolandbrats
01-17-12, 03:59 PM
I kinda painted with too wide a brush there, of course there are good guys and good racing in the SCCA, I just have horrible flashbacks to when I was a tech inspector and a few arrogant *******s would lie about their cars and I would have to cross examine them to get the car in the proper class. It held up the line and screwed up the day for everyone involved. I just loved it when a guy told me his motor was stock and I saw a new head gasket sticking out, a header and the block was clean on a 15 year old car. Of course the fact that it would not idle and I smelled race gas were also clues. :mad: Another one told me he had "no suspension mods". I look under the car and poly bushings everywhere, shiny AR bars and coilovers :rofl: Just like the day it rolled off the factory floor. :gomer:

Napoleon
01-17-12, 04:43 PM
I kinda painted with too wide a brush there, of course there are good guys and good racing in the SCCA,

I raced in FV for something like 15 years and a better group of people you could not meet.

the weebler
01-17-12, 05:39 PM
I will be there. Gone both the previous years its been at Road America and had a great time all weekend.

MoCartt
01-17-12, 05:45 PM
I'm being surrounded by guys running various NASA cars. I might have to go check out one of their run-what-ya-brung races...and maybe their NATs at MidOhio late in the year.

Napoleon
01-18-12, 05:01 PM
I just noticed that SCCA CenDiv has a scheduled regional at the Milwaukee Mile the weekend of June 2-3 (the traditional date of the Indycar race following the 500).