PDA

View Full Version : Causation, correlation, and all that

datachicane
12-19-11, 01:00 AM
http://images.businessweek.com/cms/2011-11-30/etc_correlation50__01__960.jpg

Spicoli
12-19-11, 01:16 AM
:thumbup:thaqt is awesome. and i am only kinda drunk.

Napoleon
12-19-11, 05:59 PM
I recall reading at some point that Patrick Moynihan would make the same point by, correctly, noting that the closer an American lived to the Canadian border the more likely they would be literate (or something along those lines, it was some type of educational achievement) and therefore in order to increase American's literacy we should move everyone closer to the Canadian border.

nissan gtp
12-19-11, 06:08 PM
I recall reading at some point that Patrick Moynihan would make the same point by, correctly, noting that the closer an American lived to the Canadian border the more likely they would be literate (or something along those lines, it was some type of educational achievement) and therefore in order to increase American's literacy we should move everyone closer to the Canadian border.

could be true, we'd be further from Florida and Texas :D

Rex Karz
12-19-11, 06:10 PM
But if all Americans moved to Canada, wouldn't they then all become stupid Canadians? :gomer: :tony:

Methanolandbrats
12-19-11, 06:28 PM
could be true, we'd be further from Florida and Texas :D

It's for sure true. Starting at the Gulf of Mexico and heading north, fat and stupid decreases.

Elmo T
12-19-11, 07:54 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/hvoy01.jpg

Ankf00
12-19-11, 08:04 PM
It's for sure true. Starting at the Gulf of Mexico and heading north, fat and stupid decreases.

nothing says "less fat" like wisconsin :gomer:

SurfaceUnits
12-19-11, 08:50 PM

I own three moving companies in the southeast and we specialize in helping yankees go home. Does that count?

actually, if you could put jerry Springer out of business, that would indicate grate cultural progress.

Ripped
12-19-11, 08:52 PM
nothing says "less fat" like wisconsin :gomer:

Hey!!! Easy on us cheeseheads! We had a bad weekend.:irked:

Andrew Longman
12-19-11, 08:55 PM
It's for sure true. Starting at the Gulf of Mexico and heading north, fat and stupid decreases.I want to take that as a solid knock on the SEC, Big 12, academic standards and the destruction of college football.

Just to pizz off Ank. :D

SurfaceUnits
12-19-11, 08:58 PM
I want to take that as a solid knock on the SEC, Big 12, academic standards and the destruction of college football.

Just to pizz off Ank. :D

Newton and Tebow will never be pro QBs

opinionated ow
12-19-11, 10:20 PM

There are exceptions...ever been to indiana? ;) :p

Don Quixote
12-19-11, 10:26 PM
There are exceptions...ever been to indiana? ;) :poHIo would be another notable exception. Just sayin.