PDA

View Full Version : Lord SagamorAn caint sell home, so tears it down

Pages : [1] 2

Spicoli
12-06-11, 10:40 PM
Yup. It's true. Toknee and mrs. Carpenter caint sell their home. So the plan is to tear it down, divide it up into a small subdivision, and have people build their own homes on said lots.

Man, is there anything this morAn has gotten his hands on that hasn't failed?:rofl:

Story is in www.ibj.com and I am on my iPad so I can't link it, cause I don't know how.:tony:

grungex
12-06-11, 10:55 PM
Linky (http://www.ibj.com/exspeedway-boss-plans-4lot-subdivision-on-north-side/PARAMS/article/31199)

Gnam
12-07-11, 01:25 AM
So his home will be condensed and torn down?

tragic.

chop456
12-07-11, 03:15 AM
I guess wasting $600M wasn't such a good idea after all. Who knew?

Ziggy
12-07-11, 08:41 AM
It's a real shame. A very good friend of mine lives three blocks south of Lord Sagamore's address.

That tract of land has been an anchor for a long, long time.

What sort of idiot builds a giant home in 1995 and tears it down sixteen years later? Allowing it to be sub divided will ultimately backfire, in twenty years who is to say it won't be a base for a flea market or gypsy cab operation?

Tony George, The rich kid who never did anything right........

Hey Tony, drop the price, it's not like you don't have no experience losing money

SteveH
12-07-11, 10:18 AM
Dude is getting pretty good at destructing things of value, isn't he.

Napoleon
12-07-11, 01:05 PM
Dude is getting pretty good at destructing things of value, isn't he.

The old reverse Midas Touch.

What I can not figure out is how this arguably makes sense financially. Sure if the housing market was going great guns, this was a great location and the house was old, maybe. But is any of that true now and for that location?

Spicoli
12-07-11, 01:20 PM
The house was very "dated" as in it was poorly designed and decorated. If you have a million dollars plus in this market in Indy, you go build exactly what you want, unless you are looking in an historic district. This is not. But it is in a nice part of town, and The lot is easily divided. I think this is more of a reflection on his s***** taste, and this is a good way out of his equity - if it works. I'll ask around my realtor buddies and see what the thoughts are on this.

If you never saw the inside of the place, it's worth a laugh. Tearing it down is a good start.

TKGAngel
12-07-11, 01:46 PM
If you never saw the inside of the place, it's worth a laugh. Tearing it down is a good start.

Does it rival Casa di Andretti (http://www.Reelz.com/trailer-clips/56039/hollywood-dailies-marco-andrettis-home) (Mikey, now Marco) in PA for gaudiness?

High Sided
12-07-11, 01:48 PM
some pictures...
http://www.hendrickscountyhomes.info/Photos.aspx?uid=87980&mlsnum=21000999&mlstableid=MIBORMLSRES&segmentid=4439533&rid=87980

bird's eye view...
http://www.homes.com/Home-Prices/ID-600034491846/8030-SPRING-MILL-RD/

Andrew Longman
12-07-11, 03:04 PM
Does it rival Casa di Andretti (http://www.Reelz.com/trailer-clips/56039/hollywood-dailies-marco-andrettis-home) (Mikey, now Marco) in PA for gaudiness?That would be hard.

But to be fair to Marco, that is the house he grew up in.

But he wasn't without some examples of taste. His granddad's place is exactly next door and while equally huge (maybe bigger) and while looking like it belongs in Provence, not down the road from a cement plant, it is much more tasteful.

I will give all the Andretti's some credit. They could live anywhere they want but chose to stay in the pleasant but hardly glamorous or wildly picturesque LV. (even if Mario spends a ton of time at his vineyard -- seems I see him driving his Lambo about every other time I am in Nazareth)

I didn't realize Marco was living there now. Last I heard the place was for sale and under contract (2008?) and Marco was living in Indy. I guess the sale fell through.

As for TG, the place is tacky and the market is limited. He could always sell it if he drops the price enough but the buyer would probably subdivide it as well. As someone said, if you can afford a place like that you can afford to build you own exactly as you want it to be.

cameraman
12-07-11, 04:47 PM
That thing is a very dated and essentially valueless design. Replacing it with a subdivision is probably the only way to maybe recover his initial investment. You should drive around Park City & Deer Valley, there are a whole lot of really big, really hideous McMansions for sale at dimes on the dollar.

