Marketing genius?

You be the judge: mydouchebag.com

cameraman
01-09-12, 10:30 PM
wow.

I'm voting apocalypse...

Methanolandbrats
01-10-12, 12:40 AM
It's a sign that somebody is going to lose a lot of money on a stupid fraking idea.

TravelGal
01-10-12, 02:00 AM
And, again, when is Smack coming back? These threads are great there. Not so much here. IMHO, of course.

cameraman
01-10-12, 02:07 AM
My first reaction to the thread was wtf but then I followed the link which really left me going wtf for an entirely different reason. It really boggles the mind to think a group of designers and their financial backers ever thought that name was a good idea. Who on earth do they consider to be their target market?

Methanolandbrats
01-10-12, 09:06 AM
My first reaction to the thread was wtf but then I followed the link which really left me going wtf for an entirely different reason. It really boggles the mind to think a group of designers and their financial backers ever thought that name was a good idea. Who on earth do they consider to be their target market?

After six month target market = dollar store.

emjaya
01-10-12, 09:15 AM
Norwegian company, perhaps they aren't aware of what a douche bag is used for...

Developed as a collaboration between 150 skiers and the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, the Douchebag is the fusion of passion and needs.

Or maybe they do.

Andrew Longman
01-10-12, 10:14 AM
Marketing genius?I am decidedly not hip.

Nor am I a skier. Or extreme sports guy.

The product looks like it very well might be high quality and thoughtfully designed.

I assumed there must be another, hipper use of the term douchebag. Apparently not. "pretentious and sugar coated" seems to be the most common use. Not what I'd be going for.

Or maybe they are trying to rebrand the name with their own special meaning. Good luck with that -- even if it is more memorable than a lot of other terms they could have come up with.

I'd go with Shatbag -- perfectly designed and built to hold all your shat. But I'm not a marketing genius. :gomer: