PDA

View Full Version : New crapwagons

Spicoli
01-16-12, 05:36 PM
Oreo is at the test. Catch up the fine colleckshun of fotos and general disappointedness on his Facebook feed. There is some comedy gold on there.

Not much else goin on today.

morgahorse
01-16-12, 11:32 PM
They look like flying lawn darts.

Spicoli
01-16-12, 11:41 PM
They are flying lawn darts. Notice the throngs of people oohing and aaahing at the new craptastic wagon. :D

Indy
01-17-12, 07:58 AM
You know, some people are just trying to be encouraging for Oreo's sake. :laugh:

Ziggy
01-17-12, 08:26 AM
I'm more interested in what he had for lunch or what cool music he is enjoying

sellout:thumdown:

the weebler
01-18-12, 09:47 AM
This thread sure went quiet. :rofl:

Ripped
01-18-12, 10:08 AM
His latest post reads like something the delusional folks at TF would write. He is calling for anyone who onced loved anything about the sport to now fully support it so it can be healthy again. :shakehead:

Yeah John, that's how it works. It's the consumers responsibility to support an unwatchable product so the makers of that product can try to turn it into something watchable. Yep, that makes tons of sense. If it dies completely now I hope you all know the blood will be on your hands. :tony::gomer::tony::gomer:

Ziggy
01-18-12, 10:12 AM
He needs the job

Indy
01-18-12, 10:14 AM
Ripped, I think I was saying things like that about CCWS when I realized the gravity of the situation near the end. It is interesting that he went to Sebring, reported how positive and exciting it was, but now he goes on a rally-the-troops campaign. My guess would be he talked to some teams and heard how they really feel about the future (or lack thereof).

It sure smells like CCWS 2007, doesn't it?

Ripped
01-18-12, 10:19 AM
Ripped, I think I was saying things like that about CCWS when I realized the gravity of the situation near the end. It is interesting that he went to Sebring, reported how positive and exciting it was, but now he goes on a rally-the-troops campaign. My guess would be he talked to some teams and heard how they really feel about the future (or lack thereof).

It sure smells like CCWS 2007, doesn't it?

Yeah, originally I wrote that it sounded like something from CW or TF but I figured people wouldn't get it. I never supported the crap racing in CCWS once they were spec. That is just not top flight racing. :yuck:

I just can't believe Oreo is writing that crap. I suppose next we'll hear Gordon tow the company line. :saywhat: I'm kidding about that, that would signal the beginning of the apocalypse.

Ziggy
01-18-12, 10:38 AM
here's how it works (I imagine)

Do you want to be allowed onto the IMS grounds with credentials?

Then you better practice your RahRah's.

I love how it's the fans fault. As someone who bought tickets for almost 100 CART/Champcar races, I hearty "**** YOU DICKBAG" is in order. Quit telling me a **** sandwich tastes like steak.

Ziggy

Chief
01-18-12, 11:05 AM
The next thing I'm planning to write is an open letter to the Indy car community. It's time for the CART fans, the IRL fans, the USAC fans - in other words, everybody who once cared about Indy car racing - to put their simmering grudges aside and SUPPORT THE SPORT OF INDY CAR RACING AS IT EXISTS TODAY. Let's ALL grow up, people, and save the sport we all loved before it dies.

But, it's not the sport I loved...if it were, I'd still love it. Supporting the IRL today would be like being forced to marry your rapist.

Eff em all, they don't need us, they told us so many times. That's no grudge, that's fact...and why is this letter coming from Oreo and not Belskus/Bernard/ToNy/Crypt Keeper?

stroker
01-18-12, 11:08 AM
I wonder how much it costs to run a 30 second commercial on Wind Tunnel or the Speed Report...?

the weebler
01-18-12, 11:13 AM
Could it just be that maybe Oreo makes sense? Nah...it's got to be cause he's a lemming.

The same kind that blindly claims how garbage the current product is while never watching of course. :thumbup::rofl::gomer:

SteveH
01-18-12, 11:16 AM
here's how it works (I imagine)

Do you want to be allowed onto the IMS grounds with credentials?

Then you better practice your RahRah's.

I love how it's the fans fault. As someone who bought tickets for almost 100 CART/Champcar races, I hearty "**** YOU DICKBAG" is in order. Quit telling me a **** sandwich tastes like steak.

Ziggy

this :thumbup:

Single spec chassis, one step away from PPV TV coverage, rev-limited 575 horsepower, no Michigan, no Road America, no Phoenix......