Don Quixote
12-07-11, 06:25 PM
If you never saw the inside of the place, it's worth a laugh. Tearing it down is a good start.I have heard that it is wise to watch where you step when walking across his lawn. :D

High Sided
12-07-11, 08:02 PM
welcome to Georgetown :saywhat:
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011112070323
If the rezoning and subdivision plat are approved, the Georges would build three additional houses on the gated estate for family members, Metzel said.

cameraman
12-07-11, 09:56 PM
When did he convert? How many wives does he have?

#livinginUtahtoolong

grungex
12-07-11, 11:11 PM
I chortled. Pay particular attention to post #9 and 10 :D

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?158313-TG-Update&p=2855330&viewfull=1#post2855330

gerhard911
12-07-11, 11:35 PM
Pretty sure post #10 is the Nurse...

Regardless, LMFAO at JW.

Spicoli
12-07-11, 11:39 PM
If the rezoning and subdivision plat are approved, the Georges would build three additional houses on the gated estate for family members, Metzel said.

HA! Andi Metzel!!!:D

She's a good friend (and pretty cute, btw)

{fire up the google images}

mapguy
12-07-11, 11:48 PM
HA! Andi Metzel!!!:D

She's a good friend (and pretty cute, btw)

{fire up the google images}

I did. I would totally tap that...

SteveH
12-08-11, 02:24 AM

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?158313-TG-Update&p=2855330&viewfull=1#post2855330

:laugh:

Lux Interior
12-08-11, 07:05 AM

Totally over JW's head lol. That was funny.

Spicoli
12-08-11, 07:08 AM

She is single. What's in your dowry? :rofl:

Napoleon
12-08-11, 07:14 AM

Me too.

The internet says she is with a law firm based out of Cleveland.

SurfaceUnits
12-08-11, 10:32 AM
he would have to convert to her religion first and then there is a 6 year waiting period before tapping can commence

Andrew Longman
12-08-11, 12:39 PM
I did. I would totally tap that...Careful. You know where that sort of stuff sometimes ends. You might like being "litigated" around the bedroom but if that doesn't end well you might need to be able to afford a better lawyer than she is. ;)

Andrew Longman
12-08-11, 12:41 PM
Totally over JW's head lol.ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzinnnnnnnnng.

Was that a 2.65L turbo whine I heard blowing by. :D

Spicoli
12-08-11, 02:50 PM
Me too.

The internet says she is with a law firm based out of Cleveland.

Local office in Indy. They were bought out by the Ohio firm a year or so ago.

Spicoli
12-08-11, 02:50 PM
Careful. You know where that sort of stuff sometimes ends. You might like being "litigated" around the bedroom but if that doesn't end well you might need to be able to afford a better lawyer than she is. ;)

she is very good at what she does.

cameraman
12-08-11, 03:17 PM
You guys had best be careful how you phase things...

#HawaiianLawyers

Spicoli
12-08-11, 03:34 PM

#HawaiianLawyers

:rofl:

"We better shut down this thread!*"

/Cuc/

extramundane
12-08-11, 03:56 PM

#HawaiianLawyers

http://i.imgur.com/cVc32.jpg

Operators are standing by.

Andrew Longman
12-08-11, 04:36 PM
she is very good at what she does.Sure. But how good of a lawyer is she?

Spicoli
12-08-11, 04:51 PM
Sure. But how good of a lawyer is she?

:D

SteveH
12-09-11, 01:09 AM
Dude must be hurting for cash to subdivide his yard. I wonder how his car wax gig is working out? :gomer:

Spicoli
12-09-11, 07:33 AM
Dude must be hurting for cash to subdivide his yard. I wonder how his car wax gig is working out? :gomer:

Which reminded me of our pal Ricky Treadway's Lake Trash foray/après indycarz career. Remember the "Lake Trash" boat wipes? Carboattruck wax? Ricky just tore off the labels and slapped on the lake trash logo, and filmed his half necked g/f pimping out the products to see which gomer would buy them. :rofl: seriously funny stuff. I won't link it here but hours of fun await you at the lake trash website. The best ocd/huckster marketing I ever done seened:thumbup:

Napoleon
12-09-11, 09:02 AM
I wonder how his car wax gig is working out? :gomer:

Dear God, you are being serious (at least according to The Google).

