PDA

View Full Version : Any Part of the US You Haven't Been but Would Like to?

racer2c
06-20-03, 03:27 PM
I'm not exactly a globe trotter by any means, but I've been around the US a bit. Although, there are some stops I would love to make someday.

The covered bases.

I've been all over the Mid-Atlantic and deep South. Atlanta, Columbia, Charleston, Macon, everywhere in FL. All the east coast beaches.

Was born in Kansas and did the whole mid-west thing as a kid, Indiana, Illinois went up north to Minnesota (Duluth). Did Michigan. Lived in Ohio for a spell. Did the Dakotas and Montana.
In my early 20's moved to New Orleans and tooled around Texas a bit, then moved to Phoenix and then out to LA for a while. I've been to Utah, Colorado.
Grew up in VA (metro DC) and we used to have a Summer cabin on Lake Champlaine in Vermont. I've done NYC, upper state, all over PA, NJ, WV, Tenn.

The uncovered bases.

I have never been to San Fransisco and that bothers me. Same with Seattle. Never went north of LA when I was in California.
I've never been to Boston either, but I've been around the north east.

tllips
06-20-03, 03:40 PM
I guess the number one place that I want to visit but have not yet visited would be New Orleans.

I've been to Boston, Maine, NYC, DC, Midwest, California (SF, LA, SD), Seattle, Yellowstone/Montana, Minn, Phoenix, Texas, Fla, Denver, Aspen, Lake Powell, UT, Vegas, Maui, Hawaii, Oahu and others I'm not thinking of right now.

I also would like to get to Portland, OR someday. (Maybe for the race in a few years.)

In Canada, I am dying to get to Banff/Lake Louise. And would like to get to the Maritime provinces sometime. I've been to Vancouver, Western Ontario, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City. (Loved every one of those places)

FLCARTfan
06-20-03, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by tllips
I also would like to get to Portland, OR someday. (Maybe for the race in a few years.)

I've always wanted to go to Oregon...

RacinM3
06-20-03, 05:13 PM
Alaska.

Lizzerd
06-20-03, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by RacinM3
Alaska.

Me too.

I've been to, starting from the West, LA (too many times), SF, Phoenix, Salt Lake City (beautiful), Dallas, Houston, and a lot more of Texas, Denver and surrounding mountains, parts of southern Missouri, Chicago, Atlanta, a few places in Florida, NYC, Boston, and a whold bunch of other places I've forgotten. I'm not including states I've driven through, but they don't really count.

In Canada, I've spent time in Montreal (go visit the "old city", very cool), and Vancouver (very beautiful too), but niether for a race, darn it. And spent a few days in Ottawa too.

Another place in the US that I want to see is the Grand Canyon.

mello
06-20-03, 08:00 PM
Hawaii and Alaska. I love the CA coast though. And San Francisco is a must see! I prefer Big Sur out there but SF is cool. I have done the San Diego all along that way but I am telling yah... Laguna.. Monterey Big Sur is out of this world. Plus there is a race there every year :)

mello
06-20-03, 08:03 PM
Opps forgot Maine. Always wanted to do that. I have been fortunate in traveling in my life. I guess.. right now. Most anyplace but cowtown.

cart7
06-20-03, 08:32 PM
Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine in the Fall. The Northwest. Fishing off the coast of Alaska and Canada's left coast. I'd also like to spend some time exploring the uperland of Michigan. :cool:

Warlock!
06-20-03, 08:54 PM
Toss in another vote for Alaske. The snowmobiling has got to be orgasmic at certain times of the year up there...

Warlock!

Hot Rod Otis
06-20-03, 09:26 PM
The Pacific Northwest, Montana and Colorado are 3 places I really wanna visit.

What I really want to do is move my @ss out West. I grew up in Indiana, and have lived the last 25 years or so in Maine and Western New York. I'm sick of the East Coast. I'm sick of the sh^tty weather, I'm sick of 6 month long winters, of summers that seem to last no more than a couple of weeks. GET ME THE #@*^ OUTTA HERE.!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

Cam
06-20-03, 11:00 PM
I bet you cant beat some of the podunk towms I have been to! Silver City NM..... Worthington ND.... Farmville NC..... Coshocton OH..... Oh wait.... :p

Sean O'Gorman
06-21-03, 12:50 AM
Anywhere but Parma.

rocket
06-21-03, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by RacinM3
Alaska.

My Dad lives up in Anchorage, I've never been there though, maybe 2005, the big trip in 04 is a trip to Los Cabos with my daughter for spring break.......maybe my Dad will put a group of us up in Alaska.:D

cartmanoz
06-23-03, 07:10 AM
Anywhere. I've never been...

Well, perhaps there are some areas I'd choose not to visit.

WickerBill
06-23-03, 07:20 AM
I'd suggest you don't visit Detroit.

"The Disneyland of Death"

Napoleon
06-23-03, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by WickerBill
I'd suggest you don't visit Detroit.

"The Disneyland of Death"

Ugliest city I have ever been in (although Gary, which I have only been through on the highway impresses me as the armpit of America).

RaceGrrl
06-23-03, 09:12 AM
My parents took us on great road trip vacations when I was a kid. Let me just say that any parent who takes 4 kids across country once is a saint. Doing it twice is just insane. I've been through most of the US, but I've never been to Hawaii, Alaska or the Pacific Northwest, and I've never been to New England.

Before I'm old and grey (okay... before I'm grey) I'd like to be able to say that I've visited all 50 states.

JoeBob
06-23-03, 11:03 AM
I'd just like to say that I'm amazed that nobody has answered this: [insert name of extremely attractive person here]'s bedroom.

Sean O'Gorman
06-23-03, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by JoeBob
I'd just like to say that I'm amazed that nobody has answered this: [insert name of extremely attractive person here]'s bedroom.

Why would anyone want to visit me? :D :saywhat:

Turn7
06-23-03, 05:45 PM
The part of the U.S. that I would like to visit someday would be Canada.:D :p

rabbit
06-23-03, 05:52 PM
Any Part of the US You Haven't Been but Would Like to?

Long Beach, Calif.
Monterey, Calif.
Fontana, Calif.
Portland, Ore.
Elkhart Lake, Wisc.
Milwaukee, Wisc.
St. Petersburg, Fla.
Miami, Fla.
Denver, Colo.

I think that about covers it. :cool:

mello
06-23-03, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by rabbit

Long Beach, Calif.
Monterey, Calif.
Fontana, Calif.
Portland, Ore.
Elkhart Lake, Wisc.
Milwaukee, Wisc.
St. Petersburg, Fla.
Miami, Fla.
Denver, Colo.

Awww that is cool rabbit :)

nz_climber
06-23-03, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by rabbit

Long Beach, Calif.
Monterey, Calif.
Fontana, Calif.
Portland, Ore.
Elkhart Lake, Wisc.
Milwaukee, Wisc.
St. Petersburg, Fla.
Miami, Fla.
Denver, Colo.

Yeah that would be my list too :)

RaceChic
06-24-03, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Turn7
The part of the U.S. that I would like to visit someday would be Canada.:D :p

Well since we are all American according to the revision of the vision.........

Quote:
"Gil, Helio, Tony, Airton, all the Brazil guy's are American. Granted they are South American, but they are American. I can root for them after all. So they speak funny, so does most of my father's side of the family whom are from the south of North America" :rofl:

Ankf00
06-24-03, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by JoeBob
Elle McPherson's bedroom.
but I suppose WA, or OR would suffice :)
how's that?