Yeah, it's our fault for hating it.

Chief
01-18-12, 11:28 AM
Could it just be that maybe Oreo makes sense?
Makes sense about what?

MoCartt
01-18-12, 11:30 AM
Could it just be that maybe Oreo makes sense? Nah...it's got to be cause he's a lemming.

The same kind that blindly claims how garbage the current product is while never watching of course. :thumbup::rofl::gomer:

Keep telling yourself that. It might make it easier for you to accept what is.

Why does anyone care what anyone else thinks if they have such a disregard about what others liked in the past and how they react to it now?

Maybe they understand most of us better than they let on...but our attitudes get in their way of their trying to enjoy what Indycar is today.

I think that is the deal with Oreo (and others)...he knows the truth, but dammit...hearing it all the time takes away the cheap buzz he needs to get from it now.

Says more about him than it does about those that don't buy it.

Ziggy
01-18-12, 11:35 AM
Oh Mr Weebler you slay me with your rapier like intellect

enjoy your arse kissing sessions with those true believers

Andrew Longman
01-18-12, 11:47 AM
I just can't believe Oreo is writing that crap. That crap is all there is to write about.

The people who pay the bills have nothing left to offer. There is no other story.

If he was as harsh as the "truth" would dictate he would essentially be saying that it was his last column and because there is nothing left to write about and he is retiring.

Truth, yes, but it won't pay the mortgage.

the weebler
01-18-12, 11:48 AM
For years Oreo has been a tried and true "hater." The OP started this thread just for that reason.

Now he says one small thing about the car not being as bad as everyone thought it would be, and he's a lemming of the highest order! :saywhat:

The best is the tizzy everyone works up about a writer they claim is a sellout who writes about a sport no one cares about. Lol. :laugh:

the weebler
01-18-12, 11:49 AM
That crap is all there is to write about.

The people who pay the bills have nothing left to offer. There is no other story.

If he was as harsh as the "truth" would dictate he would essentially be saying that it was his last column and because there is nothing left to write about and he is retiring.

Truth, yes, but it won't pay the mortgage.

Hasn't he been doing that for the last decade? :shakehead

Andrew Longman
01-18-12, 11:50 AM
Hasn't he been doing that for the last decade? :shakeheadPoint?

the weebler
01-18-12, 11:53 AM
Point?

I already made mine.

Napoleon
01-18-12, 12:10 PM
Who is Oreo?

the weebler
01-18-12, 12:20 PM
Who is Oreo?

A brave beacon of light in stormy waters. :thumbup:

Chief
01-18-12, 12:24 PM
A brave beacon of light in stormy waters. :thumbup:
:rofl::gomer:

Andrew Longman
01-18-12, 12:25 PM
I already made mine.Sorry but you seem to contradict your post where you say he's been a tried and true hater. I'm confused about your message.

Ziggy
01-18-12, 12:47 PM
the only place he will even attempt a pot shot is for the social media slackjaw regime.

He will go anywhere Saint Dario dares to drive :gomer:

SurfaceUnits
01-18-12, 01:33 PM
Could it just be that maybe Oreo makes sense?

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqGb9dGZpCW-phsA4dcAG8LDr9o4xH2zFLoVuIItDRnO8yIxR0aQ,,,, because the fans never mattered before, why should Chief GAF now? But you are a gomer

the weebler
01-18-12, 03:15 PM
Sorry but you seem to contradict your post where you say he's been a tried and true hater. I'm confused about your message.

There's not much to be confused about. Oreo has been held aloft on a pillar as a bastion of truth and integrity as one who "gets it." Now as soon as he deviates from group think it's because he's a sell out. :rofl:

Thinking man's forum, indeed. Which one of you is Real Race Fan? :shakehead

John Oreovicz is the William Tecumseh Sherman of this war, a trailblazer.

High Sided
01-18-12, 03:47 PM
everyone here is a real race fan. you don't seem to get that indycar is not real racing. most here harbor a resentment to big to ever enjoy the comedy that indycar provides us fans who do enjoy the soap opera it has become.

Methanolandbrats
01-18-12, 04:12 PM
There's not much to be confused about. Oreo has been held aloft on a pillar as a bastion of truth and integrity as one who "gets it." Now as soon as he deviates from group think it's because he's a sell out. :rofl:

Thinking man's forum, indeed. Which one of you is Real Race Fan? :shakehead

John Oreovicz is the William Tecumseh Sherman of this war, a trailblazer.