Andrew Longman
12-09-11, 10:04 AM
Lake Trash? I guess that's like a Hoosier Jersey Shore thing, except the trash down the Shore is either dumped medical waste that floats down from NY or wasted punks who drive in from PA or NY.

SteveH
12-09-11, 10:04 AM
Dear God, you are being serious (at least according to The Google).

Mumbles picked up the exclusive distributership for some Euro high end car wax.

Can't you just see him hawking it at IRL races out of a merchandise trailer? Wearing a red and white striped blazer and a boater? :gomer:

Napoleon
12-09-11, 10:11 AM
Can't you just see him hawking it at IRL races out of a merchandise trailer? Wearing a red and white striped blazer and a boater? :gomer:

Wasn't it Defender or someone like that that would be hawking race gear from a trailer at Mid-Ohio?

Mumbles is kind of a low rent Defender.

Spicoli
12-09-11, 10:22 AM
Wasn't it Defender or someone like that that would be hawking race gear from a trailer at Mid-Ohio?

Mumbles is kind of a low rent Defender.

Kinda got it right. Super D's brother had a trailer and at one time even a store that hawked racing memorabilia. The store was in the old Union Station, iirc, and the trailer just had some typical gomer fan crap.

Spicoli
12-09-11, 11:06 AM
Lake Trash? I guess that's like a Hoosier Jersey Shore thing, except the trash down the Shore is either dumped medical waste that floats down from NY or wasted punks who drive in from PA or NY.

Ricky is a bit of an enigma around Indy. Total goofball with a ton of cash. His dad Fred made a dumpster full of cash in the asbestos abatement business. After racing, Ricky decided he would take his love of getting likkered up on the mud hole known as geist lake/reservoir, and develop the Lake Trash brand! There are probably still videos around on the youtuber of them traveling to boat shows and such. The idea was to form chapters of this club, where you drop 50 bucks or something for membership, and then when you go outside your local boating territory, you would have other like minded folks to whoop it on the lake with. Ricky had some pretty kick ass boats, I saw one that was a 20 foot open bow with a Viper V10 in it. Thing did like 100 mph on that dinky lake, it was terribly obnoxiously funny to see him gun that thing up and down the lake pissing off everyone. Anyway, he then launched a lake trash product line which included his g/f hawking everything from coozies to towelettes to swimwear and t shirts. Take a look at the site is is comedy gold.

But in the end, Ricky is having a ball blowing through his old mans millions. Nice work if you can get it I suppose.:D

Www.laketrash.com.

cameraman
12-09-11, 01:39 PM
Yeah, that's what I'd want for my 8 year old daughter, a Lake Trash Princess tee shirt:saywhat:

SteveH
12-09-11, 01:43 PM
Spicoli is a charter member.

Andrew Longman
12-09-11, 03:49 PM
...The idea was to form chapters of this club, where you drop 50 bucks or something for membership, and then when you go outside your local boating territory, you would have other like minded folks to whoop it on the lake with...My personal experience is drunks and azzboles can easily find each other anywhere anytime on the planet. (We) don't need to pay $50, nor do we need any help. :gomer:

Spicoli
12-09-11, 04:02 PM
Spicoli is a charter member.

Hey, some them gilz b hawtness! :tony:

Lake trash is right!:rofl:

Spicoli
12-09-11, 04:03 PM
My personal experience is drunks and azzboles can easily find each other anywhere anytime on the planet. (We) don't need to pay $50, nor do we need any help. :gomer:

Well, he evidently did not do so well in the membership drive. :irked: No updates for a couple years on the site, it appears.

Napoleon
12-09-11, 04:38 PM
My personal experience is drunks and azzboles can easily find each other anywhere anytime on the planet.

I am pretty sure Einstein had a theorem on this very subject.

grungex
12-10-11, 07:41 PM
Featured item:

http://laketrash.com/images/page_image/featured_item.png

Oh, maybe they meant the shirt. My bad.

Methanolandbrats
12-10-11, 07:51 PM
Featured item:

http://laketrash.com/images/page_image/featured_item.png

Oh, maybe they meant the shirt. My bad.

