PDA

View Full Version : Lemons Racing

Rogue Leader
10-19-11, 10:04 AM
Any other Lemons guys here? I know I've mentioned it once or twice here, My team is headed into its 4th year. Here is our facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin

Opposite Lock
10-19-11, 05:28 PM
When I first read your team name, I thought it said Team Farfrumwimmin. :D

Anyway, good luck and have fun! :thumbup:

TravelGal
10-19-11, 08:56 PM
When I first read your team name, I thought it said Team Farfrumwimmin. :D

Anyway, good luck and have fun! :thumbup:

Wow, you really need new glasses. I can't imagine some with the name Rogue Leader would pick Farfrumwimmin.

Yes, I'm JOKING for the humor challenged out there. I mean, I'm joking about the glasses part. :D

Rogue Leader
10-20-11, 07:34 AM
Hehe thanks guys!

Elmo T
05-12-16, 08:05 AM
I knew I would find a thread here somewhere. ;)

OK, so after years of watching, I've been asked to take to the track.

Chatted racing with a local business owner for several years. Last month he asked if I wanted to drive with their Lemons team at NJ Motorsports Park this weekend. I jumped at the chance.

Now I am getting nervous! :saywhat:

I am used to driving quickly - though a red light and siren and laws requiring other drivers yield to me has made it much easier.

Any tips for the novice?

SteveH
05-12-16, 08:46 AM
Any tips for the novice?

Its never your fault, no matter what happens.

Elmo T
05-12-16, 11:13 AM
Its never your fault, no matter what happens.

:rofl:

Funny - the Lemons rules say it is always your fault. :rofl::rofl:

6.1: It's Always Your Fault: LeMons is an all-fault environment. You are 100% responsible for what happens while you're at the wheel. Think you're the hittee, not the hitter? We don't care. Think you've been wrongly accused? See the part where it says "we don't care." Your job is to stay out of trouble. If trouble finds you, take responsibility like a grownup and figure out how to avoid it the next time. This ain't the damn SCCA.

dando
05-14-16, 01:03 AM
Any tips for the novice?

Punch it, and don't follow Danicle. :gomer: :D

Elmo T
05-16-16, 08:03 AM
Well I survived.

I got to drive a very quick Mercedes. That is not the same as me going quickly. Our team's best driver said I was respectable for a first timer with zero track time and no racing schools. I think he was being polite.

I didn't hit anything or anyone. I did loop the car in the rain on Friday during practice. Car behind me picked the wrong way to go and we did touch but no damage.

The "passed" to "being passed" ratio may not have been in my favor. And I learned once you stop worrying about the cars behind you, it is much easier to race.

Overall it was a great experience.

dando
05-16-16, 10:24 AM
Well I survived.

I got to drive a very quick Mercedes. That is not the same as me going quickly. Our team's best driver said I was respectable for a first timer with zero track time and no racing schools. I think he was being polite.

I didn't hit anything or anyone. I did loop the car in the rain on Friday during practice. Car behind me picked the wrong way to go and we did touch but no damage.

The "passed" to "being passed" ratio may not have been in my favor. And I learned once you stop worrying about the cars behind you, it is much easier to race.

:thumbup:

I've always wanted to do M-O, but then the girls happened, and I kinda got distracted. :) No more TMC chip upgrades, cold air intakes, or Racing Dynamic wheels. :( I traded that shizz for The Mouse. ;) Maybe when it comes time to learn driving we'll get to hit the M-O school together.

nrc
05-16-16, 12:27 PM
Sounds like a great time. When's your next race? :D

TravelGal
05-16-16, 08:37 PM
Well I survived.

And I learned once you stop worrying about the cars behind you, it is much easier to race.

An allegory for life if I ever heard one. Good for you for giving it a try. You didn't damage the merchandise. I hope they invite you back. :thumbup:

Elmo T
05-17-16, 08:31 AM
Sounds like a great time. When's your next race? :D

It was a great time - though Lemons racing is a $#it show if I ever saw one. :rofl:

I asked one of the experienced guys to come along with me so I could watch the cars and the racing lines. You don't often hear someone tell you "watch out for giraffe car - those guys are really fast". :saywhat::D