Not this **** again.

stroker
01-18-12, 04:13 PM
nevermind

Chief
01-18-12, 04:25 PM
Then HE needs to write that article telling the world what he has seen and why he sees it. From my perspective, it's the same tired old IRL with a POS new car that hasn't shown itself worthy of fan interest.

They're only as good as their last accomplishment, and that was to kill Wheldon and blame the innocent fenceposts of the world for doing it. NEXT....

Andrew Longman
01-18-12, 04:38 PM
Thinking man's forum, indeed. Which one of you is Real Race Fan? :shakeheadI think that might be the sound of a rookie wearing out his welcome.

This thinking real race fan went I think ten races last year. One actually was an Indycar race.

This year much less likely. This car actually hasn't given me a single reason to prefer it over even the old one.

the weebler
01-18-12, 04:43 PM
I think that might be the sound of a rookie wearing out his welcome.

This thinking real race fan went I think ten races last year. One actually was an Indycar race.

This year much less likely. This car actually hasn't given me a single reason to prefer it over even the old one.

Even if IndyCar had come out with a 900hp with a turbocharged V8 in the back of a Reynard, these "real race fans" still would have said it was an abomination.

Cause nothing says real racing fans like supporting train track high jumping in the California sun!:yuck:

Michaelhatesfans
01-18-12, 04:56 PM
Cause nothing says real racing fans like supporting train track high jumping in the California sun!:yuck:

And yet you're still here...

SurfaceUnits
01-18-12, 04:58 PM
Cause nothing says real racing fans like supporting train track high jumping in the California sun!:yuck: they forgot the deadly fence posts at that one

SurfaceUnits
01-18-12, 05:00 PM
Even if IndyCar had come out with a 900hp with a turbocharged V8 in the back of a Reynard, IMS doesn't have the sense to do that, so it is a non-issue to real race fans, although they did give me a reason to go to a race now because I've got to laugh at that abomination is person

stroker
01-18-12, 05:41 PM
Even if IndyCar had come out with a 900hp with a turbocharged V8 in the back of a Reynard, these "real race fans" still would have said it was an abomination.

Spicoli
01-18-12, 07:16 PM
This thread is grate. :D. Glad to be of service.

Bottom line, the product sucks. Really sucks. It's not racing, it's garbage. Garbage the evidently no one wants to watch, sponsor or whatever. They keep blaming the fans, keep blaming everything but their leadership, their marketing, their visions, their product. All of it sucks. Indy is a ****ing joke anymore. No one cares outside some stupid gomers in Speedway. And even they are pissed. The sport is decimated, held alive only by some delusional billionaires.

It's trash racing for trashy people. Oreo knows that.

Ziggy is right, Oreo needs the job. His change of heart prolly came right about the time his "meeting" with IRL boss.:rolleyes:

Spicoli
01-18-12, 07:19 PM

You know what, you have convinced me I am wrong. I am now going to every irl race this year.
:gomer:

MoCartt
01-18-12, 07:51 PM

Still a spec series. Your key word is "a" Reynard with a 900 HP Honda turbo V8. Even if they could choose one of three of the old engines.

Bottom line...they are selling it as a first class, top shelf, professional racing series. Simple, act like one and make it so.

No more series controlled limits on suppliers and technology.

Write an open rule book.

Keep it all simple, clear and concise.

Allow some...no encourage...creativity.

Stand back and act like a sanctioning/control body and model after major sports operations.

Too much to ask?

:irked:

Gnam
01-18-12, 09:02 PM
I am now going to every irl race this year.
:gomer:

Some race fan you are. I'm only going to the Oval races! :tony:

Andrew Longman
01-18-12, 10:02 PM
Some race fan you are. I'm only going to the Oval races! :tony:

Races?

There is more than one?

I mean that matters?

skaven
01-18-12, 10:30 PM
It's been so long since I had to explain why I can't stomach the trip back to see family at the race, but one bullet point I always come back to was the diversity of cars (in addition to quality of drivers, teams, engineers, my affinity for road courses, etc. but that isn't the point of this question).

Is it true that in one year we had 5 chassis, 4 engines and 2 tires on the track at the same time?

Chassis - Reynard, Lola, Penske, Swift, Eagle
Engines - Honda, Toyota, Ford, Mercedes (even if the last two were badged)
Tires - Firestone, Goodyear

I seem to recall each combo had its own specialty. The Honda-Reynard was good on streets, the Lola-Ford was good on ovals, the Goodyears sucked but some teams could get them around an oval with respectable times and it was a real season-long battle to see which teams could strike when their equipment was "on" and stay out of trouble and get points at other venues where their equipment was less optimal. What year(s) was this?