You could get herpes just clicking on that site. :yuck:

Don Quixote
12-11-11, 03:21 PM
Is that his wife,,,,,errrrr I mean old lady?

Ziggy
12-12-11, 04:48 PM
How is Ricky Treadway relevant other than the fact one rich kid is jealous of his women?

Dude is a total tool, but then again...............:eek:

eiregosod
12-12-11, 08:07 PM
ftg is a few books short of a bookcase

SurfaceUnits
12-12-11, 09:37 PM
ftg is a few books short of a bookcase

a few shelves short

Trevor Longman
12-14-11, 03:30 AM
he would have to convert to her religion first and then there is a 6 year waiting period before tapping can commence

Latvian Orthodox? :D

5SgHcfRnIGY

Mary
12-16-11, 07:18 PM
They have a 14,000 sq. ft house that was appraised for only $3 million dollars? Is there something wrong with it?

Mary

G.
12-16-11, 07:24 PM
They have a 14,000 sq. ft house that was appraised for only $3 million dollars? Is there something wrong with it?

Mary

It's got an infestation of stupid that they can't seem to get rid of.

SteveH
12-16-11, 07:56 PM
:rofl:

Methanolandbrats
12-16-11, 08:06 PM

:laugh::laugh:

datachicane
12-16-11, 10:20 PM

I was thinking it was the stench of failure.

grungex
12-16-11, 10:21 PM

You have to consider the location... :tony:

Mary
12-17-11, 12:26 PM

Comment of the year!

Mary

Spicoli
12-17-11, 02:48 PM
You have to consider the location... :tony:

cant give it away in that part of town. prolly in excess of 50% vacancy level, and a lot of abandoned buildings. nobody wants anything to do with that garbage.

Indy
12-17-11, 08:24 PM
You see, his problem was he took his hammer to work every day. There wasn't any work done on that house since 1996. :tony:

Spicoli
01-02-12, 10:07 AM
Ok, so here is the new plan, as told to me recently:

Lord SagamorAn has hired Special Eds daughter to list the properties. No one will buy them. Then Smart Guy Tonee will buy them all up, give each plot to each of hia kids, they will all build houses on them, and live in a sort of commune. It will be just like, well, q bunch of in bread dumb asses living too close together in isolation from reality.

I cannot wait to see this hick's plan come together. Talk about dysfunctional.:saywhat:

"Gee paw, can I have soma your tamaters?"
"sure nuff, Ed. Umm, you got any clean socks I cun barry?"

:tony:

Methanolandbrats
01-02-12, 10:21 AM
CLose living with kinfolk -----> http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-e8hjkpvrZ30/TuuEHvTQFTI/AAAAAAAAKZE/DfPlb3Z9eXg/s1600/deliverance+banjo-kid-150a072209-fp.jpg

High Sided
01-02-12, 10:34 AM
new? post 14 ;)

SteveH
01-02-12, 11:30 AM
It will be nice, I'm sure.

http://www.verani.com/listing/photo/Littleton/NH/real-estate/4108141_0.jpg

Has this bozo ever had an original idea that worked as planned?

SurfaceUnits
01-02-12, 12:50 PM

One,,,,,the destruction of open wheel racing asd it existed in the 80's to mid-90's

Spicoli
01-02-12, 06:41 PM
new? post 14 ;)

Well, see, that just verified it, boss!:gomer:

There is really a comical sadness to white trash who strike it rich. I understand he was born with the silver spoon, but still, the dumbs **** chromosome has boldy shone through.:D

I've been 5 feet away from this clown, and all he does is sit and stare at his blackberry. Or the wall.

Can't wait to see how classless these houses turn out....

Kahauna Dreamer
01-02-12, 06:58 PM
It will be nice, I'm sure.

http://www.verani.com/listing/photo/Littleton/NH/real-estate/4108141_0.jpg

Possibly re-upping his supply of cocaine, until his dealers started selling him 8-balls that were 50% Clabber Girl, 30% mannitol and 20% coke... :laugh::rofl::D:tony:

Napoleon
01-03-12, 02:14 PM
By the way, it is lost in my mind, why is TG called Lord Sagamore. I seem to recall it was something over the top that Fred Nation said or something.

