PDA

View Full Version : Whats cooking on Thanksgiving?

Napoleon
11-24-11, 06:49 AM
This is an interesting who eats what where slideshow for Thanksgiving

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/11/26/us/20091126-search-graphic.html

Me, slow cooked turkey breast, a potato casserole, veggies and apple cake.

KLang
11-24-11, 09:53 AM
Just the boobs this year. :D Plus mashed potatoes, tarragon green beans with bacon and rolls. There are only the two of us and we decided simple is better this year.

SurfaceUnits
11-24-11, 12:04 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/90nfop.jpg

G.
11-24-11, 12:56 PM
Small this year. We WILL have leftovers.

Hen turkey, honey ham, asparagus, taters, yams, pies. No room for jello, unfortunately.

gjc2
11-24-11, 01:33 PM
All my childhood memories of Thanksgiving are of my grandmother’s ravioli.

dando
11-24-11, 05:22 PM
Alton's brined bird, stuffing (not in the bird), roasted root veggies, mushroom soup, rolls and cranberry crap. Way too much for just 3 adults and two DDs. Plus we're leaving for a Di$ney cruise followed by a WDW trip next Thursday. Wifey decided to take over the kitchen this year. :saywhat:

-Kevin

extramundane
11-24-11, 06:52 PM
Mom was dead set on a Bojangles Cajun turkey, so I just cooked a ham, mashed Yukon golds, Pat Robertson Memorial 4 cheese Mac & cheese, green beans & pork fatback and a butchering of my grandmother's yeast roll recipe.

2bottles of wine down, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, eggnog & a jar of SW VA corn likker on deck.

Napoleon
11-25-11, 08:37 AM
Pat Robertson Memorial 4 cheese Mac & cheese

:rofl:

Elmo T
11-25-11, 03:36 PM
We love Thanksgiving, but after a train wreck holiday a few years back (kids toys broken by visiting nephews, complaints about the menu, no help with cleaning up, and 3 days restoring the house to order) we decided to let someone else cook for us.

We are in Disney now - this being 3 out of the last 4 Thanksgiving's spent here. I couldn't be happier.

I'll be doing the Alton brine in the next couple weeks for the immediate family.

TKGAngel
11-25-11, 03:48 PM
There were 13 of us at grandma's for dinner. She made turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, mashed turnips, coleslaw, corn & cranberry sauce. The kids brought the pie, wine, rolls & relish tray.

The leftover stuffing made an excellent lunch today.

Indy
11-27-11, 05:00 PM
Pat Robertson Memorial 4 cheese Mac & cheese

I didn't know you were black.

Andrew Longman
11-27-11, 06:41 PM
It was my cousin's year to host family T-day (we alternate). 28 of us I think this year. Three turkeys (2 fried, 1 smoked).

We brought appetizers -- feta/spinach dip thing, Chinese bbq chicken/water chestnut/mushroom lettuce wrap thingy, and my wife's mex/salsa/cream cheese dip thing. And her grandmom's sweet potato casserole.

But we came home without much in the way of leftovers. Family wants turkey sandwiches this week.

So in the best Arlo Guthrie another-Thanksgiving-dinner-that-couldn't-be-beat tradition I am doing an Alton brined turkey today, with traditional stuffing, green bean casserole, golden chunky mashed potatoes and gravy.

And chocolate chip cookies... because I promised. :)

extramundane
11-27-11, 06:53 PM
I didn't know you were black.

Compared to Rev. Pat, we all are.

Ankf00
11-28-11, 12:29 AM
for the tailgate we smoked a turkey, a rib roast, a couple dirty rice stuffed chickens, and a few boudin stuffed pork tenderloins, bacon wrapped quail legs. mashed po-ta-toes, crawfish grits, crawfish gravy, shrimp+jap+bacon etouffee for the tenderloin, jalapeno cornbread, some kind of white bread+ italian sausage stuffing that tasted like italian sausage goop that my buddy's yankee gf made, oyster stuffing, butternut squash w/ pancetta & chiles, and indian spicy green beans, masaledar sem only w/ long beans and cooked down the gravy to be thicker. whiskey pralines, pecan pie, and fudge for dessert.

Pat Robertson Memorial 4 cheese Mac & cheese,

pecan pie,

& a jar of SW VA corn likker on deck.

http://cdn.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/bender.jpg

SteveH
11-28-11, 12:31 AM
dang :thumbup:

Ankf00
11-28-11, 12:36 AM
blah, dp.

Indy
11-28-11, 01:52 AM
Compared to Rev. Pat, we all are.

Well, I am Black Irish. :cool:

Ankf00
11-28-11, 01:44 PM
Well, I am Black Irish. :cool:

Tr'Quisha O'Malley?

Indy
11-28-11, 07:42 PM
Tr'Quisha O'Malley?
:laugh:

G.
11-28-11, 08:58 PM
for the tailgate we smoked a turkey, a rib roast, a couple dirty rice stuffed chickens, and a few boudin stuffed pork tenderloins, bacon wrapped quail legs. mashed po-ta-toes, crawfish grits, crawfish gravy, shrimp+jap+bacon etouffee for the tenderloin, jalapeno cornbread, some kind of white bread+ italian sausage stuffing that tasted like italian sausage goop that my buddy's yankee gf made, oyster stuffing, butternut squash w/ pancetta & chiles, and indian spicy green beans, masaledar sem only w/ long beans and cooked down the gravy to be thicker. whiskey pralines, pecan pie, and fudge for dessert.

Good God!
Every meal you post is better than the last.

Did you get the obese yet?

chop456
11-29-11, 02:23 AM
Fun with leftovers.

Turkey+stuffing+potatoes+egg wash+Panko+deep frying =

Ankf00
11-29-11, 02:35 AM
^^^ noms.

oh, and forgot the ham (meh) and the bacon wrapped jalapeno with cream cheese and tiger sauce marinated short rib (woohoo!)

haven't contracted the sugah yet, but only a matter of time w/ my booze consumption. :gomer:

Don Quixote
11-29-11, 10:28 AM
Fun with leftovers.

Turkey+stuffing+potatoes+egg wash+Panko+deep frying =Modern day shepherd's pie. I wonder if you could bake it to save a few arteries.