PDA

View Full Version : Golden COrral Chocolate Fountain

Methanolandbrats
12-18-11, 11:14 PM
YUM!. An endless river of warm chocolate laced with boogers, skin cells, snot, a band-aid or two and who knows what the **** else. :yuck: Ya know every kid who walks in there picks his nose, digs in his ass and sticks his finger in that thing. The ad says stick anything you want to in it :thumbup: How the hell is it even legal. Any of you gourmets tried it out? :D

Andrew Longman
12-18-11, 11:57 PM
You're asking about something at Golden Corral?

The boogers might be most nutritious thing in the joint.

Indy
12-18-11, 11:57 PM
Please tell me you didn't go to Golden Corral.

G.
12-18-11, 11:59 PM
I'm sure they chlorinate it.

:saywhat:

Michaelhatesfans
12-19-11, 12:34 AM
This is one of those times I'm quite happy to not know what the hell you guys are talking about.:thumbup:

cameraman
12-19-11, 12:39 AM
There are a few scattered around the state but I'm happy to say I have no idea where they are.

Spicoli
12-19-11, 01:17 AM
YUM!. An endless river of warm chocolate laced with boogers, skin cells, snot, a band-aid or two and who knows what the **** else. :yuck: Ya know every kid who walks in there picks his nose, digs in his ass and sticks his finger in that thing. The ad says stick anything you want to in it :thumbup: How the hell is it even legal. Any of you gourmets tried it out? :D

pffft. johnathon byrds fatateria has the best booger fountain.

axe super D. :thumbup:

rosawendel
12-19-11, 03:15 AM
meh. it's like a ball pit for the grandparent set.

Lux Interior
12-19-11, 07:12 AM
There are very few places where I just refuse to eat. Golden Corral is one of them.

Methanolandbrats
12-19-11, 10:03 AM
I sawed it on a SPEED tv ad and wondered WTF? Bob Varsha was pimping it and seemed uncomfortable. And no, I do not dine there.

dando
12-19-11, 10:48 AM
First thing first, we're called foodies. :gomer: Secondly, 'chocolate' fountains are evil. Period. They use oil to thin the chocolate to flow properly. I know because we have one, and it takes ~ a cup of oil to even get premium Belgian chocolate to flow properly. :saywhat: And we only use it once a year for Xmas Eve since the wife's cousin folk like it. Thankfully this year they won't be here, so we're doing mousse instead (or as the wifey put it in e-mail mouse). :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
12-19-11, 11:18 AM
First thing first, we're called foodies. :gomer: Secondly, 'chocolate' fountains are evil. Period. They use oil to thin the chocolate to flow properly. I know because we have one, and it takes ~ a cup of oil to even get premium Belgian chocolate to flow properly. :saywhat: And we only use it once a year for Xmas Eve since the wife's cousin folk like it. Thankfully this year they won't be here, so we're doing mousse instead (or as the wifey put it in e-mail mouse). :gomer:

-KevinAt least when you have your own, you are only eating your family's boogers and not some stranger's. :)

chop456
12-19-11, 11:23 AM
The parking lot at the only GC I know of is always full. As long as there are fat, middle class people, I suspect it will be. Ugh.

Years ago, my ex-boss took me to Sizzler. :saywhat: Apparently the all you can eat everything was a new concept back then. There were 2 enormously fat guys sitting at a 6-person round table with mountains of dirty plates and a battery powered 9-inch b/w TV on their table. :laugh::rofl::laugh:

And yes, I could stand to lose a few dozen, but these slobs made me look like Kate Moss.

But prettier.

Methanolandbrats
12-19-11, 11:30 AM

-Kevin
Foodie buys a chocolate fountain :rofl: Screw the mooose, build one of these bad boys http://www.marthastewart.com/354925/buche-de-noel

chop456
12-19-11, 11:33 AM
build one of these bad boys http://www.marthastewart.com/354925/buche-de-noel

My genoise did not rise properly.

