PDA

View Full Version : Gianpiero Moretti passes

Rogue Leader
01-15-12, 06:31 PM
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/sports-car-gianpiero-moretti-passes-away/

w3KYVKJ0LJU

Methanolandbrats
01-15-12, 06:43 PM
RIP, cool guy.

nrc
01-15-12, 07:20 PM
Ah rats. Moretti and the MOMO 935 Porsches were a fixture of sports car racing since we first became interested in racing. RIP Gianpiero Moretti.

I recall that his pasta cookouts in the IMSA paddock were always very popular. Must have been great pasta. :D

Methanolandbrats
01-15-12, 08:29 PM
Ah rats. Moretti and the MOMO 935 Porsches were a fixture of sports car racing since we first became interested in racing. RIP Gianpiero Moretti.

I recall that his pasta cookouts in the IMSA paddock were always very popular. Must have been great pasta. :D

Ya, I remember him with an apron covering his overalls flailing away at a giant stove next to a GTP car. :D

NismoZ
01-15-12, 09:24 PM
Amazing...I took a pic of him and that Penthouse Pet at RA...almost exactly the same! Must have been standing next to that photog...IF that was at RA. Yes those IMSA days were a lot of fun. Time marches on.

Methanolandbrats
01-15-12, 10:26 PM
It was at RA, I've got black and white and Kodachromes of all that stuff :D

NismoZ
01-16-12, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I certainly wasn't the ONLY one standing there with a camera that day...except I think I had the Pet in center frame not Gianpiero.:gomer: But I included the big MOMO logo!