PDA

View Full Version : Korea

BarillaGirl
10-16-11, 03:00 AM
I ended up staying up to watch the GP..... nice dancing between Schumi and his favorite partner Petrov. Investigation after the race.

So far they have issued penalties and cried wolf about unsafe pit releases and pit entries but said nothing about the two times (so far, anyway, I'm on lap 30) that drivers CLEARLY crossed the wrong part of the pit EXIT line. :confused:

If you're watching off the DVR, pay attention around lap 25 when the SPEED boys talk about the refrigerator conditions when the teams arrived earlier this week. :yuck:

opinionated ow
10-16-11, 04:29 AM
If Vettel wins a race in South Korea and nobody is there to see it, did it really happen?

Pilgrims Drop
10-16-11, 04:57 AM
I ended up staying up to watch the GP..... nice dancing between Schumi and his favorite partner Petrov. Investigation after the race.

So far they have issued penalties and cried wolf about unsafe pit releases and pit entries but said nothing about the two times (so far, anyway, I'm on lap 30) that drivers CLEARLY crossed the wrong part of the pit EXIT line. :confused:

If you're watching off the DVR, pay attention around lap 25 when the SPEED boys talk about the refrigerator conditions when the teams arrived earlier this week. :yuck:
Apparently it's ok to cross as soon as they've past the bollard at the end despite the markings on the tarmac...

DRS is contrived racing especially when it is implemented on the most obvious place for an overtake... it might've added something if it had been used on a piece of the track where overtakes weren't possible without it.

And I realized one thing why I hate Tilke tracks... they all look like construction sites... pay some attention to the surroundings, plant some trees give the tracks some resemblance of a soul at least...

BarillaGirl
10-16-11, 09:47 AM
And I realized one thing why I hate Tilke tracks... they all look like construction sites... pay some attention to the surroundings, plant some trees give the tracks some resemblance of a soul at least...

Well, the SPEED boys talked about that. Apparently the Korean organizers padlocked the site and took off as soon as everybody left last year, and opened it back up last Tuesday or summat. So, they COULD have done something with the grounds, but they apparently chose not to.:shakehead

cameraman
10-16-11, 12:46 PM
you get the feeling that the Korean F1 group is losing money hand over fist. That crowd was tending towards IRL levels.

Pilgrims Drop
10-16-11, 01:51 PM
Not really... the EARL would kill for attandence like this
http://cdn.gallery.autosport.com/picture_free.php/dir/koreagpsun2011/image/su_11kor2003-2
http://cdn.gallery.autosport.com/picture_free.php/dir/koreagpsun2011/image/l__g7c5930-2
I mean you can actually tell that there is someone there watching... ;)

Indy
10-16-11, 03:01 PM
Any bets on how long this one lasts? When does their contact expire?

Thanks Bernie. Your series is a joke.

Trevor Longman
10-16-11, 03:40 PM
At least the Turkish GP lasted 5-6 years before the crowds got to that point. Its only year 2 and they're already closing off entire grandstands. :shakehead

BarillaGirl
10-16-11, 09:36 PM
I was going to post about my first time trying Korean BBQ and kim chee (liked both), but now it all seems rather pointless. :(

racer2c
10-16-11, 10:01 PM
I'm sure Korea is doomed. But they can pick and choose. The gov Builds a multi million dollar track...if no one comes after the second year move on to the next i.e. India, Russia, Arab countries no one has ever heard of etc. they can play that game for a long time.

NismoZ
10-16-11, 10:29 PM
Geez, no aluminum in that bottom pic...but plenty of daylight!:)

BarillaGirl
10-17-11, 12:16 AM
Like Fred, "I give up." :(

Insomniac
10-17-11, 10:44 AM
That story about them closing down after the last race and opening back up this week makes me think there is absolutely no promotion either.

racer2c
10-17-11, 10:47 AM
That story about them closing down after the last race and opening back up this week makes me think there is absolutely no promotion either.

Catering left over from the year before!!! :eek:

It won't be missed by this fan, that's for sure.

cameraman
10-17-11, 11:55 AM
That the track is really a terrible design does not help things any. I really hope Tilke has done better, tremendously better, with the Austin design.

Tifosi24
10-17-11, 05:41 PM
I will agree with most folks that this track is not very good, and that mixed with the promoters totally losing money means the circuit is unlikely to reach the end of its contract. My co-worker is originally from Korea, knows nothing about motorsport, but after I explained the circumstances of the circuit, and where it is, he said it sounds like classic graft politics in Korea. It is clear on the other side of the country from Seoul, which according to him has half of the population or more, which further means the event is doomed. I don't recall which real track lost its date because of this snoozer, but I hope it was Magny-Cours or some other less than stellar track.

NismoZ
10-18-11, 11:51 AM
Haven't paid close attention but is this the same place ChampCar was GOING to run? That was a wonderful chapter in racing history that should have given anyone a clue as to what would LIKELY happen.:shakehead

patski
10-18-11, 12:03 PM
Haven't paid close attention but is this the same place ChampCar was GOING to run? That was a wonderful chapter in racing history that should have given anyone a clue as to what would LIKELY happen.:shakehead

No