PDA

View Full Version : If you live in SoCal

TravelGal
10-20-11, 04:45 PM
This one's for Manic...

From Autoweek: Our friend Richard Parks reminded us that the California Racers Reunion will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Oct. 22 at the Riverside International Automotive Museum. The Reunion features many drivers from jalopy, roadster, sprint and champ cars who braved the tracks of the Golden State after World War II. The event promises to be a window into pages of history turned long ago. The museum is located at 815 Marlborough Ave., #200, Riverside, Calif. Tickets are $45, and for that you even get lunch. Call (951) 369-6966.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20111020/CARNEWS/111029994#ixzz1bMBDRzXl

Lots of other good stuff happening too. You might know that one thing is very near me on a weekend I'll be in Florida! :cry:

Anteater
10-21-11, 09:54 PM
That sounds like a terrific event; thanks for posting, TG. Unfortunately, I can't make it either. :cry: Hope Manic goes there, and gives us a report!

manic mechanic
10-23-11, 11:13 PM
Couldn't get there, TGal.. I was fixing my otherwise "bulletproof" Nissan truck, and had a halloween party last night.

Funny thing is; The local media outlet(s) gave NO notice or coverage to the shindig at the Magnon museum.. I stumbled on this tonight...here. :confused:

Oh well, better luck next time.

Thanks for the late "heads up".

manic