PDA

View Full Version : Mikey andretti on Trumps show

Spicoli
01-04-12, 06:45 PM
Local news says he's going on celebrity apprentice.
Have not watched that show, but can't imagine a better couple of roommates.

Michaelhatesfans
01-04-12, 06:49 PM
Helio was too busy?

Methanolandbrats
01-04-12, 07:24 PM
I do knot have the stomach for those two *******s together. :yuck:

TKGAngel
01-04-12, 08:13 PM
Entertainment Weekly said it was Marco that was participating. I guess they mixed up their Andretti spawn.

I can't figure out what's more awkward on this page (http://www.nbc.com/the-apprentice/candidates/michael-andretti/): his biography or the photo.

Methanolandbrats
01-04-12, 08:24 PM
WTF, he is the most winning owner in Indycar history and the most most successful CART driver of all time?

High Sided
01-04-12, 08:54 PM
Entertainment Weekly said it was Marco that was participating. I guess they mixed up their Andretti spawn.

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=7424691
"When you watch the first episode, you'll see me show up late," said Michael Andretti, who has won the third-most Indy car races (42) in history and was in New York for the official announcement. "My son was to do the show, but with the death of his close friend Dan Wheldon in the Las Vegas race and Marco's grandfather, Vito Spinozzi Sr., dying in October, I went in his place."

Michaelhatesfans
01-05-12, 03:43 AM
I can't figure out what's more awkward on this page (http://www.nbc.com/the-apprentice/candidates/michael-andretti/): his biography or the photo.

Shows what they know. Not a word about his illustrious F1 career?

Ziggy
01-05-12, 08:27 AM
Yeah, the trend since the Earl's inception has been to flip flop on stats to make for better copy.

I don't know if he is or is not the winningest Earl car owner, as the general public, along with myself, find it irrelevant.

Oh, and Marco Whinedretti is a total flop.

MoCartt
01-05-12, 08:45 AM
Oh, and Marco Whinedretti is a total flop.

Oh yeah...he's a son of a a son of a famous driber that carries on that Indy tradition...that isn't as traditional as it used to be. So that makes him famous to gomer fans state wide!

:gomer:

Indy
01-05-12, 10:04 AM
How did they get Trump and Andretti's heads in the same room?

Michaelhatesfans
01-05-12, 10:35 AM

Michael said that he doesn't need to be there for the whole show, he'll just fly in for the last ten minutes and then wonder how it all went wrong.

Ripped
01-05-12, 10:39 AM
Michael said that he doesn't need to be there for the whole show, he'll just fly in for the last ten minutes and then wonder how it all went wrong.

That is brilliant!!! :rofl::laugh::rofl:

Elmo T
01-05-12, 10:42 AM
Aside from the obvious jokes, is there some sort of Versus -> NBC Sports Network connection -> this in an NBC show connection??

And Penn Jillette calls BS:

Jillette: 'Apprentice' is 'an improvised soap opera' (http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/jillette_apprentice_is_an_improvised_PsQlDk4bJBCv9 mGlsuftWP)

Donald Trump’s boardroom competition is “an improvised soap opera,” the Las Vegas entertainer says. “It is really funny to see people that you know acting unpleasantly just because there are TV cameras on.”

Well, Mikey DOES has practice with being unpleasant on camera. :rolleyes:

TKGAngel
01-05-12, 12:18 PM
Aside from the obvious jokes, is there some sort of Versus -> NBC Sports Network connection -> this in an NBC show connection??

That's what I'm thinking.

I wonder what the reality tv version of "Andretti slows on the backstretch" is?

MoCartt
01-05-12, 12:23 PM
:yuck:

Too many bozos on that bus!

Rex Karz
01-05-12, 01:39 PM
When DaDa Lite gets fired by The Donald, he'll say its someone else's fault.

G.
01-05-12, 01:50 PM

That is brilliant!!! :rofl::laugh::rofl:

Yep! :laugh:

the weebler
01-05-12, 02:10 PM
Will he be expected to run a women's hat company?

Napoleon
01-05-12, 02:16 PM

Wow, only Jan 5 and we already have a contender for post of the year.

Indy
01-06-12, 08:52 AM

:rofl:

Napoleon
02-10-12, 08:13 AM
A reminder, the first show is this Sunday 2/12 at 9pm Eastern.

Napoleon
02-10-12, 11:57 AM
Hey, something just occured to me. I have no idea how to start a poll here or how Celebrity Apprentice works (I assume one or more people are eliminated on a weekly basis) but if someone else here does it would make for a great thread to vote on how long he last or otherwise pick how long he last.

Just an idea.

High Sided
02-10-12, 04:51 PM
You're a week early. show starts sunday, feb 19th.. 2 hour fear factor this sunday. guess nbc doesn't mind paying joe rogans pot smoking tab :gomer:

language alert
gcjlYSSgXbE

nissan gtp
02-10-12, 09:04 PM

post of the year so far :rofl:

TravelGal
02-11-12, 01:29 AM

That's a question for the ages. Unbelievable.

Methanolandbrats
02-11-12, 01:31 AM

No ****. The only positive outcome of that would be if the building exploded.

Elmo T
04-02-12, 12:49 PM
So I see a Celebrity Apprentice blurb on the news and I recalled this thread. I've heard nothing about Andretti the Lesser on the show - though maybe I am not looking in the right places. ;)

Not sure if he was "fired" or not, I pulled up the show's website and read this gem (http://www.nbc.com/the-apprentice/celebrities/michael-andretti/):

Michael Andretti, son of racing legend Mario Andretti, has the third most wins of any driver in IndyCar history with 42 victories, and he led 6,702 Indy car laps during his career. Currently, Andretti is the Chairman, President and CEO of Andretti Autosport and runs two full-time driver programs in the IndyCar series, where he has been equally successful as an owner - he is the most winning team owner in IndyCar history.

Is this even close to correct? Revisionist history? Semantics?

Methanolandbrats
04-02-12, 01:18 PM
^^^Promo from the Trump show, hell, it's gotta be true :D

Rogue Leader
04-02-12, 01:28 PM
Well personally he is in 3rd place in all time wins.

As for as a team owner, if you look specifically at Indycar/IRL I guess its possible, there was a long period of time where AA was the only team winning anything but that ended around 2007 when everyone went Honda and they lost their advantage of being the Honda "factory" team. Maybe if they count everything from as far back as when it was Forsythe Green in CART, but if you did that you'd have to compare it to Penske and Ganassi for example and theres no way they are higher than them.

I'd say its likely to be revisionist history.

Rocketdoc
04-02-12, 02:32 PM

Yeah, but they failed to say how much of a prick he is and that he sired a classic whiner son.

trish
04-02-12, 05:36 PM
Michael was fired for not stepping up for the Buick project.