PDA

View Full Version : Pippa Mann?

Fio1
10-17-11, 05:57 PM
I have a question regarding Pippa Mann. First of all, I like her; i think she belongs at this level. But, is it possible that she has ended up in the hospital in every Indy Car race she has entered this year, or am I imagining things?

Chief
10-17-11, 06:07 PM
You are correct. And 99% of the time the safety crew has let her either climb out (upon 50G+ impacts) or have ripped her out of her cockpit. They even let her burn yesterday, so no worries.

Elmo T
10-17-11, 09:57 PM
C-Spine stabilization is a few years out for them. :shakehead

Ziggy
10-18-11, 08:07 AM
I dissagree. She has no business in this type of car.

What are her credentials? What has she accomplished and whom has she bettered?

There are others who have no business on the track.

cameraman
10-18-11, 12:34 PM
She did two full years in Indy lights, two full years in Formula Renault 3.5 and two in Formula Renault 2.0 and one full year in Porsches.

She may be a mid-packer but she has exactly the ladder experience an IRL driver should have.

Andrew Longman
10-18-11, 12:49 PM
She did two full years in Indy lights, two full years in Formula Renault 3.5 and two in Formula Renault 2.0 and one full year in Porsches.

She may be a mid-packer but she has exactly the ladder experience an IRL driver should have.

I agree.

But I really felt for her seeing her with a snoot full of fire bottle spray and beat to crap and in tears. What a mess.

Ziggy
10-18-11, 04:59 PM
and you hit the nail on the head, she followed the ladder system set by the Earl

she brings dollars to an entertainment industry. No car owner in their right mind hires her on ability or latent talent.

Same could be said for 90% of these "racers"

they are rent a rides, plain and simple. Dumbed down racing for dummies

cameraman
10-18-11, 07:02 PM
Formula Renault 3.5 is the ladder that produced Sebastian Vettel, in fact Pippa Mann raced against him in 2007.

Trevor Longman
10-18-11, 09:33 PM
Alexander Rossi (Americas best hope of an F1 driver) and Robert Wickens (Canada's best hope of an F1 driver) just graduated from there, finishing 3rd and 1st respectively in the championship. Its assumed that both will be going to GP2 next year. Formula Renault 3.5 has produced some great drivers like Kubica, Rosberg, Alonso, Kovalainen, Maldonado, Kobayashi, Vettel, Algusuari, Pagenaud, and Will Power so it certainly isn't a dead end series.

emjaya
10-19-11, 09:18 AM
Vettel has won almost every series he has entered, meanwhile Pippa Mann has been a back-marker in every (mostly spec) series she has entered.

They may have been on the track at the same time, but they were miles apart in driving ability.

When you look at all the ladder series over the years, there are one or two or three names that stand out and there are around thirty other drivers who just don't have what it takes to make it.
They stick around for a year or two, then either run out of money or they are pushed out to make room for some other hot shoe. They either go home or they move sideways into other, lesser, series.

Like the IRL.

CART had it's share of drivers that were pushed out of their drives, but they were being pushed out of F1 drives and had some real ability.

Over the years the skill level has just been dropping and dropping. In the IRLs case, it was never that high.

Ziggy
10-19-11, 09:28 AM
I raced against Mark Dinsmore, and once stayed at a Holiday Inn

big deal

I would not let Pippa Manna drive me to the airport, and I doubt Vettel would either :saywhat:

gerhard911
10-19-11, 11:53 AM
I would not let Pippa Manna drive me to the airport, and I doubt Vettel would either :saywhat:

:rofl:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Lux Interior
10-19-11, 12:28 PM
Pippa Middleton, on the other hand, could drive me anywhere. :D

http://pippasass.com/

You can follow her ass on Twitter.

Andrew Longman
10-19-11, 01:00 PM
Pippa Middleton, on the other hand, could drive me anywhere. :D

http://pippasass.com/

You can follow her ass on Twitter.Pippa Manna wouldn't bore me on the trip to the airport either.
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/876/185/Pippa_display_image.jpg?1303268240

She is not what I want to build a serious racing series around though, if that is the point. Still, I feel bad for what happened to her on Sunday.

