PDA

View Full Version : best apps?

G.
12-27-11, 04:07 PM
Now that Santa brought us all many Androids and iThings, what are your favorite Apps for them?

Pandora is always good.

Astro file manager. Docs to Go. Android app killer.

Got to have Angry Birds, just to have a new look on a very old game engine.

Best browser? Firefox never did work well when I loaded it on android about a year ago, I assume they've fixed it by now. I'm running native Android on tablet, Safari on iPad2, Chrome on android phone. Chrome seems to be the best to me (maybe because I've been using it the longest).

Any paid apps that you are very happy with?
Best paid racing game?

Games?
Computer utilities?
Productivity?
Platform?

WickerBill
12-27-11, 04:32 PM
PerfectRSS is sweet if you're a Google Reader type person. I play words with friends far too much. Overdrive is cool for checking out books from the library (check with your local library for availability). LogMeIn has a free app, for now, that allows for remote control of your PC from your tablet. IheartRadio is OK.

devilmaster
12-27-11, 05:21 PM
kindle for android is good. mosstly because of all the free classics you can get from amazon... sherlock holmes, tale of two cities, dracula, etc.etc.etc.

Since its a work phone, I also have all the restaurant review apps... yelp, urbanspoon, tripadvisor etc.etc.

shazam is good for audio tagging music...

get dildroid. just get it. :rofl:

devilmaster
12-27-11, 05:26 PM
umm, games wise...

Angry birds of course

drag racing is a good one, just for the selection of cars and ability to upgrade them

been playing contract killer lately, which is decent in the silent sniper video game genre...

i have a crib and chess app as well for really boring times.

I forgot to mention... yelp has a monocle feature.... use it when your looking for restaurants, and while you move your phone in a different direction, it overlays nearby restaurants on the screen as the crow flies with distances and reviews.

TKGAngel
12-27-11, 05:43 PM
kindle for android is good. mosstly because of all the free classics you can get from amazon... sherlock holmes, tale of two cities, dracula, etc.etc.etc.

Same thing with iBooks on the iPad. Most of the classics are free. Just beware a lot of the "contemporary" fiction that's free. There's A LOT of not-so-good "books" out there. :yuck:

As for social networking, I use Tweetdeck on my droid and Twitterrific on the iPad & iPod. Both are pretty good.

cameraman
12-27-11, 08:29 PM
for the iApps my seven year old son will vouch for:

Where's My Water?
Life of George (requires a Lego set)
Fruit Ninja
And all flavors of Angry Birds...

Spicoli
12-28-11, 12:24 AM
Shazam is a must have. Ever hear a great song while you are wandering around the local Victorias Secrets store? Fire up Shazam, it listens, matches and bang, you get the artist title, and a quick link if you wanna buy that song, album, whatever.

Tower Madness is more addicting than Angry Birders.

The Joe Pesci sez app is perfect.

TeleNav.

Andrew Longman
12-28-11, 11:07 AM
Star walk. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/star-walk-for-ipad-interactive/id363486802?mt=8

Crew here should really love it. :D

Pilgrims Drop
12-28-11, 11:10 AM
Grand Prix Story - Android :thumbup:

SteveH
12-28-11, 11:20 AM
Real Racing HD - iPad2

Can display on your TV if you have the HDMI adaptor

RusH
12-29-11, 10:19 PM
useful apps..or at least have my interest

brightest flashlight
carddiograph
fligghtview
liveatc
google music
news360
radar now
tunein radio (this one is good)
voxer
yellowbook
zedge

gjc2
12-30-11, 08:41 AM
A few months ago I bought myself an iPad II, non G3 version. It was my first ever Apple product.
Some of the apps I’ve downloaded that I like are an astronomy program called “Pocket Universe” and a radio scanner app called “5-0 Radio”, but the app I use most is one offered by my cable company (Cablevision) that lets me watch TV on my devise while on my home network (which has helped maintain domestic tranquility).