Boy, if I had a nickel for every time...

dando
12-19-11, 11:56 AM
Foodie buys a chocolate fountain :rofl:

'twas to entertain the kiddies (~10 of them DDs and cuzins). I don't touch the stuff with 10' straw. Or as I tell wifey...I don't eat sweets because I'm sweet enough as I am. :gomer:

-Kevin

TrueBrit
12-19-11, 04:08 PM
And yes, I could stand to lose a few dozen, but these slobs made me look like Kate Moss.
But prettier.

Not by much though...;):D

Anteater
12-20-11, 11:56 PM
I'm happy to report that the closest Golden Corral is 95 miles away from me, which explains why I'd never heard of them until I saw one of their ads on SpeedTV. :yuck:

Rex Karz
12-21-11, 08:16 AM
Inn inDIanner do they dunK tEnderloinz in khocolate two?

Indy
12-21-11, 08:42 AM
Only at Jonathon Byrd's. And you have to use a marshmallow roasting stick to get your tennerloin into the chocolate, since your belly is too big to let you get up close. :gomer:

Elmo T
12-21-11, 09:37 AM
I think closest GC is in NJ or Philly. Not on my "to do" list. :saywhat:

We did see the scourge of Old Country Buffets (aka OCB). Every time I drove past, there was a line - and by line I mean folks standing in a line around and down the side of the building. :shakehead

And speaking of food on sticks, we also have The Melting Pot. Now I get to pay for my food AND I have to cook it?

chop456
12-21-11, 10:04 AM
And speaking of food on sticks, we also have The Melting Pot. Now I get to pay for my food AND I have to cook it?

Wife made me take her there once. It was $200 and utter ****. I've had better meals ordering from the dollar menu.

Elmo T
12-21-11, 10:48 AM
Wife made me take her there once. It was $200 and utter ****..

I have a $50 gift card for Melting Pot - never used it. I was told it wouldn't even cover dessert after a movie. :rolleyes:

KLang
12-21-11, 10:54 AM
Don't think I've ever had the pleasure :saywhat: of trying out Golden Corral. I recall long ago a chain called Ponderosa Steak House that didn't completely suck. No chocolate fountain that I can remember though.

Methanolandbrats
12-21-11, 11:09 AM
Wife made me take her there once. It was $200 and utter ****. I've had better meals ordering from the dollar menu.

So you are not going back? :D

WickerBill
12-21-11, 12:05 PM
Don't think I've ever had the pleasure :saywhat: of trying out Golden Corral. I recall long ago a chain called Ponderosa Steak House that didn't completely suck. No chocolate fountain that I can remember though.

There are still Ponderosas around here and there... the one where I had my first job is still going strong (Thompson and Emerson on Indy's SE side). I cooked for four years there. Let me tell you, it was a big day in history when we went from getting USDA Commercial all the way up to USDA Select meats. For those who don't know, the grading system goes something like this:

Prime, Choice, Select, Standard, Commercial, Utility, and Cutter. I think Utility is mostly snout and anus, so at least Pondo was always one level above that.

Don Quixote
12-21-11, 02:14 PM
yum. I loves me some snout and anus.

gerhard911
12-21-11, 03:11 PM
You DO realize the topic is food, not sex :eek:

Don Quixote
12-21-11, 03:28 PM
nevermind then. :D

Methanolandbrats
12-21-11, 04:00 PM
yum. I loves me some snout and anus.

Don't get the order reversed.

cameraman
12-21-11, 04:46 PM
We have a Melting Pot here, I don't get it either. It cost a fortune, wasn't all that good and the SLC location had a child abuse/homicide in the kitchen:saywhat:

All the way around I'll pass.

the weebler
12-21-11, 09:47 PM
The Golden Corral nearest me shares its parking lot with a Famous Dave's.

While I have never gone, I would assume they offer free insulin at the entrances to both. :shakehead

Methanolandbrats
12-21-11, 10:01 PM
The Golden Corral nearest me shares its parking lot with a Famous Dave's.

While I have never gone, I would assume they offer free insulin at the entrances to both. :shakehead

:rofl: