PDA

View Full Version : Tony Stewart

Al Czervik
11-21-11, 10:56 AM
Someone needs to go to Dolan's and point out that a former Indycar driver won the NAPCAR championship.

Somebody would definitelee come unglued.

Ripped
11-21-11, 11:10 AM
Someone needs to go to Dolan's and point out that a former Indycar driver won the NAPCAR championship.

I actually read over there for the first time in forever last night. Lee is an absolute head case. I think he may have suffered from a lack of oxygen at birth.

NismoZ
11-21-11, 12:20 PM
He formerly drove a lot of other things, too and he was/is VERY good at it. He also made the right move to leave open wheelers, excepting the occasional revisit, to make an actual career for himself in NASCAR. Personality aside, which many seem unable to do, he is one of the very best out there. He's one of those guys who would have died trying to win the Indy 500 and now he doesn't have to. He's a 3-time Naschamp at age 40 with a possible 3 more in his future and the main thing on his mind now is winning at Daytona in 3 months! Congrats, Tony Stewart, but I'll be pulling for someone else to beat you even up in February!:)

Spicoli
11-21-11, 02:07 PM
He formerly drove a lot of other things, too and he was/is VERY good at it. He also made the right move to leave open wheelers, excepting the occasional revisit, to make an actual career for himself in NASCAR. Personality aside, which many seem unable to do, he is one of the very best out there. He's one of those guys who would have died trying to win the Indy 500 and now he doesn't have to. He's a 3-time Naschamp at age 40 with a possible 3 more in his future and the main thing on his mind now is winning at Daytona in 3 months! Congrats, Tony Stewart, but I'll be pulling for someone else to beat you even up in February!:)

did you just write that? :rofl:

:sammich:

Indy
11-21-11, 08:17 PM

Dolan's still alive? :laugh:

Is Big D still banned? :rofl:

stroker
11-21-11, 08:38 PM
It's NASCRAP. I still don't GAF.

grungex
11-21-11, 11:10 PM
Dolan's still alive? :laugh:

Is Big D still banned? :rofl:

Everybody's banned, except Raceblogger and Francis.

NismoZ
11-21-11, 11:45 PM
Sure, I writed it! I seen my duty... and I DONE it! :gomer: Gotta throw SOMEthing out there. This place has been...uh, unexciting (?) lately. Gonna be a long winter. C'MON DELTAWANG!:thumbup:

Ziggy
11-22-11, 11:52 AM
Tony is jest like Senna and Fangio

won of the best dang drivers ever in the history of racing

NismoZ
11-22-11, 12:35 PM
Two apples and an orange. You are correct in your observation concerning the orange.;)

opinionated ow
11-22-11, 05:40 PM
You can pay out on the guy as much as you like but there is no denying that Tony Stewart has talent. I've still not seen anyone drive a midget as well as I saw him do some 15 years ago...

NismoZ
11-22-11, 06:29 PM
That's right. Orange to orange he compares VERY well.

Gnam
11-22-11, 08:11 PM
Tony drove Hamilton's McLaren better than Hamilton at Watkins Glen, proving that Tony is the best driver on the planet and could win the F1 championship if he wanted to.

[/nastard]

nissan gtp
11-22-11, 09:24 PM
You can pay out on the guy as much as you like but there is no denying that Tony Stewart has talent. I've still not seen anyone drive a midget as well as I saw him do some 15 years ago...

dang right. I don't watch much nascab, but that was an entertaining race. Tony drove his ass off, and the all-or-nothing chance on pit stop timing paid off.

Michaelhatesfans
11-23-11, 02:01 AM
Curious - has anyone done a breakdown of how the points would have worked out without the chase? It's been the better part of ten years since I followed NASCAR in any real sense, but it seemed like every time I opened up Autosport this year Jimmy Johnson was dominating the season.

TedN
11-23-11, 07:45 AM

In the post race euphoria of winning his third NASCAR Sprint Cup championship, Tony Stewart could point to the moment in the season when he knew that he still had what it took to be a champion again.

And that moment came on a hot Wednesday night in July at a dirt track in Canada.

On July 27 at tiny — 3/8th of a mile — Ohsweken Speedway on the Six Nations Reserve near Wayne Gretzky’s hometown of Brantford, Ont., Stewart passed Brad Sweet for the lead on Lap 10 and led the rest of the way for his first ever World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series victory.

Story (http://www.torontosun.com/2011/11/21/tony-stewarts-canadian-connection)

Ted

opinionated ow
11-23-11, 10:56 AM
Story (http://www.torontosun.com/2011/11/21/tony-stewarts-canadian-connection)

Ted

I was there the first time that he ever drove a winged sprintcar. Qualified for the feature too (won the midget feature). I think that final included woo drivers brooke tatnell, kerry madsen, 7 times Australian Sprintcar Champion Gary Brazier and iirc steve kinser too

Ziggy
11-23-11, 11:14 AM
well your right then OOW

I jest loves me some stockcarz :tony::gomer::tony:

JohnHKart
11-24-11, 07:30 PM
This doesn't seem to be the forum to spout Nascar love, but that was the best race of the year, and one of the greatest races I've ever seen. Haven't seen anything like that since November 92 and the Kulwicki-Elliot battle. I thought I was gonna die of a heart attack, the tension was killing me!!!! I was pulling for Carl, but I like Stewart too, so I'm glad Tony won, and he did it the way it should be done. I just thank god it was Jimmy again.