PDA

View Full Version : Practical Jokes

Napoleon
01-13-03, 03:59 PM
This weekend Car Talk had something on good practical jokes people have played in the past.

Whats the best pratical joke you have played, seen played on someone.

Warlock!
01-13-03, 04:17 PM
I posted this on 7G just a few weeks ago for some reason, so I thought I'd cut n paste. Apologies to anyone who wants one...

A few years ago my wife bought her sis a bowling ball. Instead of giving her an undrilled bowling ball for Christmas, they gave my wife an inflatable plastic ball with marbled colors that looked exactly like the bowling ball we were getting her. They said they give them to people who are giving bowling balls as gifts so they don't have the trouble of lugging around a real ball during Christmas, only to have to bring it back to get it drilled.

Anyhow, it looked exactly like a bowling ball, sans holes. I had a friend stop by the house before Christmas one day. He was into bowling, so I got the ball to show him. I brought it out, and pretending the thing was a 16 pound object instead of the 4 oz. object it was, I held it as if it had quite a bit of weight. As he was sitting on the couch, I said, "Here... check it out" and I tossed the ball at him. With a tv remote in one hand and a beer in the other, all he could do was widen his eyes and try to move his head away from the trajectory of the ball. It hit him in the shoulder and harmlessly bounced off, but the fear I saw in his eyes was something I'll cherish forever :rofl:

Winter Warlock!

mapguy
01-13-03, 04:21 PM
I don't have one on the top of my head but I was thinking on making a trip to Mid-Ohio next year and switching Warlocks! keg with a keg of O'Douls. I'll let you know how that one turns out...

Warlock!
01-13-03, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
I'll let you know how that one turns out...
No you wouldn't... http://www.crapwagon.com/forums/images/smilies/chainsaw.gif

;)

Winter Warlock!

Napoleon
01-13-03, 05:36 PM
I have three that are very funny. Here is one I can tell without revealing too much about what I do for a living (the other 2 are directly related to what I do).

Someone I use to work with bought a house with his wife and was awaiting the closing. He told us at work that the person he was buying it off of was kind of weird and looked like Cousin It from the Adam’s Family. He wondered what they used the incinerator in the basement for.

Sensing an opportunity a plan was hatched. Since he was aware that I had a reputation for pulling outrageous stunts I knew I had to try and keep my fingerprints off of it.

I had one guy I worked with tell him that a buddy he works out with lived in the same neighborhood as the house and that neighbors suspected “Cousin It” was abducting animals and holding devil worship services. About a week later we got another woman we worked with who did work for the Sheriff’s Department to get official letterhead from the Sheriff’s Department and have a report typed up which showed a criminal investigation of the sellers which aloso discussed the use of the incinerator for animal sacrifices. She told the victim of our prank that she had mentioned to the Sheriff the house in question and he had shared the report with him. There were several other similar steps leading up to the closing.

Of course the victim at each step where we ratchted up the pressure claimed that he knew we were playing a prank and would never fall for it. In the mean time they closed on the purchase.

Then we delivered the knock out punch by getting the wife, who was now in on it, to put on an award winning performance by calling him at work when he was working after 5pm (it was dark when the call came into him) and in a totally hysterical manner she screamed and sobbed that she had just gotten home and that the police were in the backyard with a backhoe digging for bodies. One of my co-conspirators was still at work and he said the victim stumbled out of his office white as a ghost muttering “I’ll never get her to go back in the house” and “I just blew $100,000 on a house my wife won’t go in and I will not be able to sell”. He left to drive home to survey the damage and consol his wife.

About a dozen of us had roped his house off with crime scene tape and were hidden behind furniture while his wife stood in the middle of the room sobbing for when he got home.

It was sweet. He fell hook, line and sinker for it.

As the years have gone by this friend of mine has repeatedly tried to get even but every time I have caught on to what was coming before the trap was sprung. The last time I evaded his revenge he told me “Nappy I am glad I didn’t get you this time because everyone needs something to strive for in life and I swear if it takes me to the end of time I will get you back”.

Napoleon
01-13-03, 05:38 PM
I'll let you know how that one turns out...

It will turn out with the Sheriff's Departments dogs looking for your body in the woods.

Lizzerd
01-13-03, 05:39 PM
I don't have one on the top of my head but I was thinking on making a trip to Mid-Ohio next year and switching Warlocks! keg with a keg of O'Douls. I'll let you know how that one turns out...

Playing with fire, mapguy. Playing with fire. Do so and suffer the consequences of the Ohio/Indiana Track Mafia. How long have you had those kneecaps, anyway? Looks like they need to be repaired.

Cam
01-13-03, 05:44 PM
switching Warlocks! keg with a keg of O'Douls.

Now thats not a joke...... Thats just plain cruel! :saywhat:

Lizzerd
01-13-03, 05:46 PM
Oh, I forgot. My practical joke...

