PDA

View Full Version : Whoa, Talk About "friendly" Fire!

NismoZ
11-26-11, 04:20 PM
:eek:Or WAS it? Not the first such "incident" but the worst so far, 24 Pakistani soldiers killed in US chopper and jet "retaliation"(?) Wonder which friendly fired first? Termed a reaction to a tactical situation. Would love to know the truth on this one. Pakistan wants us OUT of a suspected drone base in their territory & I think we've already apologized? Didn't say it was a mistake, though. Hmmmm.

stroker
11-26-11, 06:00 PM
ISI minions caught being naughty, no doubt it my mind. Sounds like a message delivered in a "Oops" package.

nrc
11-26-11, 09:20 PM
Time will tell whether it was a mistaken target or whether they were actually taking ground fire from the border post - it wouldn't be the first time. Either way, the Pakistanis put themselves at risk by allowing and even supporting insurgent operations out of their territory.

Napoleon
11-27-11, 10:37 AM
Well NATO is saying they fired first (http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/11/27/world/asia/international-us-pakistan-nato-urgent.html?hp)

NismoZ
11-27-11, 07:45 PM
Thus my "friendly." By what imaginary stretch would a Pakistani Army outpost be firing on troops repelling from helicopters? Damn insurgents have really upgraded!? I would like to see supply routes inside "friendly" territory kept open by force this time, if necessary.