PDA

View Full Version : In case you missed 'em the first time... F1 '93

Lizzerd
06-19-03, 05:13 PM
Speed will replay the South African and Brazilian races in their show "F1 Decade" tonight.

Don't be like me and forget to put a tape in again.

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/161/

cart7
06-19-03, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Tape inserted and timer set.

RTKar
06-19-03, 09:21 PM
Thanks Lizz, 12 World Championships between the top 3 leading the early laps....:thumbup: ...Great stuff, wonderful memories. Nose to tail - Senna, Prost, Schumacher (22 races, 1 win).

Lizzerd
06-19-03, 10:59 PM
I'm sorry if this raises any nationalistic ire with any of you. The podium celebration was just shown for the Brazil race. The national anthems were played for Brazil (winning driver, Senna) and GB (winning constructor, McLaren). Both Senna and Damon Hill (from GB) stood there as the anthems were played with hands on hips, arms crossed, and pretty much ho-hum throughout. I don't know about you, but when MY national anthem is being played, I'm standing proudly, facing the flag with my hand/hat over my heart. It must just be an American thing. Maybe it's just me.

Cam
06-19-03, 11:59 PM
I dont!

TrueBrit
06-20-03, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
I'm sorry if this raises any nationalistic ire with any of you. The podium celebration was just shown for the Brazil race. The national anthems were played for Brazil (winning driver, Senna) and GB (winning constructor, McLaren). Both Senna and Damon Hill (from GB) stood there as the anthems were played with hands on hips, arms crossed, and pretty much ho-hum throughout. I don't know about you, but when MY national anthem is being played, I'm standing proudly, facing the flag with my hand/hat over my heart. It must just be an American thing. Maybe it's just me.

Yup ...the hat/hand over the heart/facing the flag thing is an american thing..When "God Save The Queen" is played you are supposed to dof your caps and stand still...Damon didn't always behave the best when the anthem was being played....

Jag_Warrior
06-22-03, 11:21 PM
Senna's "greatest drive" is playing tonight: Donnington Park/Grand Prix of Europe 1993. On the first lap, in the wet, he moved from 5th to 1st. Passing Schumacher, Hill, Prost, etc.... inside, outside, this way and that!!! Meanwhile, Michael Andretti took it up the duff and wound up in the gravel.

An outclassed engine/chassis was made to do the job... by The Great One!

Whatever else may be said about Senna, he was in a class by himself that day. Passing better cars on the outside, on a wet track, on the first lap... he was just "different".

This was a very strange replay to watch. Shots of Senna, Mario Andretti and Princess Di with her kids, all in the pits.

Hink
06-23-03, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I have quite the knack for missing these.

cart7
06-23-03, 06:13 AM
I had kinda forgotten that season in F1 for Andretti. Seems he hadn't even completed a single lap at this point. :shakehead

WickerBill
06-23-03, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Jag_Warrior

Whatever else may be said about Senna, he was in a class by himself that day. Passing better cars on the outside, on a wet track, on the first lap... he was just "different".

I had not seen that before. Did the guy ever spin (in his career) from pushing too hard? It seemed to me his car was unnaturally glued to the wet track unlike the others. Reality is probably that he was simply more aware of the cars grip limits than the other drivers, who were tiptoeing (with good reason).

WB

rabbit
10-26-03, 10:53 AM
BUMP!

British Grand Prix, tonight, 11pm

Warlock!
10-27-03, 08:28 AM
RAT FAAAAAARRRRRTTSSSSSSS!!! Forgot about it again!

:flame: :mad: :flame:

Warlock!

chop456
10-27-03, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Warlock!
RAT FAAAAAARRRRRTTSSSSSSS!!! Forgot about it again!

:flame: :mad: :flame:

Warlock!

I recorded it. If you can wait a few weeks, we can watch it here.

rabbit
11-07-03, 11:46 AM
bump again...

German Grand Prix Sun, Nov 9 11pm

RacinM3
11-18-03, 06:09 PM
Did the guy ever spin (in his career) from pushing too hard?

Yep, he did. As evidenced by the first lap at the '93 German GP at the REAL Hockenheim that just aired the other night.