This one always works. As an electronic design engineer, one has to first build a prototype of the device being designed. Of course, there is testing of certain parts of the circuit along the way during the prototype build process, but there inevitably comes a time to power up the whole thing and see what happens. Stand behind someone else just as they are getting ready to apply the juice for the first time. As soon as they do, loudly clap your hands once right behind their ear and watch them jump and kill power.

Foxman
01-13-03, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!
No you wouldn't... http://www.crapwagon.com/forums/images/smilies/chainsaw.gif

;)

Winter Warlock!

Ya, we definitely don't wanna replace the keg with NA, I plan on being there too, I wanna see exactly how long it takes that animal to drink me under the table.

Classic Apex
01-13-03, 06:59 PM
Heh-heh-heh...

Back in high-school (my senior year, I think), one of my best friends was coming to town to visit me, he had moved away a few years before that, and we had not seen each other since then. The local radio station had a thing going where every morning the DJ's would pretend to be other people, and would call people either at home or at work and tell them something awful was happening to them in their life.

I called the radio station, gave them the skinny on how my old best friend was coming to visit me, how he was driving from Georgia to Iowa to see me.

So after driving a whole day to see me, my phone rings at 7 a.m. the next morning. So I woke my friend up, handed him the phone and said it sounded serious.

The DJ's were posing as Kentucky State Patrolmen. They told my friend that his car (and lisence plates) were seen leaving a gas station robbery in Paducha, Kentucky (I knew he would be stopping there for gas), and that my friend was the main suspect. They told him there was a warrant out for his arrest, and that he could either drive back down there, or they would send the local authorities to pick him up.

At that point my poor friend was sitting there absolutely speechless and terrified. Funniest part was, when the DJ's said they found out where he was by contacting his mother, thats when his voice started to crack on the air he was so scared. When they advised him to contact his lawyer, I thought the dude was going to have a heart attack. (Of course my whole family is up in the kitchen listening to all of this on the radio, trying not to die of laughter).

Shortly thereafter the DJ's let him off the hook, told him it was just a joke. I recorded the re-air of the prank a few hours later. Still to this day I'll break that tape for a listen when I need a good laugh.

:D

chop456
01-14-03, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Foxman
Ya, we definitely don't wanna replace the keg with NA, I plan on being there too, I wanna see exactly how long it takes that animal to drink me under the table.

I hope your watch has a second hand. :D

Cool! One more person signs on for M-O festivities!

My practical jokes are more mundane than others here. One favorite is to rubber-band the sink spray nozzle open, then point it outwards so the first person who turns it on gets a torso soaking. I keep hoping to test it out on Heidi Klum but so far, no luck.

mello
01-14-03, 08:10 PM
This was one my (at the time 14 year old daughter) came up with. We lived in Michigan at the time and my 16 year old son went out bow hunting everynight for deer. It was in October and I always did the house up for Halloween. I had put a stuffed dummy out on the front porch in a rocking chair.(it had been sitting there a couple weeks) The dummy had jeans, shirt, shoes, and mask. The whole thing was stuffed to make him look like a man. Well she one night after my son went out to hunt, drug the dummy in and unstuffed him and put herself into the whole getup. Then she went back out and waited on him sitting in the rocker totally still till he came home. All she did was wait till he got to the first step and stood up and said HI. He took off running and screaming across the yard. Man what I would give to have a video of that. I still laugh everytime I think of it. Now at 24 and 26 she still teases him about it. And just like then.... he does not like to talk about it.

Dave99
01-17-03, 04:39 PM
The evolution of practicle jokes, by Dave99...

As kid I would sometimes make confetti eggs and "break" them on people.

In high school I would unstitch a baseball enough to remove the core, fill it with cotton, stitch it back up, then fire it at an unsuspecting teammate during baseball practice.

In my 20's I made a music tape once with a siren sound-effect overdubbed into it. If I was the passenger in a car I like to let the driver play the cassette only to freak out when the siren starts up. "I don't see it! Where is it?" :laugh:

At work...20 sugar cubes in someone's coffee while they're away from their work area or better yet, the "microwaved Coca~Cola in place of coffee" switch-a-roo is a real crowd pleaser. :eek:

On the homefront, if people are working with electrical tools, cords, switches, etc, I've been known to give them the good 'ol ZZZT! sound effect. :laugh:

Spoof mail can be a good way to have fun with people too. :D

Anal Ventor
01-19-03, 12:47 PM
hehe, i guess im a little juvenile.. I still love to put a rubber band around the sprayer on my mom's kitchen sink and sit at the counter drinking a beer waiting for her to turn the water on

cart7
01-19-03, 02:06 PM
Let's see

At work, super glue hand tools down on guys benches. Nail or screw their tool drawers shut. Fill the nozzle on the shop-vac full of styro popcorn, wire the motor for reverse. Scotch tape one prong on the 120v AC plug of the unit the guy is working on and watch him spend awhile on a dead set problem. Wrap light solder around all the ac plugs of equipment plugged into an AC terminal strip and wait till the guy turns the power on!!!:eek: