PDA

View Full Version : Domain registration move

nrc
12-02-11, 11:14 PM
Over the next few weeks I'll be attempting to move our domain registration for offcamber.net to a different provider. If something should go amiss and you are unable to reach offcamber.net during this process, you can also try offcamber.org which should, for now, take you to the same place.

This Roman Meal bakery thought you'd like to know.

miatanut
12-03-11, 06:55 PM
I moved my company domain registration from Verisign to GoDaddy (I know, but they seem to be the cheapest). For me, it was a non-event, and I barely know what a DNS is. I can't imagine there would be any hiccups for someone with your knowledge.

RTKar
12-03-11, 08:04 PM
I moved my company domain registration from Verisign to GoDaddy (I know, but they seem to be the cheapest). For me, it was a non-event, and I barely know what a DNS is. I can't imagine there would be any hiccups for someone with your knowledge.

That's like offcamber.danicapatrick :yuck:

nrc
12-04-11, 02:35 AM

I don't expect any issues, but just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case it goes wrong.

Ziggy
12-05-11, 11:49 AM
If there are problem then we should call your home, but only after 2am correct :rofl::tony:

nrc
12-06-11, 07:18 PM
If there are problem then we should call your home, but only after 2am correct :rofl::tony:

Yes, that's probably a safe time to catch me at home and awake. :)

Meanwhile, this why I was concerned. The hosting company's automated domain transfer kick-off appears to be choking on my request. I'm guessing that's because they already have a DNS entry for offcamber.net and that's confusing it.

So I'm shuffling the DNS record around and that could potentially break things for folks with bad DNS service. offcamber.org should remain unaffected.