Al Czervik
01-03-12, 02:44 PM
By the way, it is lost in my mind, why is TG called Lord Sagamore. I seem to recall it was something over the top that Fred Nation said or something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagamore_of_the_Wabash

Spicoli
01-03-12, 05:54 PM

It's an award you get from the guv of indianer. I got one. Ripped got one. Tony got one. Evidently it distinguishes us from the unwashed masses. :D

Srsly, it's just the evolution of the term here on racing hateland.

Spicoli
01-03-12, 05:59 PM
Hoping for page top hate status. :D

Did I win?

Spicoli
01-03-12, 06:00 PM
Now I won. I will be back with some good hate.:flame:

Spicoli
01-03-12, 06:00 PM
Oh crap. NOW?!

MoCartt
01-03-12, 07:51 PM
It's an award you get from the guv of indianer. I got one. Ripped got one. Tony got one. Evidently it distinguishes us from the unwashed masses. :D

Srsly, it's just the evolution of the term here on racing hateland.

Now that just says a whole lot about guilt by association!

:eek:

By the way...how many packs of bubblegum purchases does that take?

Andrew Longman
01-03-12, 08:34 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagamore_of_the_WabashSeriously?

Indiana felt the need to "keep up" with Kentucky's faux "colonel"

That is beyond stupid.

And isn't helping Indiana's gomerific reputation.

Sorry -- and I like Indiana and an above average number of Hoosiers I've met. :)

Around here if you went into a bar and told people the Indiana governor named you a Sagamore, you'd get a quick trip out the back door to the dumpster.

Spicoli
01-03-12, 09:11 PM
Now that just says a whole lot about guilt by association!

:eek:

By the way...how many packs of bubblegum purchases does that take?

I was lying. Eggsept Tony done gots one, accourse he's a billionaire n stuff.:tony:

Methanolandbrats
01-03-12, 09:40 PM
I was lying. Eggsept Tony done gots one, accourse he's a billionaire n stuff.:tony:

You dont give enuff money to polyticians and go to eggspensive dinners, so you are not a Sagginmore. Sounds like Saggmore is nothing but a starfish smoocher.

Rex Karz
01-03-12, 10:55 PM
You dont give enuff money to polyticians and go to eggspensive dinners, so you are not a Sagginmore. Sounds like Saggmore is nothing but a starfish smoocher.

Isn't a Saggmore what you use to describe a really old hoe?

RTKar
01-03-12, 11:08 PM
Dipstick of Speedway would be more apropo.

Methanolandbrats
01-03-12, 11:11 PM
Isn't a Saggmore what you use to describe a really old hoe?

:D

Spicoli
01-03-12, 11:18 PM
I like Indiana and an above average number of Hoosiers I've met.

I don't.

Andrew Longman
01-04-12, 12:10 AM
I don't.Well, you are disagreeable.

But I still like you. :)

Indy
01-04-12, 01:22 AM
Yeah, Andrew, being from here I can assure you there is not much, or many, to like.

Methanolandbrats
01-04-12, 08:43 AM
I don't even like driving through the state, except for the extreme southeastern "Deliverance" section, trying to understand the language at the gas stations there is entertaining. :D

Andrew Longman
01-04-12, 08:50 AM
Yeah, Andrew, being from here I can assure you there is not much, or many, to like.Come to think of it, most of the Hoosiers I know I didn't meet in Indiana and they don't live there anymore. Self selecting population?

I was just in (North) Indy last month though. Aside from falling on a wet floor and breaking my ankle it was pleasant enough. Miles of circuit roads and strip malls isn't my thing though even if that's how most of American has now been developed.

Indy
01-05-12, 09:43 AM
Self selecting population?

Exactly right. The brain drain continues, and the dumber the state gets, the more incentive the smart kids have to leave.

But truthfully it is perhaps a little better than most of the rest of the Midwest. It is a regional thing. Third World thinking is the latest fashion in flyover country.

MoCartt
01-05-12, 12:18 PM
Exactly right. The brain drain continues, and the dumber the state gets, the more incentive the smart kids have to leave.

But truthfully it is perhaps a little better than most of the rest of the Midwest. It is a regional thing. Third World thinking is the latest fashion in flyover country.

I think we are seeing a difference in metro/city areas that are a bit more progressive than the rural/small town areas in many states. C'bus is doing fairly well, while other parts of Ohio stagnate.