This is my fall back argument when I am told (by weebler-types) I need to enjoy the "product." I've been spewing the same line for years (get back to me when you have x chassis, y engines and z tires on the track), so I'm asking you "real race fans" with too much time on your hands to fact check my argument.

Not that any of this matters as it is finally snowing. :)

nrc
01-18-12, 11:25 PM
Personal attacks deleted. Keep this thread on topic or I'll close it.

gerhard911
01-18-12, 11:35 PM

Bottom line, the product sucks. Really sucks. It's not racing, it's garbage. Garbage the evidently no one wants to watch, sponsor or whatever. They keep blaming the fans, keep blaming everything but their leadership, their marketing, their visions, their product. All of it sucks. Indy is a ****ing joke anymore. No one cares outside some stupid gomers in Speedway. And even they are pissed. The sport is decimated, held alive only by some delusional billionaires.

Ziggy is right, Oreo needs the job. His change of heart prolly came right about the time his "meeting" with IRL boss.:rolleyes:

:golfclap:

Sorachi Ace
01-19-12, 03:57 AM
http://jims_diecast.tripod.com/06oreo.jpg

SteveH
01-19-12, 04:24 AM

It's OK to blame some of the fans, jut not us. there some fans that gave been nothing but devicive. We know who they are and what they have done. It isn't all one sided,

Ziggy
01-19-12, 08:52 AM
I love the responses from a certain Alaskan jacktard on to why we should support this notion.

and is the weebler trying to make some crack about San Jose? I really doubt you could find 100 people on racing message boards that think this event had merit. By that time the damage was already done.

The entire thing is a joke. From engineering the new car to how they came about to selecting it to building the building. <crickets, and he is some super journalist? More people put stock into what Mike Hammer writes about.

Indy
01-19-12, 09:41 AM

Totally agree. But I will cut John a little slack. It wasn't too long ago that I was still hoping that somehow things could get better. We all gave up hope at different points in time. But no doubt having his income depend on it makes a difference.

MoCartt
01-19-12, 10:12 AM
Totally agree. But I will cut John a little slack. It wasn't too long ago that I was still hoping that somehow things could get better. We all gave up hope at different points in time. But no doubt having his income depend on it makes a difference.

I think a lot of folks incomes depended on the goings-on over the last 20 years.

Didn't seem to make many care for all those that lost jobs, dreams, etc. in all that time.

Sides had to be chosen, wars had to be won.

What's another casualty?

I think back on some of the criticism some of us took for not being all "moving on together now for the drivers and the teams" about this stuff back in early '08.

What has changed except it is even worse now?

I have a great memory. I also remembered 1978. It was a lot like 2010.

:\

BigIrlFan
01-19-12, 11:42 AM
ITs AmerCan ByGOlly

TheM boYS FOughT on THe bEEcheS of NOrman sO yoU FRuitTY cuPPErs CouLD SLam SOmeb UDs anD WaTCH eM WReck

YoU LOOsers wOUld BItCh IFn TOny GEOrge HUng yA wIth A NEw ROpe

Chief
01-19-12, 11:47 AM
Spicoli is 100% on with "keep blaming everything but their leadership". It's the sole reason the sport is in the shape it's in. Didn't hear much bragging about 350% ROI and hunEdreds of miLlions of sponsorship dollars rolling in in this new year, have we? How's that working out?

This is the same leadership that raised sanction fees for a product that sucks and expects the track ownership to pick up the bill for a product they can't sell. How'd that work out?

Don't forget, this is the same leadership that has the philosophy that free tix are better than pay ones, and track rentals w/o sanction fees (but a percentage of the gate) is a GOOD idea. How'd that work out?

That leadership has set this sport back 50+ years, almost to where the tumbleweeds are a rolling across them yard o' bricks again....How's that working out? Oreovicz can go pound sand...:thumdown:

NismoZ
01-19-12, 12:16 PM
You mean "investing" in crap is kind of like the "wasting" of precious time, energy and resources? Some people have figured that out.

Rex Karz
01-19-12, 01:24 PM
That leadership has set this sport back 50+ years, almost to where the tumbleweeds are a rolling across them yard o' bricks again....

The sooner this happens, the better.

