PDA

View Full Version : Hey

Ziggy
10-19-11, 09:11 AM
My PM's don't work

Ziggy

nrc
10-19-11, 09:28 AM
Are you getting an error message? What kind of problem are you seeing?

Ziggy
10-19-11, 09:44 AM
I got it to work by right clicking my mouse and opening in new window

TravelGal
10-21-11, 12:58 AM
I noticed the same thing today. Followed exactly the same procedure to get it to work.

Edit: That is, that's what I had to do this morning. I just tried it and it worked fine (10 PM Pacific time)

nrc
10-21-11, 01:53 AM
Which link is it that's (sometimes) not working? "Private Messages?"

opinionated ow
10-21-11, 02:11 AM
the other day I couldn't access profiles from the username next to a post in the thread

nrc
10-21-11, 03:09 AM
the other day I couldn't access profiles from the username next to a post in the thread

Ah. That one. There seems to be something busted in the javascript for dropdown menus that I haven't been able to track down. Sometimes they seem to work immediately, sometimes only when you click twice, etc. So far I haven't been able to track down exactly why. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to rebuild the the theme from a fresh template when I do another update.

TravelGal
10-21-11, 12:33 PM
Which link is it that's (sometimes) not working? "Private Messages?"

For me, it was the Private Messages that didn't, then did, work.

BarillaGirl
10-21-11, 03:59 PM
For me, it was the Private Messages that didn't, then did, work.

I've been having the same problem with Private Messages. I think I had to click on the text link, THEN on the triangle. I'll try to pay more attention next time, but i don't get a lot of messages to practice on.

Insomniac
10-22-11, 05:14 PM
nrc: If you want to try to replace

if(H[F].title=="nohilite"){H[F].title=""}

with

/*if(H[F].title=="nohilite"){H[F].title=""}*/

in vbulletin_menu.js

that may fix the problems in this thread and the other. That code is always going to throw an exception. If you want geek details, just send me a PM.

nrc
10-23-11, 02:42 AM
nrc: If you want to try to replace

if(H[F].title=="nohilite"){H[F].title=""}

with

/*if(H[F].title=="nohilite"){H[F].title=""}*/

in vbulletin_menu.js

that may fix the problems in this thread and the other. That code is always going to throw an exception. If you want geek details, just send me a PM.

I'll give it a try. Yes, please drop me a note. I had seen the exception being thrown and thought it might be the cause but hadn't had an opportunity to dig into the cause - my Javascript is more than a little rusty.

nrc
10-24-11, 12:36 AM
That appears to have fixed it. Many thanks, Insomniac, for sorting through that.

Insomniac
10-24-11, 12:59 PM
That appears to have fixed it. Many thanks, Insomniac, for sorting through that.

I hope it helps everyone. I haven't been able to spend as much time here as I have in the past, I should contribute something. :D