Must be something in the water!

Andrew Longman
01-05-12, 03:08 PM
Must be something in the water!Public sector jobs? Honda America Manufacturing and supplier network? tOSU bringing in outsiders?

More than I can recall in Cleveland these days.

Spicoli
01-05-12, 10:47 PM
Come to think of it, most of the Hoosiers I know I didn't meet in Indiana and they don't live there anymore. Self selecting population?

I was just in (North) Indy last month though. Aside from falling on a wet floor and breaking my ankle it was pleasant enough. Miles of circuit roads and strip malls isn't my thing though even if that's how most of American has now been developed.

Next time you are in north Indy (the only acceptable portion of the entire state - except maybe a few sororities in Bloomington) buzz me, I'll meet you at Applebees for some Miller Lites. :thumbup:

Spicoli
01-05-12, 10:51 PM
I think we are seeing a difference in metro/city areas that are a bit more progressive than the rural/small town areas in many states. C'bus is doing fairly well, while other parts of Ohio stagnate.

Would YOU stay in Kokomo or Anderson or Richmond or Terre Haute or evansville or Seymour or....

Hell no!

Small town USA is FUBAR'd and there's nothing left but WalMarts and Burger Kings and type II diabetes. Sad indeed, I see it often and can't help but wonder wtf happened. :shakehead

Everytime I travel back to Indy from CO or CA or NY or DC, places I travel for work, I just shake my head at how stupid the working class blue collar midwest has become - and why the F do I live here.:irked: (I mean, I know WHY, but still...)

Kiwifan
01-05-12, 11:02 PM
Cause ya wife has you locked up? :-) :-)

Indy
01-06-12, 09:03 AM

It is the same here. Indy is fairly prosperous, and the rural areas are grim. As Spicoli mentioned, the small cities of Indiana are just plain dying. You go there and it is like the Depression. There are a few examples of growth outside Indy. Kokomo, for example, though still dumb and fat, is in the process of receiving billions in investment from Chrysler (thank you, auto bailout). There the university is hurting because of low enrollment, due to the number of high paying, high quality jobs available to good applicants.

MoCartt
01-06-12, 09:15 AM
Public sector jobs? Honda America Manufacturing and supplier network? tOSU bringing in outsiders?

Andrew,

Yes to all of the above. And, add in that Columbus is also a huge warehouse/distribution location and big in things like material handling systems and hardware because of it. Insurance and medical...huge hospitals and Cardinal Health. Tech start ups driven by Ohio State and Battelle Memorial Institute which is big in research and has started many seed companies in the tech industries of all kinds. Lots of small computer and 'net companies doing software, video, online store setups/banking, call-centers, etc. A whole bunch of things seemingly going on around the metro area.

Andrew Longman
01-06-12, 09:43 AM
Andrew,

Yes to all of the above...Yes, and in my years going to Cleveland for the GP and to visit my cousin it seems it got more depressing every year. I didn't a little research into potential race sponsors there and The Cleveland Clinic seems to be about the only major employer left (typical of dying cities -- somebody has to take care of the old people who remain. See Johnstown PA today, where Slapstick was filmed 30 years ago for a perfect example)

However, I was in Dayton recently for just a few days and was impressed by how well it seemed to be doing, even if I couldn't immediately figure out why.

TKGAngel
Would YOU stay in Kokomo or Anderson or Richmond or Terre Haute or evansville or Seymour or....

I have family in Angola in the NE corner of the state. Believe it or not, the family moved to Indiana from Buffalo because there were more jobs in IN than in B-lo. (This was about 18-20 years ago.) Of the clan that settled there, three of the five kids went to college in-state and then got jobs out of state and left. It's not their fault that their careers are passing these small towns by, but they have to do what they have to do.

On a somewhat related note, one point in Indiana's favor is that it's home to the Vera Bradley empire. I love me some Vera Bradley bags.

Napoleon

I think Cleveland has come through the recent troubles mostly with an unemployment rate under the national average. There may not be any one big new thing you can point to happening here but we really were not hit that hard (thank God in part because the auto industry did not collapse).

chop456
01-06-12, 12:27 PM
I have family in Angola in the NE corner of the state. If anyone invites you to eat at the local Chinese place - take a pass.