Fio1
10-19-11, 02:10 PM
Derek Warwick said it best. In F1 you have to qualify for a super license, be race winner or past champion in another series in order to race in F1. In the last 20 years there were a dozen questionable drivers, some were even F3000 race winners. But in IRL, if you ran mid-pack in every series you've ever run, never won anything, you could still buy a ride. There have been dozens of dodgy drivers over the years. I think there were 10 to 15 questionable drivers in Sunday's race; all would be OK to race on a road course, but 220 mph side-by-side on that track takes a lot more experience. Note: that the guys running in the back didn't cause this crash either....

You can't really blame Pippa Mann for her accident, because Powers did more or less the same thing. I think she needs a bit more time before she races these cars on super speedways.

Andrew Longman
10-19-11, 03:14 PM
I'd rather it be as it was in the "old days"

Used to be that an existing "license" holder had to "sponsor" you to race. In other words, I am willing to vouch that you won't kill me or my fellow racers.

To even get a rookie test at IMS I think you also had to have actually raced at Trenton or Milwaukee plus get a veteran to vouch for you. The NHRA was the similar. I like that.

Napoleon
10-19-11, 03:19 PM
I'd rather it be as it was in the "old days"

Used to be that an existing "license" holder had to "sponsor" you to race. In other words, I am willing to vouch that you won't kill me or my fellow racers.

Funny, that is the same method you need to use to get admitted to practice in front of the US Supreme Ct.

G.
10-19-11, 05:26 PM
In summation, she is a proven back-marker, from the earl ladder, buying her way into a ride.

Seems to me, she's eggzactly where she's supposed to be. :\ That's what the leegue is for, right?

I'm guessing she won't be back.

Any "real" info on her injuries? All I've heard is burns on pinkie, surgery once, will need surgery again.

Ziggy
10-19-11, 06:10 PM
and remember, I like my women pretty.......

my racing drivers, not at all

I mean Emmo had that terrible acne :eek:

Don Quixote
10-19-11, 06:41 PM
And James Hunt had that long stringy hair.... :D

TKGAngel
10-21-11, 08:36 AM
Any "real" info on her injuries? All I've heard is burns on pinkie, surgery once, will need surgery again.

According to Pippa's twitter, she has a third operation on Tuesday to reconstruct the hand/finger area.

Fio1
10-22-11, 03:05 AM
Her's was by far the most violent of the crashes; she didn't slow down one mph when she launched over Tracy (I believe).

I doubt she'll step foot in an IndyCar ever again. I can't see her family financing another trip to the hospital...:shakehead

I reckon Sportscars or Touring cars are in her future.

JohnHKart
10-22-11, 05:35 AM
Pippa Manna wouldn't bore me on the trip to the airport either.
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/876/185/Pippa_display_image.jpg?1303268240

She is not what I want to build a serious racing series around though, if that is the point. Still, I feel bad for what happened to her on Sunday.

wow that's the same person as this?????? Talk about cleaning up good!

http://www.flagworld.com/photos/d/425865-1/Pippa+Mann+091212.jpg

grungex
10-23-11, 09:26 PM
Have you not seen Danica without makeup? Same principle, except Pippa still looks better...

TravelGal
10-27-11, 07:24 PM
Hacksaw Hamilton (radio) has been all over this whole situation. I sure hope he was wrong today when he reported that Pippa is facing amputation of "some of: her fingers because they don't think they can fix the problem. :(

Andrew Longman
10-27-11, 07:25 PM
Hacksaw Hamilton (radio) has been all over this whole situation. I sure hope he was wrong today when he reported that Pippa is facing amputation of "some of: her fingers because they don't think they can fix the problem. :(Crap. Major crap if true.

BarillaGirl
10-27-11, 08:11 PM
Whereas the "civilian" media has been saying things like "she needed surgery to repair a burned pinkie." Makes it sounds all feminine an' ladylike an' the little blonde girl's worried there might be a scar. ANY hand surgery is a tricky and important event. I don't know whether to :rolleyes: or :saywhat:

Gnam
10-28-11, 12:44 AM
I hope she's alright. I also hope she quits Indycar.

drip, drip, drip...