Indy
01-20-12, 08:40 AM
They still have oodles of $$$ if they want to spend it. I think things may change when Mari is gone, but not before.

Methanolandbrats
01-20-12, 08:45 AM
Mindy cars could live a long time by going to the all street parade/event fan model which the curious, bored and stupid seem to be attracted to. They just have to find enough dimwitted city governments to put into the rotation.

Spicoli
01-20-12, 09:07 AM
Mindy cars could live a long time by going to the all street parade/event fan model which the curious, bored and stupid seem to be attracted to. They just have to find enough dimwitted city governments to put into the rotation.

pffft. no they wont. A talented IRL mid-packer/ass-dragger can wreck into a lot of things on a R/C. the concrete canyon provides many excellent opportunities to affect damages on multiple cars.:thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
01-20-12, 09:33 AM
pffft. no they wont. A talented IRL mid-packer/ass-dragger can wreck into a lot of things on a R/C. the concrete canyon provides many excellent opportunities to affect damages on multiple cars.:thumbup:

The new car is so slow that they will be low speed crashes minimizing the damage :gomer:

Spicoli
01-20-12, 09:57 AM
The new car is so slow that they will be low speed crashes minimizing the damage :gomer:

There's a lot of carbon fiber/maeebe its just plastic crap hanginbg off that front end.......opportunities abound brother.:D

emjaya
01-21-12, 01:07 AM

That won't work either. The curious, bored and stupid may come the first time, but unless the show is really worth watching, the curious will be bored and the bored will be so bored they won't be back the next year.

Then all you will be left with is the stupid and that's all you have now. Gomers.

Methanolandbrats
01-21-12, 09:59 AM
That won't work either. The curious, bored and stupid may come the first time, but unless the show is really worth watching, the curious will be bored and the bored will be so bored they won't be back the next year.

Then all you will be left with is the stupid and that's all you have now. Gomers.

So the end will come when they run out of cities.

the weebler
01-21-12, 02:50 PM
So the end will come when they run out of cities.

The end will never come. 100 years and counting. :thumbup:

Chief
01-21-12, 03:13 PM
$750Million and counting...something will run out.:thumbup:

Spicoli
01-21-12, 03:49 PM
$750Million and counting...something will run out.:thumbup:

___king Tony is circling the wagons here in Indy. The compound/gomertopia plans are drawn and all his critters are moving in. Assuming spatial Ed and the rest of the sloped foreheads procreate, and the demand for Clabber Girl stays high, the Byrds Fatateria 500 will continue.

Can't say the same for the hapless IRL tho....

Methanolandbrats
01-21-12, 04:04 PM

There was a reversal of trend in there someplace, see if you can figure out when.

the weebler
01-21-12, 04:56 PM
___king Tony is circling the wagons here in Indy. The compound/gomertopia plans are drawn and all his critters are moving in. Assuming spatial Ed and the rest of the sloped foreheads procreate, and the demand for Clabber Girl stays high, the Byrds Fatateria 500 will continue.

Can't say the same for the hapless IRL tho....

Is that the word down at Dawson's? Good to know. All hail King Tony! Randy is wasting time trying to replicate CART. It's about time someone take this in the right direction.

Rex Karz
01-21-12, 05:41 PM
This will only stop when the Gomertards cease dropping to their knees at the mention of the words "yard 'o bricks." Or when they hear the sound of a zipper opening.

But then again both sounds are the same thing anyway.

nrc
01-21-12, 05:44 PM
Is that the word down at Dawson's? Good to know. All hail King Tony! Randy is wasting time trying to replicate CART. It's about time someone take this in the right direction.

Are you lost?

Spicoli
01-21-12, 05:53 PM
Are you lost?

No, he's just a loser. :D

trauma1
01-21-12, 07:55 PM

If circling the septic tank is your idea of the right direction:tony::tony: then good, your in luck

Mary
01-22-12, 04:18 PM
I've been watching this thread for a while; I've long wondered if I should let go of the past and just take what is given as regards the AOW these days.

I just can't. Sorry.

Call me a hater, that's okay. I can't stand these people and have no intention of supporting anything they do. I've wondered about this more since they first got rid of TG but Dan Wheldon's death (and I was no fan; I never saw him run even one racing lap in anything) just hardened my resolve. I'll never watch AOW as long as these people run it. I don't have a vested interest in this; I'm a fan. They're going to have to win me back and it is going to take a h*ll of a lot more than a stupid, ugly, car to do so.

Mary